BrikRPG?

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Is a BrikRPG a good idea?

Yes
32%
No
4%
Maybe
36%
Just vote here if you're a total jerk.
28%

Total votes: 25

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 am

Normally you would have to say my name 3 times, but I only see two.

Character Skills
Ass Stealth:
A defensive skill that protects a character from Butt Pirates and Butt Pirate Pilots.
It is also effective against a Shith that is wielding a Poosaber.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am

Ass stealth, I has it.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Nerava
Champion
Champion

Steeds

Post by Nerava » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Been a bit since I've been on this, and I think the steeds are a good idea, but I will probably just make it possible to purchase full out vehicles.

An archmage riding a tank would be cool.
"And in conclusion, I hate you all."

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Re: BrikRPG?

Post by Blitzen » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:50 pm

Nerava wrote:Trying to make a BrikWars / RPG mix. Any suggestions other than "don't" would be appreciated.If all you're going to do is yell at me, fine, but remember that that would artificially increase the apparent popularity of this forum.

And yes, I do like using excessively elaborate words.
Are you me?
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Nerava
Champion
Champion

Post by Nerava » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Blitzen wrote:
Nerava wrote:Trying to make a BrikWars / RPG mix. Any suggestions other than "don't" would be appreciated.If all you're going to do is yell at me, fine, but remember that that would artificially increase the apparent popularity of this forum.

And yes, I do like using excessively elaborate words.
Are you me?
I am not you, Blitzen. I am simply an ordinary intelligent person. I do not attempt to be anyone other than myself. I do not ever create multiple accounts on a single site to the point where I doubt my own identity. I do, however, have multiple identities on the internet, all of which are rather simple anagrams of each other.

Anyway, getting back on my original topic, I think I may have made the characters a tiny bit more powerful than I originally intended. Many of them will reach instant death attacks by the time that they reach 30th level. Among the features I think I may have made a bit overpowered are the following two Stealth traits:
  • Level 30: Death Attack – Instantly kill an enemy on 5-6 on a d6 roll. Only works when Sneaking. Usable every 3 turns.

Level 35: Legend: Assassin – Instantly kill target on 3-6 on d6 roll. Only works when Sneaking. Usable every 5 turns.
Sneaking is the base ability of the Stealth type, a state during which it is incredibly hard to notice the unit. Just letting you all know, most "Legend:" style abilities are extremely powerful, ranging from a no-penalty sniper shot to twenty times damage with 3d6 backlash.

Think I made these a bit overpowered? Please provide feedback.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Depends on how long it takes to get to lvl 30/35.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Nerava wrote:I do, however, have multiple identities on the internet, all of which are rather simple anagrams of each other.
Like "cheat hero?" "Thee roach?" "Race the ho?" "Ah! Oh! Erect!" Or maybe "ach, hetero!"

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:07 am

I do, however, have multiple identities on the internet, all of which are rather simple anagrams of each other.

All of my internet identities are simple TeddyGrahams of each other.
:pedo:

Nerava
Champion
Champion

Not sure yet.

Post by Nerava » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:17 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Depends on how long it takes to get to lvl 30/35.
I not entirely sure how quickly it will take for players to reach the upper levels, but I am estimating anywhere between about 30 million CP worth of kills and thirty some scenarios.(depending on how much the players try to cheat, XP could add up quickly. "Oh, look, civilians, decoration, and buildings. Those could be worth 300 some CP, so that makes...whatever. BOOM!")

Like one of my first posts commented, I really need help designing the experience system.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:05 am

I made a BrikWars RPG once, where you gained XP equal to the CP value of things you killed. I remember having rapidly increasing XP thresholds that made it impossible to level up after a while.

You could have a session-based system rather than a kill-based if you worry about the players blowing up everything they encounter. For example, at the end of the session you get:

1 XP for taking part
1 XP if you killed something during the session
1 XP if you wounded the dungeon boss (or whatever)
1 XP if you were the one to deal the killing blow to the boss
1 XP if you succeded with a noncombat action that needed a Skill test

So you can gain a maximum of 5 XP per session (It's probably best to keep this list secret). When you have XP equal to the next level, you can level up.

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 am

Arkbrik wrote:I made a BrikWars RPG once, where you gained XP equal to the CP value of things you killed. I remember having rapidly increasing XP thresholds that made it impossible to level up after a while.

You could have a session-based system rather than a kill-based if you worry about the players blowing up everything they encounter. For example, at the end of the session you get:

1 XP for taking part
1 XP if you killed something during the session
1 XP if you wounded the dungeon boss (or whatever)
1 XP if you were the one to deal the killing blow to the boss
1 XP if you succeded with a noncombat action that needed a Skill test

So you can gain a maximum of 5 XP per session (It's probably best to keep this list secret). When you have XP equal to the next level, you can level up.
Now thats a good System! all it needs is loot rules and you'll have win in a box.

I would reccomend:

1 monies for each exp you earn
1 monies for each stupendous feat you sucseed
1 moneis for everytime your actions make anoter player laugh.
and some other stuffs, i can't think of any more.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Re: Not sure yet.

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:33 am

Nerava wrote:
I not entirely sure how quickly it will take for players to reach the upper levels, but I am estimating anywhere between about 30 million CP worth of kills and thirty some scenarios.(depending on how much the players try to cheat, XP could add up quickly. "Oh, look, civilians, decoration, and buildings. Those could be worth 300 some CP, so that makes...whatever. BOOM!")

Like one of my first posts commented, I really need help designing the experience system.
To prevent this I would make a logical response system:

Yes you could kill that old lady selling apples and destroy her market stand for 8cp but then the whole village turns against you and form an angry mob, guards come after you and if you still survive you get a bounty on your head (other players could go after you to).
this makes it challenging and fun to be evil.

If you walk through a forest and start chopping down every tree you come by for 2cp, shure but then nature will turn against you and bears will attack you etc.

Help the old lady and her apples and maybe she throws in some extras, like a hot date together.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:17 pm

The original BWXP system (I forget which version it was in) had you earn dice that you could then spend to raise your stats. If you rolled higher than a stat, you could raise it by one. If not, then you lose that die.

So instead of increasingly-large XP requirements, you just got increasingly-tough die roll requirements as your stats got higher. I thought it was a good system, except that who plays BrikWars with the same characters often enough to bother with leveling them?

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Me. Every officer I've built could use that system.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Nerava
Champion
Champion

Re: Not sure yet.

Post by Nerava » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:25 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
Nerava wrote:

To prevent this I would make a logical response system:

Yes you could kill that old lady selling apples and destroy her market stand for 8cp but then the whole village turns against you and form an angry mob, guards come after you and if you still survive you get a bounty on your head (other players could go after you to).
this makes it challenging and fun to be evil.

If you walk through a forest and start chopping down every tree you come by for 2cp, shure but then nature will turn against you and bears will attack you etc.

Help the old lady and her apples and maybe she throws in some extras, like a hot date together.
I like this idea, I was considering a penalty system so killing temporary allies would cause permanent enemies, razing civilian areas would earn you Evil Points, causing occasional Vigilante groups to come after you, more if you have large numbers of evil points up to the point where superheroes come the beat the heck out of you for being so evil.

One thing I would like to point out is that this takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, so technology varies vastly, and there are some heavy radiation zones, which require protective suits (40 CP). They cost so much because cause they break the scenarios with little actual effort from the players.

Example situations that are possible in this world, as well as some alignment modifiers:
  • Situations:
    The party attacks a castle with mounted plasma turrets.
    The party is attacked by a knight in powered armour.
    The party is in trouble because they are fighting tanks with a bow and arrows.
    The tank is in trouble because said arrows have nuclear warheads.
    The party attacks a space station guarded by archers.

Alignment modifiers:
    If you light random huts on fire, you will gain Evil Points.
    If you put of huts random people lit on fire, you will gain Good Points.
    If you light random huts of fire AND put out the fire, you will net some Evil Points, and some Jerk Points.
    If you save the village from bandit attacks, you will gain Heroism Points
As you can see, anything can happen.