Praetorian Vehicles (Tank Quad-Bikes and assault Jeep)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Praetorian Vehicles (Tank Quad-Bikes and assault Jeep)

Post by dilanski » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:24 pm

At the moment I'm trying to re-do my praetorian army (like I'm always doing) essentially I want to go back to before I ripped everything apart to create a smaller rogue group, back to a full stellar kingdom (empire's have become over-used) I'll post Infantry when I'm finished with them but for know I have a couple of vehicles to show.

This is my Cougar Quad-Bike. it was based of the one that came in the space police galactic enforcer set only a LOT beefier. It has no weapons of its own so the driver will use a side-arm drive-by style.

The back with the 'spoiler' on.

The bottom showing roughly how it's made, it uses a special stretched Z shape piece however it could be done using panes and a a 1*2 brick.

I have two, Might be able to make another one if I spent hours hunting for bricks.

Moving on I have my nameless assault jeep. originally meant to be a powered up dune buggy with an anti-Armour turret, it evolved to this. it has twin linked Gatling guns and Mk2 flick-fire missiles.

Rear of the vehicle you can just make out the exhausts.

It can hold 4 troops plus a driver, not meant to be a dedicated transport, just a recon/cavalry vehicle, but having 4 extra guns can be handy.

Here it is carrying some weapons, mostly BA's

Now this is my V2 Zephyr heavy battle tank you've seen before, this one has been lengthened by about 4 studs, the turret is the same except for getting rid of the two domes and having a twin-linked plasma shotgun.

Some of the most noticeable features of this tank are the increased armour on the track and being raised so the passengers asses aren't kissing the tarmac as well as letting it drive over 2 brick high walls instead of having to go around. This tank won't be around for long, I have a few ideas in mind for a V3 with troop transport capacity and other features, I'm also going to change the turret a bit on the V3.

Comments?
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Badass.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:36 pm

I really like the jeep in particular. All the vehicles are real good. :)
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 pm

▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:59 pm

Natalya wrote:NSoA
Woop! Woop!

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

The quads arent bad, but could use some customization

I really like the assault jeep, yet you could mount the miniguns on a small tunable turret, otherwise they would only be useful in a frontal attack. It also has a nice back, very useful.

I see the Zephyr now has <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of space inside, planning on filling it up?

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm

BFenix wrote:The quads arent bad, but could use some customization

I really like the assault jeep, yet you could mount the miniguns on a small tunable turret, otherwise they would only be useful in a frontal attack. It also has a nice back, very useful.

I see the Zephyr now has <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'><a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a></a> of space inside, planning on filling it up?
How so with customizing the quad's they're pretty different from the original

I thought of adding a turret on the jeep but it wouldn't look good and be imbalanced, plus there isn't enough room for much tilting.

the space at the back of the zephyr is actually for mini-figs to enter from the turret with the hatch open. the V3 will have a fully new body and turret so i don't need to bother filling the space.

HAL-9001
Officer

Post by HAL-9001 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Loving the SNOT on the tank (gives it a great sloped-armor look), and that jeep is way cool. Heck, even the quads are nifty.

The only thing I would like to see is a little better focus on those pictures -- since your models cover a lot of depth, the parts close to and far away from the camera are fuzzy, while the middle part is crystal-clear. It's just a little distracting; if there's not a quick way to fix it, don't sweat it.
Heuristic ALgorithmic AFOL.
T6281: Solar Federation (Rules T6588)
T6777: Dungan Swarm
T6783: Space Pirates
T7349: BrikWars Vehicle Datasheet
T7402: Imperium Constructor

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:48 pm

HAL-9001 wrote:The only thing I would like to see is a little better focus on those pictures -- since your models cover a lot of depth, the parts close to and far away from the camera are fuzzy, while the middle part is crystal-clear. It's just a little distracting; if there's not a quick way to fix it, don't sweat it.
When I've finished with the infantry I'll do a load of photo's with everything on a 'set' that should stop the camera focusing on the background.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:54 pm

I like the quad. Nice lines.

Make a couple more and use them as "fast assault" unit. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm

I really like them all but they're still very sterile and that takes something from them.

MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Post by MasterEcabob » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:15 pm

I literally did a double take at that jeep. That thing is freaking amazing!

The tank is pretty sweet, although a more SNOTy look for the tread covers would be nice. But you said you would be working on that in V3, so no problem there.

I would agree with Warhead that these need some more color. These guys would look good on Iceworld, but are screwed on non snow planets.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:18 pm

I do like the style and detail you've put in here. The back of the tank and it's turret are amazing.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:12 am

Warhead wrote:I really like them all but they're still very sterile and that takes something from them.
What would you do to amend that?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 am

I was wondering that one myself. We'll, you've done a great job on the Armoured Car and it looks just right but there are some bit's of the tank that need something. Greebles (chains and vents and stuff) on the sides and front of the tank, maybe? It might help break up all that lovely clean white and grey. You could stopper the back of the tanks missile launcher with a 2x2 plate so it doesn't look empty from the back.
Greebling is something I've had a look at but haven't managed to replicate well yet, except in that bombed out factory of mine, maybe. The interior could use some compartments instead of one long narrow room and some greeble details, even though you can't see them it still adds to the model.