Squidhead Raider

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Squidhead Raider

Post by Swordsalmon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:21 am

As usual, Jim the Pirate was having an adventure. He's camping next to this convenient chest.

Unfortunately for him, a mysterious machine looms above him...

"Arr!" I be thinking I be screwed!"

The Squidhead Raider (Current WIP name), is a spacecraft designed by top Seeworld designers to be able to support the zambeh hordes by space. At 34 studs long and with a crew of three, the Raider is certainly no SHIP. However, it still is both agile and tough- perfect for both combat in space and in atmospheric support.

As you can see, it is adorned with a green squidhead top, presumably to intimidate those who are unfazed by zombies (Aren't we all?). The Raider is armed with two dual-linked cannons and a light turret.

Views of its side plates. These are detachable for easy improvements, and carry the main cannons.

View of the back and engines. As you can see, the engines are way to small right now, and will be improved.

Interior shot. It contains the main energy source and enough room to contain three minifigs.

Here, the Squid Overlord reviews the ship to a subordinate Squidhead.

The Squidhead Raider was made primarily out of the Midi Star Destroyer, and is currently a WIP. This is my first serious foray into space building. I hope ya'll like the current progress. ^_^
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:46 am

It slightly looks like a well built junk ship, with unmatching stuff. Still pretty cool :)

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:50 am

Yeah, it's cool, and a little cute. Nice Ship. 8)

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Run Jim run run as fast as your drunken crippled body can take you.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:17 am

Jim is going to die. Horribly. As usual. ^_^ Anyways, I just finished some improvements on the ship. I streamlined the front.

And the back has been changed quite a bit, mainly to accomodate the new engines.

It's pretty much finished at this point. I might have to dissasemble the main deck to make its wings align identically, but it might not be worth the time. ^_^
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:14 am

The front is still doofy-looking for me, but the engines are quite nice.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:14 am

Zahru II wrote:The front is still doofy-looking for me, but the engines are quite nice.
Yeah, they look powerful yet, vulnerable.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Any suggestions of how to improve the front? I've been looking at it again, and I'm also not liking it much.

Also, I might end of making a lower deck. Turn this thing into a mini-SHIP or something. ^_^

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Swordsalmon wrote:Any suggestions of how to improve the front? I've been looking at it again, and I'm also not liking it much.

Also, I might end of making a lower deck. Turn this thing into a mini-SHIP or something. ^_^
Well, try pushing the bridge to the front, or at least make it bulkier. Another good alternative would be putting a bigger turret in the middle and not just a small one