Lucien's Dragon-guard, revamped

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Lucien's Dragon-guard, revamped

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:57 am

In honor an upcoming brik-war with some friends of mine (their first, I might add), I've decided to show off the medieval forces I've been accumulating for a while. This will take a couple days before I can get everything uploaded.

Beginnings:
The Majistiks are an enigmatic bunch. Powerful as far as the brik-kind are concerned, but queer. Though I've only seen one, there are rumors that more are about, secretly traveling the intergalactic space lanes as peasant-travelers in blue, ultimately arriving at some technologically inferior planet to spread their wares, their skill, and their majicks. That is all a rumor, though. I'm not even sure what "intergalactic" means...I've never left my own shire...

We met him--the majistik--many years ago. Rapid dragons and non-descript canines ravaged our fields and left all of our wench-wives hiding in fear for their lives. Hell, all of us were scared. But then the majistik came, bearing his dragon-crests that seemed not only to bend the will of the green beasts but infused our own men with a ferocity never seen before. We welcomed him, yes, we welcomed him into our keeps and towers learning all we could from him. We are now ready for war, ready to combat the green-skins and undead which flare upon our borders. The majistik has made us warriors...[End Entry]

Alazar (magistik 7 incognito) arrives astride a royal griffin

The air about him crackles with a green light; anticipation is in his eyes. He has foreseen grave conflict for the realm of Sir Lucien.

He hastens to find Brando, one of his apprentices...

And Ludwig, the other

My sons, prepare yourselves. A great distress will soon descend upon the master of these lands, and he will require all of our aid to help him

Fortunately, Alazar had taught his pupils much via the arcane arts (and crafts). Brando was the more competent of the two; Ludwig's tactics tended to work only on the more n00b-ish foes.

Having secured the attention of his pupils, Alazar made haste to the side of Sir Lucien Sylvanus, dragon-slayer and regent of those parts.

"Ill tidings" quoth the regent. After standing long in thought, he decided it best to martial his forces for a council of war.

He would bear the ancient battle standard of his people, a standard imbued with great power over the mastery of dragon-kind.

Nor should it be said that Lucien himself was dependent on these majicks. He was a competent swordsman himself and well rehearsed in the art of strategic warfare.

The marshaling of the host had begun, and the vanguard of the Dragon Knights began to arrive...

And arrive they did, the Dragon Knights, elite fighting forces of Lucien's Dragon-Guard. After years of service to their lord facing scaly death continually, these warriors were hardier, stronger, more capable in close combat, and all-around more intimidating than any other of Lucien's units. Moreover, each of their shields had been specially enchanted by the Majistik to provide superior protection against elemental attacks of various kinds...

The new threat of war brought a wave of mercenary slayers into Lucien's camp. He would be grateful for their ferocity, if--as was the case--he hardly expected them to survive many battles [slayers units are merely stock minifigs].

Ahhh, the spearman corps, the backbone of Lucien's force. These were capable warriors, versed in defensive combat via shieldwall

...and there were many of them...

Though he did not prefer them for chivalric reasons, Lucien employed several bevies of longbowmen. Nothing fancy; bows and coifs to pin-down problematic battlefield quarters. As you can see, not every archer was thrilled at the prospect of heading to war...

...and here is why: archers do a piss-poor job at slaying dragons. Enter the ballistae. That's right, plural, manned by expendable peasant squads, Lucien saw these simple war machines as a means for softening more fearsome opponents

"Darius? Darius is that you?"

"M'lord, I have arrived! Grant me the honor of charging at the head of your knights!" Impetuous and pugnacious Darius, Lieutenant of the Dragon Knights. [and missing part of his barding, so I'm only giving you side-shots]

Marshaling complete! Look to the future for a brik war starring these bad boys a little after Thanksgiving, squaring off against--in all probability--some modern or futuristic forces my friends are cooking up
Last edited by Rev. Sylvanus on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lordofdragonss
Nice Dubs

Post by Lordofdragonss » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:51 am

This Griffin is amazing! I love how you made the beak!

And this guys are simply beautiful. Great combination of parts+ DA HAMMERS!
LORD OF KURVINIA KINGDOM

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:32 am

Looking superb so far!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 am

Great. I remember these guys. The griffon has not changed :)
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:14 am

I really like this!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 am

I like the griffin the best... and the horse armor... and everything.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:02 am

The beast is...beast!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 am

Griffin is absolutely awesome, very well built. Troops are cool to

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:59 am

Forces on the main post have been updated and are now complete

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Forces on the main post have been updated and are now complete
Hellz YEAH! Now thats a fantasy army! Ballistae are awesome

Candlejack
Hero

Post by Candlejack » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Needz moar dragons to fight.
"Nietzsche is dead. Nietzsche remains dead. No amount of philosophy or existentialism will fix this." -Anonymous

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Now with fully up it's beautiful! More fantasy stuff!

I also like your interpretation of the majistik, as I imagined them too as dimension-travellers :)
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Impressive and pretty realistic, even. Love the spiked shields - it was something I've been planning to do for some of my Falx squads as well (a Falx hero carried such a shield in my last battle). They look obscenely cool, better than anything I've been able to cook up yet. Especially the knights and bodyguards are top class. I'd fight these just to give 'em some worthy opposition rather than being torn apart by lasers soon, but distance is likely too much of an issue to arrange it : /

Lordofdragonss
Nice Dubs

Post by Lordofdragonss » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:00 pm

I demand a balista building instructions! They looks great!
LORD OF KURVINIA KINGDOM

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 pm

▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."