Depressing Literature

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:50 am

RunsWithLegos wrote:I just think every one here has a depressing life. thusly we are not as inclined to feel empathy for others.
I think just about everyone here has a computer, enough liberty and free time to sit around posting crap to a webforum where violence is viewed as an entertaining diversion rather than an omnipresent real-world threat, and probably enough economic freedom that they can own a lego or two without it meaning they have to go without food. I'm pretty sure you have to have a pretty sweet life just to be able to show up here in the first place.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:59 am

stubby wrote:
RunsWithLegos wrote:I just think every one here has a depressing life. thusly we are not as inclined to feel empathy for others.
I think just about everyone here has a computer, enough liberty and free time to sit around posting crap to a webforum where violence is viewed as an entertaining diversion rather than an omnipresent real-world threat, and probably enough economic freedom that they can own a lego or two without it meaning they have to go without food. I'm pretty sure you have to have a pretty sweet life just to be able to show up here in the first place.
Amen

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:49 am

stubby wrote:
:phil:

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Ahaha, looks like Runs is in that stage where he thinks his life sucks. I had that when I was 12, but two years later I realized I was just being a dumb little whineaboutit.

Runs, go take a trip to New Orleans. They weren't very wealthy in the first place, then they got flooded and torn apart by a hurricane, and five years later thing still aren't close to being back to normal.

Go whine to your other pre-pubescent friends about how many people are calling you guys stupid and how much homework you're getting or what your parents won't let you spend $50 on. We don't want to hear it.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:04 pm

stubby wrote:
I disagree. If you are occupied entirely with surviving until the next day you don't have time to consider the pointlessness of life. But if you start taking your continued existence for granted, life will soon seem very empty and without purpose.

Of course, whether it is worse to live on the edge of starvation or the edge of suicide is debatable.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:42 pm

aoffan23 wrote:Ahaha, looks like Runs is in that stage where he thinks his life sucks. I had that when I was 12, but two years later I realized I was just being a dumb little whineaboutit.

Runs, go take a trip to New Orleans. They weren't very wealthy in the first place, then they got flooded and torn apart by a hurricane, and five years later thing still aren't close to being back to normal.

Go whine to your other pre-pubescent friends about how many people are calling you guys stupid and how much homework you're getting or what your parents won't let you spend $50 on. We don't want to hear it.
wow. you delved way too deep into that. i was noting the fact that every one thought that the story was undepressing. i said nothing more.

sounds like you need to take a chill pill bro. seriously.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:43 pm

EDIT:damn double posts
Last edited by RunsWithLegos on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:54 pm

You'r double posting take a chill-pill man.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:00 pm

damn.