Orange Transparent - Single Atom Core

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:12 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:do you mean a little bit of the OT atoms?
Yeah. OT might be a lot like Phazon. It slowly converts other matter into itself.
Except, instead of slowly burning you without special armor, it makes you explode if you aren't awesome enough to hold it.
Tzan wrote: One: Time is irrelevant since in the Lego universe time travel is common. Space faring races fight medieval etc... So while the tech was invented in the future/past it has traveled to the here/now by time travel. The tech has already been invented so the first 100 million is not needed, so just 1 million per OTC.
And even it there wasn't, the Deadly Spacemen kick the ass of the entire universe every year, which messes up all continuity with it's pure awesomeness. OT could end up practically everywhere just because of time being broken so thoroughly and so often.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:20 pm

solvess wrote: the only way to duplicate it would be to duplicate frozen energy.
It duplicates itself, I don't need to do anything but provide the proper environment.[/quote]

how does this environment allow it to corrupt other things with awesomeness?
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:08 pm

solvess wrote: how does this environment allow it to corrupt other things with awesomeness?

It does it by being the right environment for that to happen of course.

If you want the scientific explanation you'll have to read the research papers on the subject. You like to read right? I can't explain in 1 post what took 100 million years of science.

Oh wait, I have an answer.
Awesomeness is like heat.
Heat moves to a colder area.
Awesomeness moves to less awesome areas, in an attempt to make them more awesome. :D

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 am

but like heat it would spread out and dissipate making the OT nearly useless giving a single atom OTC the power of one normal atom of OT making it nearly useless.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:15 am

I already said it was less powerful. I just didnt say how much. That is for the player to decide.

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:42 am

my guess would be a shitload less powerful, it only has the power of one OT atom in a whole OTC let me give you a perspective on how weak it would be well there are a very large amount of atoms in any given thing for example there are more atoms in a glass of water then there are glasses of water in the world and so the single atom OT would basically be nothing.
My brute

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:08 pm

solvess wrote:my guess would be a shitload less powerful, it only has the power of one OT atom in a whole OTC let me give you a perspective on how weak it would be well there are a very large amount of atoms in any given thing for example there are more atoms in a glass of water then there are glasses of water in the world and so the single atom OT would basically be nothing.
My guess would be a shitload more powerful than ordinary weapons, it has the power of 1 OT atom and ordinary weapons have none. Let me give you a perspective on how strong it would be.

Well, there are a very large amount of atoms in any given thing, for example there are more atoms in a glass of water then there are glasses of water in the world and so the single atom OT would basically be stronger than all the water in a world and all the ordinary weapons in the world combined!

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Tzan wrote:
solvess wrote:my guess would be a shitload less powerful, it only has the power of one OT atom in a whole OTC let me give you a perspective on how weak it would be well there are a very large amount of atoms in any given thing for example there are more atoms in a glass of water then there are glasses of water in the world and so the single atom OT would basically be nothing.
My guess would be a shitload more powerful than ordinary weapons, it has the power of 1 OT atom and ordinary weapons have none. Let me give you a perspective on how strong it would be.

Well, there are a very large amount of atoms in any given thing, for example there are more atoms in a glass of water then there are glasses of water in the world and so the single atom OT would basically be stronger than all the water in a world and all the ordinary weapons
in the world combined!
ordinary weapons have other stuff in them and I don't think you understand how infinitesimally small an atom is lets take a .3 millimeter long grain of salt, in a grain of salt there are about 1.2x10^18 atoms so 1200000000000000000 atoms in just one grain and and OTC is a shit load bigger then a grain of salt so there is a shitload of atoms in an OTC and if you reduce that down to one lets say you have a grain of salt sized piece of OT with only one atom you only have 1 out of 1200000000000000000 of the power of a normal piece of OT that size.
My brute

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Ordinary weapons don't have OT in them.

I don't think you understand how infinitely awesome OT is!

An OT-SAC weapon is 1 OT atom plus all the clone atoms, those aren't just air ya know. So the strength of those clone atoms is a player choice. You want to say zero, thats fine. Others may say half or whatever, it doesn't really matter.

I already said original OT is stronger and its up to the players to decide how they want to play it.

OT>OT-SAC>Ordinary weapon>ShitGoat

Is that a hard thing to understand?

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Tzan wrote:[Oh wait, I have an answer.
Awesomeness is like heat.
Heat moves to a colder area.
Awesomeness moves to less awesome areas, in an attempt to make them more awesome. :D
according to what you said it still has the power of one atom just spread out because it is like heat it dissipates into almost nothing when it is spread out.
My brute

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:07 pm

I don't think you understand how infinitely awesome OT is!
It generates its own awesome, if it needs more, it just makes more.

My Hill.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Silverdream wrote:I stab solvess with an OTC. A shard breaks off and I pull out. Painful, no?
I was about to reply and say that pulling out is not a reliable method of birth control, but when I stop to think about it, using it in combination with stabbing them with an OTC probably actually is pretty reliable.

Unless the broken-off shard works like a facehugger.

mm233
Officer

Post by mm233 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Why not take some normal ABS atoms and alter the atomic structure to match the original OT material? That way you have a perfect clone version just as powerful as the original. And if it must be done under the right climate, just make a mobile (because if it was stationary it could be attacked by Ice Worlders much sooner.) production facility on Ice World? Or you could make a giant freezer to replicate the Ice World climate.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:53 pm

solvess wrote: alright you win good game I now am fine with your story.
:D

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:58 pm

Silverdream wrote:
stubby wrote:
Unless the broken-off shard works like a facehugger.
Orange, transparent, shitgoats. HEAD FOR THE HILLS.

OT shard implant -> becomes a working baby OTC inside you and rips you to pieces from the inside out! Vroooom!

Baby OTC: Lego minifig scale, assuming that teen minifigs play with smaller minifigs.