Idea: Doh Wars

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

garold
Battlefield General

Idea: Doh Wars

Post by garold » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:42 pm

How about a play-doh wargame? Buy or make a whole bunch of play-doh in the same color, then make armies of little units. When one unit defeats another, it incorporates the doh from the defeated unit and grows larger. Eventually you have giant doh beings duking it out.

You could incorporate random plastic bits, marbles, whatever, to make the doh warriors more interesting and perhaps to give them unique abilities.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 am

I'm still in rehab after I ate all my play-doh and now you come on here and remind me, you heartless bastard!

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 am

This is win. We should make a rulebook, and I'll be happy to contribute.

Problem is, the rulebook would be like 2 pages, since Play-Doh is even more versatile and fudgeable than Lego.

We would also need to incorporate the numerous playsets, contraptions, etc. Like the spaghetti-hair people, or the mini pizza maker things.

Oh god, now you've got me all excited, now I'll never get to sleep. :?
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 am

I loved play-doh.

That was until I always mixed all of my coloured ones and I was left with a sickening greenish coloured mound of clay.

EVERY

SINGLE

TIME.

It had a huge effect on my childhood.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:48 am

I had an idea similar to this a while ago. The whole thing was I would have a gray (used to be glow in the dark, but got mixed with other colors) chunk of Silly Putty, and it would be a monster (possibly a Secret Faction) In a battle. It's whole attack base would be whatever weapons it could make, and I would stat them on the spot. Also, it would absorb minifigs and hold them captive, or absorb bricks and/or weapons and use them to fight.

Anyway, I support your idea.

RJ
Galidor
Galidor

Post by RJ » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:10 pm

If we were to make a rulebook, we need stats for different sizes. People start off with one clump of play-doh. That overrules CP, since you actually make the things with physical cost. You can blow it all on some sort of Cheese Moon, a couple of were-rabbits or a load of penguins.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?