Some Paladins of the Space Variation.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Some Paladins of the Space Variation.

Postby Rocket_Saint » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:47 pm

Figured it be about time I submit some of my many factions in progress since I've been on the sight awhile and produced barely anything.

These are some of my Paladins that have been featured in The Battle of Browntable(Feel free to find the link for the report below).

I got the idea for the faction by reading the wiki when I was first reading into the game about three years ago, The idea of Space Templars seemed intriguing to me so by the time I gathered Das Raver, Junkman and Harrismander to play our first game which we recorded, I brought in my Paladins as a bonus NPC force to help defend the locals of the village which the battle took place. (Not the best effort on their part, but ey four people took turns playing them)

The Trooper units in the back are armed with two types of common polearms found in their ranks. A Chain Spear and a Launchable-Rocket polearm of my own design.

The three in the front from Left to Right are An officer Paladin armed with a long sword, The Hero of my Divison of the Galatic Paladin order only known as One-Arm with his trusty Black Axe. And the man wearing the Red cape is One-Arm's Trusted Healer armed with a Power Hammer, a weapon only given to the Order's Battle Clerics.

The Exalted Hand Mech are a standard in The Galactic Holy Order's Military. Only known model the paladins use based from the only record of One-Arm's Division of the paladin activity. Armed with Massive power sword and a braced shield.

Battle of Brown Table:
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5270

More to come along with a proper history for these mini- faction of mine.
Speaking of which, here is a sneak preview of my newest project for a new faction I plan to work on. Let's just say I'am making this faction in hopes for having a respected and known name like The Vol, The Immortals, Etc...The Big Players out there, basically.

TROLOLO
Rocket_Saint
Nice Dubs

Postby MasterEcabob » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:11 pm

No offense, but you aren't likely to get your army recognized by just sticking capes and helmets on Clone Troopers.

That said, you did a fine job here, and they seem fairly organized and the concept is interesting as well; but what makes armies memorable comes down to a single factor:

THE COOL FACTOR
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby SnakeMittens » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Sorry, but those are not going to get you recognized. I've built way cooler stuff than that, but I'm not a famous forum member.
Example:

Edit: My pics are better, too.
SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Postby Rocket_Saint » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:01 am

Fair enough. I'll keep that noted for future posting.
TROLOLO
Rocket_Saint
Nice Dubs

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 am

Not what I think of when I think of space pallies.
Paladin to me means either Image

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBDkPZff ... re=related[/img]
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Postby Rocket_Saint » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:13 am

Yeah, I used what I had being trooper sets.
I did try to give the Healer a war hammer though, so far after this forum failure I feel like I need to seriously work on my stuff.

Edit: Thanks for the help everyone.
TROLOLO
Rocket_Saint
Nice Dubs

Postby Rocket_Saint » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 am

That is what the rocket spears are for I got the idea from the Samurai Jack episode with the Spartans.

Edit: Yet I do agree with you there, perhaps if I manage to expand on them I'll add some decent dakka.
TROLOLO
Rocket_Saint
Nice Dubs

Postby Craigallot » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:42 am

Jeez, what's with all this clone trooper hate. I agree anything made from them usually looks pretty generic but if you do have some you gotta use 'em, and I think he did a pretty good job. Though for expanding, yeah it'd be best to come up with a new troop design. If you don't want to go with a colour scheme have different colours for other types of troops and some kind of uniform look, that would be awesome.

Edit: And what's this stuff about 'getting recognized' or 'being famous' about anyway?
Last edited by Craigallot on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Postby fredde » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:43 am

I agree that the soldiers can seem a bit generic but they look nice with them rebel helmets!
I like the mech especially the head area but it seem to have a potbelly :D
The blue guys could propably use some castle helmets in order for them to lose their cloneguard dude with a cape look.
however you have an interesting idea for a faction keep going!
also your photos could use a bit more light that would make the sharper.
Natalya wrote:Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.
fredde
Cannon Fodder

Postby Paco » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:51 am

SnakeMittens wrote:Sorry, but those are not going to get you recognized. I've built way cooler stuff than that, but I'm not a famous forum member.
My pics are better, too.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SmallNameBigEgo
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.

Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?
Paco
Dimmy

Postby fredde » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 am

touche.
Natalya wrote:Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.
fredde
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ross_Varn » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 am

fredde wrote:somethingsomethingsomething

Go look at this guy's stuff. What were you saying about being new and not being good at it?
Ross_Varn
Pooplord

Postby feuer_faust » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 am

I think your dudes look fine, in particular the custom weaponry (and in even more particular that hammer). Don't stop making them (or worse, make weird changes to them) because some internet people said that they aren't cool. "Just adding X accessory to Y minifig" is more or less exactly how this sort of thing works, or you could say "that tank is cool, but you really just stacked bricks on top of each other."

Keep up the paladin-ing in space. :)
It's a secret to everybody.
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Postby Natalya » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 am

Everyone shut the fuck up.

@ Rocket_Saint:
A lot of people on here start off by making their heroes or boss dudes or whatever, but the thing is an army is really actually 99% generic normal guys who have nothing special about them.  But, instead of being boring, it works the other way; the only thing better than something badass is a bunch of exact copies of said badass thing.  This way the badassness multiplies and instead of having an otherwise unremarkable soldier, you get yourself a squad which is cooler in every way possible.

But uhh, the key to an awesome squad in Brik Wars is having a bunch of guys (10 is a good number) who are exactly the same with the exact same weapons.  The Star Wars laser blaster rifle is pretty good as a uniform squad weapon, but it doesn't have to be that; it can be anything as long as they're all relatively simple and exactly the same.  Some tips for squads:

- Don't use exact copies of SW units.  It can be easy to break this rule (and I have myself), but try not to.  Instead, it's okay to use like parts from SW people, but make them not exactly the same.  Maybe storm trooper bodies but normal roundish space helmets and oxygen tanks, you see what I'm saying?

- A maximum of three people in a squad can be slightly different.  Usually like, a sergeant, and maybe two guys with special weapons while the other 7 get normal ones.  The 7 who are not special should look EXACTLY the same except for their heads can be different if appropriate.  Now, if you want a more rugged army, then yeah fine make them less regular -- more special weapons, maybe some have different helmets or whatever, but a strong star empire will probably have huge numbers of bland generic soldiers who all look the exact same and have the exact same weapons.

- Take better pictures.  You should really try to take only super good pics.  There's a thread about it too.

- Stay away from Bionicle.

- A back-story (even if not awesome) is automatically awesome and makes your army cool.  Just make some shit up.  It doesn't even have to be that creative; if it's consistent then people will learn who your guys are and what to expect from them.  Assyrians?  Generic star empire, emphasis on laser technology.  Vol?  Norse berzerker space death raiders.  Immortals?  I don't fucking know.  That's why I don't like the Immortals.  All I got from them is that they're technologically advanced, but they seem too god-like for me to respect them.  They're popular because Warhead makes some units (like the Terrorkhan) look cool and have cool names and he takes good pics and posts a lot of stuff about them, but I'm not really a fan of their story...  That may just be me though.  Umm, AN by freddie...  They're cool because no one else has a half-robot army with as many creations as the AN.  Also their units have some similarities which makes them look coherent.

@ Snake:
You aren't well-known because you only made a few threads.  Keep posting your stuff, keep working on your back-story, and you too will be awesome one day.  It also helps if you get an avatar of a person or minifig or a symbol.  The snake one you have isn't very good at catching the reader's eye.  Look at mine for example.  No one here knows that's Golden Queen Galaxia sitting on her throne being a total bitch about to wreck Sailor Moon's shit, but she has a face and there are bold colours that catch your eye.  My previous one:

Everyone reconized that because she's looking right at you.  Maybe you never saw PGSM (Live-Action Sailor Moon) but Venus here still sticks out even if you don't know who she is because she's making eye contact with you and has some definite colour stuff going on.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."
Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby Warhead » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:37 am

Natalya wrote:Immortals?  I don't fucking know.  That's why I don't like the Immortals.  All I got from them is that they're technologically advanced, but they seem too god-like for me to respect them.  They're popular because Warhead makes some units (like the Terrorkhan) look cool and have cool names and he takes good pics and posts a lot of stuff about them, but I'm not really a fan of their story...  

Ah-hahahahahaha!  :D  Ooooh, the drama.
Warhead
kaka pants

Next

Return to The Armoury