Dark elf stats

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Dark elf stats

Post by Killer Karetsu » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:11 pm

Well, simply stats that I'm making for different types of dark elf stats(warhammer-styled).
NOTE: the main reason of this topic was to inform of any cost mistakes and for useful help.
First off, here is the stats of an normal elf.
oh, and the costs are applied to the normal minifig-stats.
Elf
Cp: 6 cp
Skill:1d6+1 (1cp)
Armor: 1d6-1 (-1cp right?)
Movement: 6,sprint 1d6+1 (1cp)
Special rules:Overwhelming initiative(in my opinion it's only worth 1cp,thanks for Rev.Sylvanus for his special abilities, they're very useful)

So first I want to know if this is right, then more stats.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, taking a size 1, SL 0 creation from 1d6 to (1d6-1) is only a difference of 0.5 cp. For reference look up the pilot/rider stat cards; there, the reduction of Movement by 1" and armor by one point both account for 1cp. Since 1" of ground move = 0.5cp, then removing one point from SL 0 armor also = .5cp.

So, either I'd say just live with totals (since the elf looks balanced enough) or bump cp cost to 7 and add in another inch of move somewhere.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:55 pm

So, here is more.

Hydra-29 cp
Skill:1d6
Armour:1d10
Movement:2d6
Weapons: 6 heads(heavy weapons)=1d6+2, lethal tai(l two-handed)=2d6
Special rules: Regenerate heads(+3cp): In the start of every own turn roll a 1d6 for every head the hydra has lost: on roll of 5 or 6 the head is regenerated back-3cp
Too many minds:(-2cp) The hydra's heads constantly fight with each other, altough sometimes they all share the same thought. To repsent this, just like in the regenerating, roll a 1d6. NOTE: if only one head is left then everything is "normal" and no roll is required.
1=The head try to kill each other.
2=The heads try to kill closest being; be it ally, handler or enemy.
3=Skill and movement -2
4=Skill and movement -1
5=normal
6=+1

Handler-13cp
These dark elves direct the hydras to the battle; without the handlers the hydras would be much more uncontrollable.
Skill: 1d6+1
Armor:4
Movement:6 sprint +1
Weapons: Two handed
Special ablities: Overwhelming initiative, Side-step(these dark elves do have gained so profit from constantly dodging and avoiding the angry bites of the hydras)+2cp(thanks again Sylvanus)
Beastmasters: Can re-roll the hydras behaviour(if at least 3 inches from them) roll=but the new number must be accepted.(+1cp)

Here is a photo of the hydra I'm working on:
Last edited by Killer Karetsu on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:02 pm

2d6 Movement you could treat based on averages. the average roll for 2d6 is 7," and 7" can be bought for 3.5 CP. Round up or down to taste.

As far as the model goes, perhaps finding a way to integrate this onto the heads might make them look more like heads:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6125

Scottsamn
Cannon Fodder

Post by Scottsamn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:56 pm

I love the hydra, this seems like a really cool concept.
"I loved smoking that bastard"
-My mother, concerning an anoying squirle.
"I think his mate saw me. *BANG BANG BANG* Yes, yes he did."- The Sniper

Fulizer
Minifig

Post by Fulizer » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Scottsamn wrote:I love the hydra, this seems like a really Stolen concept.
Fix'd

anyway, good ideas, try testing them out on minifigs using a assortment of weapons, in general using a alternative to the basic minifig as the core of your army is a bad idea unless you test it sufficiently first.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:12 pm

in general using a alternative to the basic minifig as the core of your army is a bad idea unless you test it sufficiently first.
Maybe from a strategic standpoint, but certainly not from one of balance or flavor. Flavor just makes it better if you have enough innovative design to pull it off, and balance isn't an issue if the stats are properly costed.

That leaves strategy, which means either adapt, or just enjoy the brick-carnage.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:29 am

OK thanks for the comments guys.

Here is more.

Dark elf corsairs are masters of naval warfare and coastal raiding. They usually do the main raiding for the Dark elf Lords, but very often they also take part in bigger battles, and are normally deployed to ships or fighting in watery terrain as their sea-dragon cloaks as well as protect them also give them an ability to move faster in shallow water.
Corsair-11cp
Skill: 1d6, 1d6+2 with heavy and hand weapons(0.5 cp)
Armor:1d6(+1cp)
Movement:6 in shallow water and land(+1.5 cp), sprint 1d6+1
Special rules/abilities: Overwhelming initiative, Sea-dragon cloak: gives the wearer 1d6+1 extra armour armour to the place it is: If worn in back then against attacks coming from behind the wearer gains the extra armour, if worn in front the same BUT only a one one-handed weapon can be wielded and -2 skill penalty is applied to attacks.(+2cp)

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:40 am

Corsairs are probably over-costed. 9cp is probably what they should cost; 10cp if you are bent on being conservative or balanced.

Base: .5cp
Mind: 1cp
Movement: 3.5cp
Skill bonus: 1cp (would be 2 if you didn't restrict it)
Special #1: 1cp
Special #2: 2cp

Total: 9cp

Since they are pirates, they should get some neat treasure-finding ability, maybe instead of the overwhelming initiative. Something like:

Gold-lust (+1/+2cp): All corsairs w/in 12" of gold or valuables must immediately move to protect, secure, or steal them; the corsairs gain +1 to all rolls while protecting their booty.

The above is particularly funny when they fight against, say, an enemy hero who wears gold armor, or a fort they are seizing starts chucking gems over the walls to keep the pirates from advancing!