Explosive Decompression

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

All-Bricks United
Officer

Post by All-Bricks United » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 am

Keldoclock wrote:Size damage easily substitutes for Wounds. Wounds are a WH40k thing, they have no place here( except for Heroes, where Hitpoints are also acceptable)
"Wound" is an easy catch-all term to use for all of that.
For momentum- less rolling= win
The figure throws an item according to the already existing rules. It moves however many inches the item is thrown in the opposite direction.[/quote]
Same amount of rolling. Under the 2005 rules it would be, what? 1d6-1"? Under 2010, how would that work? It's now 3" (with the option to take "out of range" penalties) under the 2010 rules - so how would that work?
<a href="http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 3092">Join the ABU in our quest to overthrow the tyranny and racism that is rampant in our brick-world!</a>

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:21 am

you didn't say how grabbing on to something helps them not get sucked out. Good rules, perhaps to make it simple they get sucked out automatically UNLESS they grab something. And how far do they get sucked out into space?

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:25 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:you didn't say how grabbing on to something helps them not get sucked out. Good rules, perhaps to make it simple they get sucked out automatically UNLESS they grab something. And how far do they get sucked out into space?
let's say 6 inches per turn. As for grabbing onto something, the object must be within their normal move (even if they've already used it.).

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:04 pm

i say it depends on how close you are to the breach when you started getting sucked out. the furthr arway the further out in space.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:56 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:I say it depends on how close you are to the breach when you started getting sucked out. the furthr arway the further out in space.
Now explain how that would work. It should be the closer you are the farther you're launched.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Good news everyone, io9 just posted this:

http://io9.com/5709637/what-would-reall ... -to-vacuum

Not that the "realistic" answer really matters for our purposes, I just thought it was funny that they posted this today.

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:31 am

10 seconds in vaccum, half that in explosive decompression.

And with the rules, they can't just grab something within their movement, they have to bail or grab something nearby.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:31 pm

ForlornCreature wrote:10 seconds in vaccum, half that in explosive decompression.

And with the rules, they can't just grab something within their movement, they have to bail or grab something nearby.
Or, if nothing's within movement range, if they have a melee weapon, they can attempt to stick it in the floor.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Robot Monkey wrote:
ForlornCreature wrote:10 seconds in vaccum, half that in explosive decompression.

Or, if nothing's within movement range, if they have a melee weapon, they can attempt to stick it in the floor.
That'll cut the ship in half with some weapons.
good point. Sticking melee weapons that are not OMGhuge or OMGpowerful in the floor will work though.

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:02 am

Grabbing something within their movement seems too far, maybe within 1 inch (or more if they bail)

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 am

The question is how much time a turn is in the Brikwars universe.
This is a very hard question as some times a minifig can kill an Oger defuse a bomb and make a cup of coffe in one turn, but often all a minifg can do in a turn is take a few steps.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Simplified: Just make an instant Bail or Fail. Roll a D6, if a 6 is rolled then the Mini-Fig manages to hold on and get to safety (another room or into a space suit etc) in the time allowed before death. If not then it's just another corpse.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Explosive Decompression

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:52 am

Okay, here's an idea. Whenever a minifig is exposed to the vacuum of space, every minifig and loose object in the room is subject to the pull of the hole. Since Heroes and Officers are more likely to hold on totally awesomely, all objects and minifigs immediately roll their skill vs. 1d6, and 2d6 if they lack a space suit. Objects with no skill are immediately ejected into the void as appropriate, and all minifigs are pulled out as well. Those without space suits immediately die, and those that roll 1s rupture and lose their body parts. They may be rescued by medics in other ships, who would attempt to revive them as normal.

Velocities should be decided arbitrarily (1d6" works fine), and use WISG rolls for seeing if specific minifigs could grab onto railings, ledges, or other objects along the way successfully.

Unlimited Overkill
Nice Dubs

Re:

Post by Unlimited Overkill » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Warhead wrote:Simplified: Just make an instant Bail or Fail. Roll a D6, if a 6 is rolled then the Mini-Fig manages to hold on and get to safety (another room or into a space suit etc) in the time allowed before death. If not then it's just another corpse.
I second this.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Re: Explosive Decompression

Post by mgb519 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Simpler idea: rocks fall, everyone dies.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.