Mini campaign in NZ

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

CreatioNZ
Hero

Mini campaign in NZ

Post by CreatioNZ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:34 am

Hello, I'm from good ole NZ and is holding a small campaign thingy.
here are the rules.

There will be 6 games at 100pts each game. you are in total over the 6 games are allowed to spend a maximum of 400pts. Anything that goes to the special place or gets destroyed, stays that way for the remainder of the campaign.

here are the missions

MISSION 1 - Take and hold
Each player will deploy on opposite sides of the table. A terrain piece will need to be placed in the centre of the table. A 15 minute time limit will be set and whoever has the most Construction points on the terrain at the end of the 15 minutes wins the game.

MISSION 2 - Race
Both armies will deploy on the same table edge. Players must move their armies across the board to the opposite table edge. A player may only attack if the have reached the objective. Person with the most Construction points closest to the objective wins

MISSION 3 - Cleansify
The player with the most Cps in 15 minutes wins the game.

MISSION 4- Attacker defender
Each player must decide on who’s attacker or defender by a dice roll. The defender must keep their piece of terrain or object from enemy hands by destroying them. The defender will be given the following at no extra cost for the duration of the game:
Special creation (x 4)
Structure size: 2.5inches, level 1 armour (1d 10), immobile.
The attacker will need to have the most Cps in the designated area in 15 minutes or the defender wins.

MISSION 5 - global warming
Every Minifig in a players army will take a d6 wound and special creations will take a d10 attack before the game from toxic gases exploding. If a player goes in terrain the player must roll a d6 and on a roll of a 1 the unit dies. If the unit rolls a six, they get free armour or one of the following upgrades:
Multitasking
Multi-dexterity
Or a skill boost of 1
Please mark the units which has gained the special ability clearly

MISSION 6
Both players decide on one of the above. If an agreement cannot be organised, each player rolls a die, lowest wins.

the players will be scored on theme, sportsmanship, and army list composition.

tell me what you think.

If you live in Christchurch New Zealand, PM and you can join.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:43 am

A 15 minute time limit will be trouble, whoever gets to the hill first will just stall. You're better off saying "at the end of turn five" or "whenever someone's on the hill, we'll roll 1d6 at the end of the turn - on a 6 the game ends"

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:48 pm

yeah they could but the players I play with here over in NZ are nice and honest so it shouldn't be any trouble. And if they do stall, they will be lowered in comp score by thier opponent, which will affect placings. but I do like the roll a d6 on a six the game ends. thanks

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:24 pm

tl;dr

BUT, i agree with mike. not only is there the stall concept, but there's also the fact that a single turn generally takes longer than 15 minutes.

CreatioNZ
Hero

Post by CreatioNZ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:31 am

IVhorseman wrote:tl;dr

BUT, i agree with mike. not only is there the stall concept, but there's also the fact that a single turn generally takes longer than 15 minutes.
not the way we play.... we don't speed game, but manage to finish 100cp games in 15 or so mins. I played a game today which resulted in two out of three armies dying by their seccond turn and one army dying in their first. - stupid uneccessary explosions. I suppose we love to make things go boom, and when they do, they destroy <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a>.