Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys
Moderators: Dr. X, fredde, ikensall
still, it is awesome, I hope they make more creations like that
- Posts: 932
- Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
- Location: Below sea-level
This set seems overpriced.
- Cannon Fodder
- Posts: 345
- Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm
Atomsk wrote:This set seems overpriced.
All the factory ones are. Still neat, though.
- Cannon Fodder
- Posts: 343
- Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:38 pm
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
As a rule, I try not to buy sets that are priced over 10 cents per piece. There are exceptions though, because extra minifigs will sometimes offset the piece to price ratio in smaller sets, and they're the reason for buying the smaller sets in the first place.
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:40 pm
- Location: Connecticut
It seems overpriced because it's much bigger than you think it is. Standard Lego designs show all their features on the surface, so it's easy to see how much is going on when you look at the cover photo. The fan-based designs have all the detail on the inside, so from the cover photos they look less impressive than they actually are.
- Posts: 869
- Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
- Location: BrikWars HQ, USA
well- lego will probaly have instructions for it somewhere so just buy all the bricks over at briklink then build it yourself if you wan't to avoid the price by about $5
- Clown-Face Bologna
- Posts: 2019
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
- Location: Fictional Deutschland
Return to Bricks
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ikensall and 3 guests