(NEWS) Lego makes Pirates of the Caribbean?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:49 pm

What is was is Lego created this new color they could use for figures, and while some people liked it there was opposition after all who wants to change there entire supply of figs after collecting for 20 something years, so rather then do a full switch with every theme and every set. Lego decided that form now on (insert date ) all licensed sets will be flesh while all the "core" sets would be classic yellow. Sort of half and half fix to the mess they created. The fig god has spoken. :wink: :guinness:
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:54 pm

DarthBrik wrote:
Blitzen wrote:Actually the peach shift happened after the gray shift, so there are some licensed sets that have new bleys with yellow figs, like Rebel Snowspeeder from 2004.
And the first few years of harry potter which I have a few sets of.
Nope, only the first two years had yellow figs, and if my memory is correct they both had old greys. I don't think there many licensed sets made in that period in between shifts, and I know for a fact the third year of HP was fully shifted.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Well as a base you have to take elements B,I,z with about half as much of the compound BS and it does not hurt to add a little of the stupidity to the formula to help keep everything nice and stable either. What happins when you add all these ingredients together is you get an overly snobby Cadian with more English skills then Lego now how. She's very funny to listen to and some of her posts are genuinely worth a good laugh but don't bother when it comes to to her Lego knowledge its all just a bad joke. However there is the added plus of that English skill resulting in a near flawless joke presentation.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:09 pm

:wtc:

That made less than no sense.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:27 pm

Daniel wrote:If they are going to do tie ins with Disney owned IP then I would love to see TRON sets. I would love one f the light cycles and one of the tanks.

What can I say, I loved the movie. :D
Oh my God, yes. With glow-in-the-dark stuff on the minifigs.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Aw, Blitzen must have called off the relationship.

james+burgundy

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

Looks like.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:48 am

james+burgundy wrote:maybe maybe if the megablok license runs out (which I think I might have)
I like this because it makes megablok license sound like a disease.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:39 pm

stubby wrote:
james+burgundy wrote:maybe maybe if the megablok license runs out (which I think I might have)
I like this because it makes megablok license sound like a disease.
Implying that it isn't?

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:02 pm

james+burgundy wrote:Well as a base you have to take elements B,I,z with about half as much of the compound BS and it does not hurt to add a little of the stupidity to the formula to help keep everything nice and stable either. What happins when you add all these ingredients together is you get an overly snobby Cadian with more English skills then Lego now how. She's very funny to listen to and some of her posts are genuinely worth a good laugh but don't bother when it comes to to her Lego knowledge its all just a bad joke. However there is the added plus of that English skill resulting in a near flawless joke presentation.
No, I'm pretty sure I was 100% correct and you didn't even check the link I presented. That would be, a link to peeron.com with a list of parts that includes both a yellow Luke head and other parts in this colour Peeron calls "DkStone", aka, BLEY. Gee, how did I know this set exists with these colours!? Would you llok at that! I OWN it. Dumbass.

So you called me stupid, snobby, and "worth a good laugh", and called my LEGO knowledge "a bad joke". However, the information I presented was, in fact, true, making your post both incredibly unnecessary and incredibly wrong. Good day.

EDIT: The post you tried to affirm, j+b, was actually a reply to DarthBrik. aoffan said there weren't MANY sets made between the shifts, with an obvious example being the one I linked to. aoffan and DarthBrik were discussing the Harry Potter sets, not the Star Wars ones to which I referred.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 pm

And the romance is back!

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:22 pm

:omnom: :guinness: :omnom:

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Is everyone so blind that they're missing the obvious? Or is there perception buttplug on the picture? why is he on a camel? Pirates of the Caribbean isn't set anywhere near the dessert? OK there may be camels in the new movie but I doubt it. also why have they not used the normal plastic for the hair? I doubt LEGO has took up the licence.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Dr StrangeBrik
Nice Dubs

Post by Dr StrangeBrik » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:28 pm

Seven out of Ten pirates said they preferred camels...

(but what they do in their spare time is entirely up to them....)

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 pm

dilanski wrote:Is everyone so blind that they're missing the obvious? Or is there perception buttplug on the picture? why is he on a camel? Pirates of the Caribbean isn't set anywhere near the dessert? OK there may be camels in the new movie but I doubt it. also why have they not used the normal plastic for the hair? I doubt LEGO has took up the licence.
because, if you could zoom out of this picture, you would see that this is in a PoP set diorama. He is on a camel so that he will blend in and not be noticed unless someone is looking really hard. TLC puts Astarte eggs like this in all the time, it's kindof their thing.