Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:17 am

I sense a disturbance in the farce....
And what's wrong with my idea?

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:15 pm

I can't believe nobody's made a "space sucks" joke yet.
Also, space sucks.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Also, mabye have it so whenever a minifig grabs onto something, you have an X amount of turns until it breaks and the minifig goes flying.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:51 am

Robot Monkey wrote:Also, mabye have it so whenever a minifig grabs onto something, you have an X amount of turns until it breaks and the minifig goes flying.
The minifig could have to make a skill check with the structure level of the object added as a bonus. Additionally, the object takes 1d6 damage each round.
So either the minifig will fail to hold on long enough, or the object breaks. Since the object takes damage over time, the minifig will have a harder time holding on if he's on there for too long.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:37 pm

Gungnir wrote:
Robot Monkey wrote:Also, mabye have it so whenever a minifig grabs onto something, you have an X amount of turns until it breaks and the minifig goes flying.
The minifig could have to make a skill check with the structure level of the object added as a bonus. Additionally, the object takes 1d6 damage each round.
So either the minifig will fail to hold on long enough, or the object breaks. Since the object takes damage over time, the minifig will have a harder time holding on if he's on there for too long.
great idea! Also, mabye we can applythe same rule with that to weapons. So even if a minifig can hold onto it long enough, eventually the weapon breaks. (except for weapons like OTC's and Nova Swords.)

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:04 pm

And moving in space suck to it's pretty hard, I say if a minifig has a space suit but no rocket pack, that he must do a skill check to propel himself with farts (5+ skill roll, 3" movement) and because this is space movement carries over to the next turn

Example: TURN 1: A lonesome drifting astronaut tries to fart and succeeds and is propelled 3"
TURN 2: he tries to fart again but fails, he keeps moving 3" though.
Turn 3:He tries to fart again and succeeds he now has a speed of 6".
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:13 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:And moving in space suck to it's pretty hard, I say if a minifig has a space suit but no rocket pack, that he must do a skill check to propel himself with farts (5+ skill roll, 3" movement) and because this is space movement carries over to the next turn

Example: TURN 1: A lonesome drifting astronaut tries to fart and succeeds and is propelled 3"
TURN 2: he tries to fart again but fails, he keeps moving 3" though.
Turn 3:He tries to fart again and succeeds he now has a speed of 6".
:wtc: I know this is brikwars, and brikwars is unrealistik, but how can you fart through a spacesuit?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:18 pm

Crotchless space suit? Perhaps some sort of fitted multi-directional valve. I'd go with the valve otherwise if he follows through the spaceman could aspirate on his on faecal matter and die horribly.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Warhead wrote:Crotchless space suit? Perhaps some sort of fitted multi-directional valve. I'd go with the valve otherwise if he follows through the spaceman could aspirate on his on faecal matter and die horribly.
that made my day, Warhead. And I think a jetpack is just a better idea in this case. If you have a spacesuit but no jetpack, and you're floating in space, tough luck.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Warhead wrote:Crotchless space suit?
I don't understand how this allows farting. Unless you have sort of strange condition where you expell gas out of your penis.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:13 pm

And now you know... Dammit, the horror, you made me look on the web for that!!! :evil:

All-Bricks United
Officer

Post by All-Bricks United » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:28 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:And moving in space suck to it's pretty hard, I say if a minifig has a space suit but no rocket pack, that he must do a skill check to propel himself...
... by throwing a held object in the opposite direction (SS13 physics for the win). The minifig moves a distance equal to 1/2 the skill check + the size of the throw object in the direction opposite he threw the weapon.

If the Skill result is a 1, he instead throws the object in a direction chosen by an enemy, and moves 1d6" in the opposite direction.

Either way, he keeps moving this speed, in the same direction, until he hits an object, or throw another object.
<a href="http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 3092">Join the ABU in our quest to overthrow the tyranny and racism that is rampant in our brick-world!</a>

Ex-Lep
Officer

Post by Ex-Lep » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:44 pm

and if he dies before either of those, you get a crotchless spaceman corpse floating around the battlefield.

only brikwars.
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.

All-Bricks United
Officer

Post by All-Bricks United » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:16 am

To write this up fully (the overly long and detailed way):

Special Terrain: (The Void of) Space
Difficulty 6
Effect: Deadly Terrain: Space terrain is potentially lethal, and should be avoided at all costs. When a unit without some sort of life support touches space terrain or starts its turn touching space terrain, it makes a Skill roll (Use 6). If it fails the roll, it takes one wound* automatically, or 1d6 wounds if the roll was a 1.
Special: Momentum: While touching space terrain, a unit without a Flight speed (with rockets, or otherwise usable in space) must move the same speed and direction that he did on his last turn. As an action, the unit can throw a held object in any direction and make a Skill roll. The unit moves that many inches in the opposite direction of the thrown object, or 1d6" in a direction chosen by an opponent if the roll is a 1.

Special Terrain: Vacuum (of Space)
Difficulty 6
Effect: Attractive Terrain: When a unit moves within 12" of a vacuum breach or starts its turn within 12" of a vacuum breach, it makes a Skill roll (Use 6). If it fails, the target is pulled 8 - the roll inches toward the vacuum breach.
Special: Grab on!: A unit with a free hand (or who drops whatever he was holding to make a free hand) can grab onto any object he can reach before he makes his Skill roll. If the object is larger than the unit, he gets +1 Skill for the roll. If the roll fails, the unit loses its grip on the object, or part of the object breaks off and flies with him if the roll is a 1.

* - To put it as simply as possible, a "wound" is equivalent to the unit taking damage greater than its Armor roll exactly once.
<a href="http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 3092">Join the ABU in our quest to overthrow the tyranny and racism that is rampant in our brick-world!</a>

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:25 am

Size damage easily substitutes for Wounds. Wounds are a WH40k thing, they have no place here( except for Heroes, where Hitpoints are also acceptable)

For momentum- less rolling= win

The figure throws an item according to the already existing rules. It moves however many inches the item is thrown in the opposite direction.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything