Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us (Round 8) + Epilogue

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us (Round 8) + Epilogue

Post by Bragallot » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:17 am

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6016

Round 8

Rebels - Moronstudios

There was no warning, no nothing, just a sudden soundless explosion of black energy that washed over half of the battlefield as the rebel's creatures were pulled back into their master's world.

In this final act of malice the Boar God sought nothing but revenge. (3d6 damage rolled separately to every fig caught in the blast at the cost of the Boar God's creatures disappearing, I thought it fair)

3d6 damage is a lot. Marnix was the only survivor, the roll having equalled his armour. The tale of his survival would be an inspiration for other Bulls to believe in their own power.

Xalen - Silverdream

*cough* *cough* Xalen, who was near to death from the blast, crawled over to Valarius' corpse and with his last power, tore his heart from his chest. He then did something almost no one had seen him do before: he took off his mask! (Technically Xalen was killed, but only by 1 point of damage and his horse was killed, so he got 1 chance at redemption. A succesful heroic feat, or he was a goner.)

I always roll black dice for Xalen. He seemed to have saved the best for the last, and because of the nature of the roll, I figured I had to make something cool happen now.

Having devoured Valarius' heart whole, Xalen got up, suddenly feeling a new, dark power flowing through him and closing his wounds...

Unnatural flames burst out around him, and the dark warrior looked about himself, slightly puzzled...

Then he figured out he wasn't going to burn, he was merely basking in his newfound power!

"This is good..."

Paying the few remaining Bull Loyalists no heed, Xalen flew off... He had become one of the most powerful warriors in the world as he knew it.

Final Kill Chart

Loyalists - 18
Rebels - 22 (and 2 of their own guys)
Xalen - 5
Purple Mages - 4

Epilogue

In times of war, the King spent a lot of time in his war room, where he received reports from his generals and sent back orders, communicating with them through messengers. Though it was midnight and he couldn't reasonably expect a report anymore, he was still up.

Suddenly, he spoke.

"Guards, leave me."

"Yes, my lord."

The guards had only just left when the doors suddenly swung open.

"Your enemies have been destroyed, my King."

"Welcome back, lord Xalen. You appear... changed somehow."

"Do I?"

"I see. Consumed the Divine power bestowed on Valarius, have you?"

"I suppose that's one way to put it."

"And now you seek to use your newfound power to overthrow me and seize control of my Kingdom?"

"I must admit... The thought just crossed my mind. But governing a Kingdom from a seat seems like an extremely dull job to me. I prefer to be on the frontlines. So far working for you has been satisfying. I like your style. Besides, I have a vendetta to settle with one, no, many of your enemies."

"So I see."

"What is to become of the remaining rebels? Shall I make a bloody example of them?"

"In times of peace, I would have, but these are times of war, and I have enough enemies already. Putting their backs against the wall will reunite them again, and it's not certain the other Bulls would agree. General Marnix has proven his worth. I will not ask more of him right now than to hold his territories and reunite his people. Since I understand this is all that obscure Boar God's doing, I will grant them freedom of religion despite what happened. That way, they won't have a reason to raise arms against us again. Besides, I don't suppose anyone would be eager to lead another rebellion?"

"After what I did to Valarius, I think not."

"Fine then. What would you have as a reward?"

"Let me kill some more."

"Alright. Henceforth, you'll be free to do as you please in this conflict."

"We're all that remains, Lord Marnix."

"This is a black day for the Bull kind. However, I have lead us this far, I will not turn back now! Our victory here will bring back unity to our side, no doubt many warriors will see that, while this situation is not ideal, it is an improvement from where we started out and we won't be able to carve our freedom by relentlessly swinging our axes at everything around us like wild animals would! I will reforge our people into a whole that will pull through this war as one."

So that's that. No fudge involved except for granting Xalen a chance to stay alive (which I still rolled for and was influenced by the dice as well), I just go by the dice to determine my story. Well played everyone.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:07 am

Great forum battle I loved the surprise ending and yea I finally won one!
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:14 am

Yes, this as a nice battle. Well done Bragallot.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:56 am

Even though I'm a firm believer in the old ways of the Bull Nation I like the story outcome and as always look forward to seeing more.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:22 am

Very nice conclusion!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:24 am

Shall the next one come soon?
Nice kinstrife it was.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:11 am

Looks like my last plan worked to some degree, except for Xalen surviving....
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:29 am

Killer Karetsu wrote:Shall the next one come soon?
Nice kinstrife it was.
The next one will take a 'little' more preparation and I also have to study, so we'll see.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:18 pm

Ah, I didn't kick ass in the last round. Oh well. An exceedingly enjoyable battle, my friend.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Silverdream wrote:Another Forum Battle won! And I made Xalen come out stronger than before.
:twss:

Marvelous