As in, officially. No kidding. This is actually going down. The proverbial dukey just hit the fan, folks.
But in a good way.
Anyway, before I continue that thought process anymore... it's now summer, and therefore I actually have the time I need to dedicate myself to this more wholly. Now, I realize I've said this several times before... "it really will happen this time, guys, promise"... so I won't say it again.
However I will go ahead and say that I am going to tackle this again and see what I can make out of it. It may not be a total revamp of previous stuff, but it won't be entirely similar.
I'm also taken to understand that 501st has the intention of creating an RPG system supplement for BrikSpace. Kudos to him, I'm glad to have his aid and support. We'll be working together, but not on the same things. No worries, BrikSpace is still solely my boneriffic little brain baby.
So, that all said, here's a small list of official planned improvements to the system:
- * Improved FP Prices
* Datanetting (thanks to Warhead and various others)
* Firing Arcs (to make movement not utterly pointless)
* Weaponry Updates (potentially a point-based upgrade system as well)
* New Flagship/CIC Rules
* New Battlefield Setup rules (minefields, IDEWs, and the like)
* Hit Point/Piece-off Hybrid Rules (uncertain about these)
Obviously playtesters will be needed. Step up, please do.