Load Of Bull - messing with the Bull Nation

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Warhead
kaka pants

Load Of Bull - messing with the Bull Nation

Post by Warhead » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Brag's excellent Bull Nation has been buzzing in the back of my mind lately trying to gain my attention so they can be represented in my forum battles. While there is a very fine standing army for fantasy battles I wanted to see what could be done for a Futuristic look for the Bull Nation. Here is my first attempt, it's a bit fiddly but I liked the look. If anyone else wants to have a go, please, I could use the help and advice so get posting.

I've still to get any Bull torso assemblies, they cost 50 pence each but aren't in the quantity I'm looking for yet. I used the same jetpack idea as my Immortal Army Trouble-shooters and combined it with one of the gas-mask-ish ideas I'd been messing about with. The horns and the visor are fiddly and I spent ten minuets finding one of the horns after it pinged off on assembly. I thought the halberds too long for space battles in ships and such and thought a laseraxe a far more fitting future weapon.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:23 pm

I love the axe. It is just crazy good.

For some reason the binocs on the chest seem out of place though.

Overall, I think it looks good. 8)
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:26 pm

Everythings great, but to be honest, I wouldn't have ever thought of the Bulls if you hadn't said it. This guy looks more like some sort of a devil, and would look better elsewhere. I'd always thought of the Bulls as having a brown color scheme, maybe that would evoke them better?
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:45 pm

All my ideas up until now revolved around having to switch as little parts in and out for making them space-able, but seeing this made me slightly more inspired.

*warning: incoming brainstorm session*

The helmet idea is excellent, those horns would probably work better than the standard ones. The gun and jetpack are excellent too to get the heavy look down, perhaps if you could put additional horns on the jetpack that could look deadly. Basically if you can get the Bull faces, torso's and swap out some of the grey parts for black ones (I'll be doing this when I rework my own after the forum battle is over as well) as well as take the binoculars and neck bracket off so it doesn't interfere with the chest logo I think you should have a nice troop design, but I trust in your ability to think up awesome. Or you could keep the neck bracket (helps to make them look badass tall and armoured) and don't bother getting the torsos. How about sticking a horn or a disc on it? Or both if it's possible? Down-or up-facing horns on the chest? Just making up stuff in my mind here, I can only reach my Lego in the weekends so you'll have to check for yourself if it looks like it's worth anything ;)

If you want to get more analogy with the fantasy army well, their shields probably wouldn't work anymore but round shields could do the job of taking the place of the Phalanx. Or their shields may still work, dunno really. The axes are great!

I'll be looking forward to seeing this evolve.

Icon hardsuits, anyone? 8)
Last edited by Bragallot on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 pm

I haven't any Bull Horns yet either so I'm still improvising so far.

There are a few simpler ideas, the normal Bull Helmet fits when used with the one cylinder airtank backpack and you can still use a torso bracket if you want, to show some armour. I'd love to have some spiked shoulder pads for these too, and the grinning mad cannibal head would suit too.

Bull Icon Battle Suits! You evuul genius bastard! :D

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Anything vor Vor!

The idea got to me when I was drawing out (yes, I once resorted to that when I suddenly felt inspired but couldn't get to my Legos ;)) some designs, including a design for a more medium-sized greater icon. Since things I build tend to end up bigger than I originally planned that might not be a bad thing, though.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:12 pm

I had the idea of a totally clear blue axe in my mind as a spirit cleaver for an einherjaresque dwarf design.

I love to see how awesomely it works in reality, but then again I jelly.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:23 pm

I'll probably give this a shot. Ideas are already popping up...
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:46 am

Sort of Babylon 5 style but yeah.

You could also use the werewolf faces for this mini and brown arms with grey or black hands, legs (with grey or black hips and a bull torso. That would give the Bulls a very genetically modified alien Minotaur look.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:35 am

Weapons are great, maybe some vicious bayonet attachments for the gun could be a good CC alternative, but the trans axe is simply sick awesome! Maybe some work could be done on the helmet with Lego mutilating, but I really don't see any other helmet that has holes for horns but the standard viking helmet. I think something more classy or medieval-ish could also be done to its armor...

DarthBrik
Cannon Fodder

Post by DarthBrik » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:53 am

its so festive!!!

Cool build btw.
-DarthBrik
-Defcon, Coperal

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:01 pm

Could we get a clearer pic of the structure of the jetpack please?