Orange Transparent - Single Atom Core

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:43 pm

From the Wiki:
"...most of the battles between large factions involve insane chainsaw action with each side sending its hardest units to battle the other's, OTCs in hand. The awesome results of these battles are massive explosions of violence and blood which go down in the books of BrikWars legend."

Original OT is very hard to come by. So some enterprising souls with more brains than brawn set out to make their own. It was theoretically possible to manufacture OT since the original supply was minimade. They devised a plan to scour ancient legendary battlefields for microscopic bits of OT that may have been knocked loose in the OTC vs OTC battles. After thousands of years of searching, they found it, a single atom of OT.

Now with an original OT sample they could begin the scientific process of cloning it into a larger usable supply. It took over 100 million years to discover the best mixture of chemicals, power levels and environments that would grow more OT. They eventually got the process down to 1 million years to make enough clone OT to make 1 chainsaw. The trick was that each mass of clone OT needed 1 atom of original OT at its core. The self repair properties of OT took care of the rest. The atom of OT would scavenge the adjacent materials to clone itself, this is a slow process. The resulting clone OT is inferior to the original, but anyone who actually knows the difference first hand isn't talking.

Ancient Battlefields are now a source of conflict among those factions who wish to clone OT. Each atom of OT an explorer finds and sells at auction or to a private buyer could buy him a planet. Although a minifig could spend his entire life searching and still find nothing.

Of course there are still mad scientists on isolated moonbases that are running experiments to recreate the conditions that produced the original OT. None have been successful. I suppose thats what makes them mad.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:30 pm

cool i will combine our stories and add it to the wiki.(eventually)
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:43 pm

Uhm... I don't need yours combined with this, thanks anyway.
The shark dude is just another faction making clone OT.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:03 pm

i think they fit together wonderfully.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I don't pay you to think, I... what the hell do I pay you for!?.

You're Fired!

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:00 pm

I think I like the new one better. Now I can better explain why I have trucks full of OT Ore.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:16 pm

Gungnir wrote:I think I like the new one better. Now I can better explain why I have trucks full of OT Ore.
Yup I should have added that too.
It helps explain why there seems to be so much OT in the universe, much more than could have been mined from the original event site.
The excess OT is clone OT-SAC.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:28 pm

and sharkhead is trying to speed up the process by adding less power full trans-color atoms? so his final product only contains a few OT atoms and the rest is filler?

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:57 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:and sharkhead is trying to speed up the process by adding less power full trans-color atoms? so his final product only contains a few OT atoms and the rest is filler?
You only need a little bit.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:10 pm

do you mean a little bit of the OT atoms?

well yes but it is a REALY slow prosses. Prof. SharkHead, always the schemer, decided that that quantiy has precedence over quality. SO with this in maind he developed a process that can produce enough N.O.T to make a 2X4 brick in a year. the main plant uses a small OT mediorite as the source material.

His Neon Orange transparent material is stable in only the loosest use of the term. any large amount of damage will cause any amount of the substance to explode.

and that is my take on the story.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:01 am

Wikied

http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/Orange+Transparent+Clone

You can make a separate page for the shark dude. This page is just about the material not the factions making it.

If you have a different material make a new page.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:36 pm

there are several flaws in your story and I will point some out.

one is that it would take much to long to make any ot. 1,000 to discover the 1 molecule, over 100 million years to discover the best mixture of chemicals, power levels and environments, and one million years to make every proceeding OTC so that is 101,001,000, to make one OTC that means that they would have to have started long long long long before the first deadly spaceman i know you are trying to make a likely time frame to duplicate the ability of OT but it just to to too long.

secondly there is tons of OT it was made by a planet destroying laser possibly a hundred miles across there is plenty of OT. there is no need for your story you just have obtained tons of OT lucky you.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm

solvess wrote:there are several flaws in your story and I will point some out.

one is that it would take much to long to make any ot. 1,000 to discover the 1 molecule, over 100 million years to discover the best mixture of chemicals, power levels and environments, and one million years to make every proceeding OTC so that is 101,001,000, to make one OTC that means that they would have to have started long long long long before the first deadly spaceman I know you are trying to make a likely time frame to duplicate the ability of OT but it just to to too long.

secondly there is tons of OT it was made by a planet destroying laser possibly a hundred miles across there is plenty of OT. there is no need for your story you just have obtained tons of OT lucky you.
There are several flaws in your points and I will point some out.

One: Time is irrelevant since in the Lego universe time travel is common. Space faring races fight medieval etc... So while the tech was invented in the future/past it has traveled to the here/now by time travel. The tech has already been invented so the first 100 million is not needed, so just 1 million per OTC.

Secondly: There was tons of OT created, but that amount is finite. Some of it has been taken off that planet, a small fraction of the total and the remaining supply is guarded by some of toughest bastards in the universe. There is no need for your corrections, you have just obtained tons of shitgoat, lucky you.

For factions today, the creation of OT_SAC can be a long term goal. If you happen to be immortal then a million years is not so long to wait. Then you just send it back in time.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:59 pm

also there are no atoms in OT It is basically frozen energy depending on the properties of the orange laser so the only way to duplicate it would be to duplicate frozen energy.
My brute

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:46 pm

solvess wrote:also there are no atoms in OT
Yes there are!
solvess wrote: the only way to duplicate it would be to duplicate frozen energy.
It duplicates itself, I don't need to do anything but provide the proper environment.