The Conglomerate of Salt Miners

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

The Conglomerate of Salt Miners

Post by Swordsalmon » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:22 pm

The Conglomerate of Salt Miners is a paramilitary organization consisting of essentially ticked-off salt miners. From these humble beginnings, the Conglomerate moved onwards to the shores, fighting Arghbeard's Arrmada and eventually claiming large areas of the sea so they may mine ocean-salt. And all was happy.

...Until the zambehs attacked.

The Conglomerate of Salt Miners quickly became the last hope for many, many unzombified people. They manufactured many more weapons and anti-zambeh ordance. And here, it their current progress.

The Conglomerate of Salt Miner forces arranged.

The leaders. On the left is Outback Jeff, the psychotic founder of the Conglomerate. On the right is Captain Subordinate, a crazy survivalist who has prepared for any and every disaster. He led a four man band deep into zambeh-infested areas and survived. Outback Jeff soon discovered him and now leads the way in anti-zambeh combat.

The infantry. The black and grey-armed fellows are Salt Soldiers, who valiently fight with their submachine guns. The blue-hatted guys are the officers, who wield green assault rifles and provide tactical guidance on the front lines. This picture doesn't show all the infantry; I just finished building two more squads, which I will update whenever possible.

The guys on the right are drivers. They're trained to drive stuff. On the right are the Conglomerate's elite Rangers. They are the original soldiers of the Conglomerate in its early days; but now are the finest firefighters in the land.

These are the skirmish carts. Armed with a light machine gun, these little guys have been valued from the first conflicts up until now. The skirmish cart was the first and most reliable of any Conglomerate vehicle, and once numbered three carts. However, their relative fragility have made them largely outmatched in heavy combat, and are being phased out by newer cars.

And these are the skirmish carts' successors. The combat pickup. Machine guns are cool, and pickup trucks are cool. Therefor, the sheer badassery of these machines have made them a formidible force. In addition, these are popular due to the simiplicity for independant survivors to build; just bolt a machine gun to a pickup truck!

Finally, the latest in Conglomerate technology, the Assault Artillery Platform. These beasts are armed with two dual-linked machine guns, and an artillery gun. One is in undefined colors, while the other is in standard Conglomerate green, and more will hopefully be in production soon.

So there's my army. It ain't as fancy as many of ya'll here, but I hope it's considered alright.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:43 pm

I think this looks like a fun army and the background gives it character.

Good Job. :D
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:33 am

DAMN! I had just made a squad of troopers using the GAM chests and i was gonna post um tomorrow but you beat me to it! Great work all around, i love the pickup trucks. great idea.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:14 am

Nice looking army, looks a fun style to play and the backgrounds great.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:28 am

Artillery thingies fit perfectly in the 'small but deadly' section, one I like :)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:05 am

Warhead wrote:Nice looking army, looks a fun style to play and the backgrounds great.

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:12 am

Great army, I love how you have the same design but with different colors, like the've been through battle and repaired a lot.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:12 am

This it a rather nice army, they seem rather able to hold their spot in a fight.
Nice choices of colours.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 am

Oh and I forgot. For those that can't see the awesomeness that is a machinegun bolted to the back of a pickup, Ill let this C&C: Generals GLA Technical Artwork enlighten you:

Damn right! 8)

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 am

Looks like terrorist propaganda.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:22 am

Bragallot wrote:Looks like terrorist propaganda.
:lol:

"Join the GLA! Avoid being blown up by US Comanches while shooting at ´em on your very own Technical!"

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Here's the newest vehicle for my army, the APC.

With four dual machine guns and an axial cannon, this APC fills more of a tank role for the Conglomerate. It's backside can carry four soldiers (Sort of), making it perfect for both heavy combat and rescue missions.

This is still a preliminary version. I'm considering changing the weapons a bit and giving the cannon some anti-air capability if possible.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:19 pm

awesome work.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:20 pm

The army indeed seemed to need a tank unit. its getting better dude, keep it up

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:02 am

Nice APC. 8) You now need an enemy to subjugate and a Battle Report to post up for us to enjoy.