QuickWars: Cominbed Attacks

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

QuickWars: Cominbed Attacks

Postby morganm » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:53 pm

"If several Minifigs are in position to attack the same target, they may all combine their attacks together, adding all their Damage into a single massive roll."

I used this to great advantage in my first battle. However I wonder if I was doing it right? It seemed way too easy to gang up and kick the snot out of my son's army one by one.

All I did was keep my melee units bunched up, move in on one of his guys, and during my Attack Phase I declared all of them were attacking the single opponent. Sometimes it was 4 on 1 and he stood no chance. The worst assault was when I used 4 melee and 2 ranged minifigs to obliterate his hero during one attack phase.

Did the same with ranged minifigs. I didn't have nearly as many on the field as melee guys however I'd use the same tactic. Just kept them pretty close together, within 10" of his guys, and declare they all were attacking a single opponent. Usually resulted in their destruction.
morganm
Dimmy

Postby stubby » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:43 pm

That sounds about right, but 4 on 1 isn't the most efficient distribution of forces. If he'd hit your 4:1 gangs with an equal number of guys using 2:1, he'd've inflicted faster casualties.

QuikWars isn't really designed for strategic depth. If you managed to get figures on the table and have them smash each other, you've pretty much explored everything the game has to offer.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:12 pm

It is, however, excellent for playing games with small siblings, such as Darth.

I kid! I'm currently playing a Quikwars game with Darth, myself, and my little sis, who is currently kicking the snot out of Darth's elite troopers. He always overuses this technique in actual battles, which has made him come close to winning several times.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby morganm » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

Gaming with my young son so Quickwars seems to suit us well.
morganm
Dimmy

Return to The Rulebook