Karetsu - Background and stuff

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Karetsu - Background and stuff

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Mainly stuff.

+++STORY MODE+++

"Once more you approach to your arms and armor, the ones which have brought much death and destruction upon the world."

"The armor you wore when you slew your enemies, innocent or not..."
"Those days are gone. I regret my sins."

"Sins they may have been, but very profitable ones...those times brought you glory, power and wealth of infite amount."
"That glory, power and wealth was all treachery of yours! You tried to lure me to form a pact with undivine powers! But those days are over."

"Are they? If you will wear that armor once more in my name, I shall remake the power you once held!"
"I shall wield this armor, but not to your pleasure but to help and serve the people who I have betrayed and sinned against."

"Ah, those people were just walking power cells, ready to be gathered and used - they have no other purpose."

"Or did you regret when you killed those thousands of innocent ones?"

"Even your own family?"

"That's enough!"

*CLANCK"

*Thud*

Spartian mk.666:"Sir? Are you allright?"
Karetsu:"I'm fine, thank you. And sorry."

Karetsu:"What were you going to say?"
Spartian:"The representative of the immortals is here."

Karetsu:"Ok. Act politively."
Spartian:"Done."

Karetsu:"I shall come soon after you. Let's hope I'll wont need this armour..."

"Do you?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambassador:"Where is your leader! We have waited for a while now!"
Spartian:"Cool down. He's coming already."

Karetsu:"Greetings. The ambassador of the immortals, I presume? I'm Karetsu."
Ambassador:"Yes, I know your name. We were investigating this solar system and from the information gathered the only livable planet was this one, Tikoskum, and we went to investigate."

Karetsu:So why are you here in my camp?"
Ambassador:"Because you seemed the only one to have armed forces at command in this planet. I would want to hear more and ask some questions."
Karetsu:"Shall we make a little tour?
Ambassador:"Splendid."

Martian guard:"Jäämmekö tänne, herra?"
Karetsu:"Yes, I wont need you with me now. Hopefully."
Martian guard:"Selvä."

Spartian:"Ladies first."

Ambassador:"You must have heard of the immortal empire, haven't you? Of their might and number of allies? We are eagerly finding new planets to introduce to our grand empire. Would you be one of those?"
Karetsu:"Yes, I have heard of this new but very powerful empire, but I wouldn't want to make alliance with anyone of which I'm not sure of."
Ambassador:"We wouldn't want to do that too. That is why we are "testing" factions to see if they are good enough for us. I was sent to do this task on this planet."
Karetsu:So, what fulfills your criteria?"

Ambassador: Army capabilities or at least trading goods, unending loyalty, ferocity against the immortals enemies and we respect a faction which is cabable of maintaining itself, with no rebellions. You seem to have your peoples trust."
Engineer:"G'day sir."
Karetsu: "I have paid them well. I do have an armed force and these men and women working here are all just hired from this and nearby planets, only my soldiers travel with me."
Ambassador:"Ah, that doesn't bother. As long as you are capable of military operations."

Karetsu:"I personally don't like...excuse me, we are going through a tight spot here."
Ambassador:"Tight spots, indeed..."

Karetsu:"Where was I...ah now I remember. I don't personally like warfaring, I've had enough of bloodshed for ten human lives."
Ambassador:"Still you seem to train new recruits to your force."
Karetsu:"Oh, they are just trained so that they can defend their homes when I'm gone."

Ambassador:"What? To defend their homes? Do you even hold this planet?"
Karetsu:"They are the people of this planet and each one rules themselves. I am not a conqueror."
Ambassador:"Clearly not. Look at these maggots! You could easily make this planet your own and with the immortals aid you'd become even stronger!"
"Yes...he's speaking true words..."

Karetsu:"Take back your words! No tyrant will ever rule this planet again! It's people has suffered too much!"
Ambassador:"How dare you! If you shall not ally us, you will die. The Emperor of the immortals shall rule this place if you don't hold the guts to do it, peaceass!"

Spartian:"SIR!"
Ambassador:*ducks*
Karetsu:"RAARGH!!"
*CLONCK*
Immortal trooper 1: *fires*
Immortal trooper2:"Argh!"

*BASH*
Immortal trooper 1:"Urgh!"
Immortal trooper 2:"Aah! My hand!"
Spartian:"Sigh."

Spartian:*sprints*

*THUD*
*BLAM*

Spartian:"Calm down, sir!"

Karetsu:"Uhh."

Ambassador:"You are a worthless unbalanced piece of crap! You will not be of any use to the immortal empire!"

Karetsu:"You shall leave this planet now, swine. Your corsairous empire shall not receive aid from me. We will give you this day to get off this solar system."

Ambassador:"Bah! When I inform high Lord/commander? Warhead about this, this puny little planet will be vaporized by our fleets..."

Karetsu:"Went a little badly, no?"
Spartian:"Hrmh. Could have been better."

Spartian:"These mental things of yours are beginning to appear more often, would it predict bad future?"

"Or a bloody one..."

+++STORY MODE OFF+++

Some info about Karetsu and mainly Tikoskum.
First off, Karetsu is from Tikoskum, and the people of Tikoskum are the ones he wronged against. I will not reveal much as it will keep Karetsu mysterious enough(and hopefully interesting). Ahem.
Karetsu is now in his fourties, which is not very much as Tikoskum's ecosystem has made it's inhabitants long aged, even some 20 years older than normal minifigs would live, and he has born on Tikoskum. Not very much is know of his earlier years, when he still was a marauding villain who gained power from the pain of others. Tikoskum's people don't know who this Karetsu is as he was known with an different name in his dark ages. What brought Karetsu back to normality, you ask? No one knows, but it might have been when he was promised ultimate power if he would kill his family. And he did that. But maybe he after the onslaught realised what he had done, and soon after this, some 15 years ago, he disappeared.
A few years ago he returned, and he had changed. So much, that the murderer-lord was forgotten and he was known Karetsu and only he knew about his dark secret. He can never pay his debt to the people he has sinned against but he will do his best, even when a demon is inside him, reminding him of the past.

Tikoskum is a desert planet, with 3 big spots of life, where plants and animals are numerous, as well as minifigs. These areas are know (from the biggest to the smallest) as; Alocum, Hocrencum, and Vilikz. Vilikz is a deserted place, full of wildlife and ferocious predators.
The solar system where Tikoskum is, has 2 other planets which are unnamed and lifeless. Karetsu has plans to investigate the other one, soon after his new ship is ready.

An important thing: Karetsu is not the leader of Tikoskum's people, but he has their trust, and they are willing to aid him.
He does receive resources from them, but Karetsu can't lead them, so great is his burden to bear.

So, to the "faction".
I don't have much same-looking minifigs except clones and stromtroopers but I wouldn't want to use them, so the force would be a ragtaggy one. So I need help and ideas that how would they look like and generally what kind of a army could fit with Karetsu. His backround doesn't give any advice to this as Karetsu doesn't have a faction of his own.

But I do have some pics about Karetsu's arms and armor:

Nothing special, just showing Karetsu as a minifig. I had to cut the armor a bit to fit the helmet. Overall I think he's looking mysterious, as he has a "barbaric" shoulder armor, samurai helmet, cape, space armor and medieval knight legs. Looking good to me at least.

As you've probably noticed; the blade of Karetsu turns red when the demon inside gains brain superiority=when Karetsu rages.

Like in this picture, ouch. Oh, that guy is Finnstriker's, should give it back, remind me plz:P

The gun. Karetsu favours the old style of battling but he can't let the enemy shoot him before he even reaches them. The gun is a powerful machinegun, with an double barrel in this pic.

All kind of rockets and grenades can be attached to the gun.

He also has an horse, which I'm not going to use very much (obvious reasons).

This shield fits him quite fine, maybe he would make a good medieval guy too?

Stats if someone needs 'em.

Skill:3d6
Armour:2d6+2
Movement rating:7
Equipment: Quicksilver-blade;"Karetsu found this blade in his dark times, and it still reflects those times by turning red when Karetsu is possessed."
use:4 damg:2d6+2 range:cc special: allows the wielder to strike three targets in one turn(of course with this weapon) or direct 3 attacks to one minifig.
Ripper autogun:use:6,5,4,3, depending on the distance of the enemy;1-2"=3, 3-4"=4, 5-6"=5, 7-8"=6. damg:1d6+1 range:8. Special: Can fire 2 times a turn, under barrel equipment:
All kind of grenades. If equipped then the gun gives them +1d6 range
Second barrel:+2 shots a turn.
Last edited by Killer Karetsu on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:47 pm

:omnom: cool!

Man, that Daemonic armour is such a cool idea. I probably didn't give it the attention it merited when you described it in your Sig-Fig request. (At least I think that was you???) Great job so far, moar pleeze!

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Glad your'e enjoying, and yes it was me who sent that sig-fig request. But I fear that you won't like the next phase in story :twisted:

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:37 pm

:D Lay in McDuff (Shakespear, not his day)

Man, my sig is big... hey, that rhymes.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:48 pm

Very good, keep it up! I like heroes on the verge of insanity.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:33 pm

This is pure excellence. If I had a seal of utter approval I'd use it - unfortunately I'm not one to jump on trends (and I suck at photo editing).

The story and how it mixes with the BrikVerse, the minifigs, the humour, the dialogue, the background, the suspense, the action, the terrain, the characters, the photography (!), everything really, is all top notch.

And yeah, kick Immortal ass! (speaking as leader of New Prussia right now)

*remembers he's also allied to the Immortals with another faction*

Erm... What the heck are you doing?!

*confused*

I think I'll stay out of this...
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:06 pm

:trap:
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:08 pm

I'm loving the story behind this. Great sig-fig too.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Most Excellent by-play between the leaders. I loved it! Great pics and posing of the Mini-Figs, BRAVO! :D
Communiqué from Immortal HighLord Warhead to Lord Karetsu, leader of the Tikoskum People wrote: I feel I should inform you that the ambassador has been relived of his rank and status and ordered to return and face my displeasure, effective immediately. His clumsiness and lack of tact has now been duly noted. I perhaps let my mortal minions deal too much of the minutia but can't stand incompetence, I feel an example coming on. Rest assured I will not be lenient in the investigation of this failing. Please allow me to apologise and make amends, a gift perhaps? With your permission my envoy will reach you soon.
HighLord Warhead to the Ambassador wrote: I'm very interested in the incident that occurred, I suspect there is some underlying reason for such a strong reaction. Even in the face of your unforgivable stupidity. Perhaps a covert Psi-Scan of the planet and this Karetsu would be a better course of action. It could be carried out when we send one of the Immortal Family in person to apologise for such brazen disrespect of a potentate Star Nation. Send CoolEyes, she is free after her last mission.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Damn, Kare, this is pure epic story. Makes me wish I had the necessary attention span to attempt one.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Finn_striker
Officer

Post by Finn_striker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:05 am

Good... very good...
When you told me about this topic, I thinked that is just "normal" "here are my units" thing, but this is much much better...
I remember when you told me about Karetsu(when we started that zombie fight(i'm sure that you all will see it soon)) and I thinked that Karetsu is sometimes pure killer and sometimes normal human, but now I really understand Karetsu...
Sorry if you can't understand my talking.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 am

Thanks everyone! I seriously weren't sure that would this turn out good, but it seemingly did! A second thanks too, the comments really cheered me up after a 8 hour long school day.

I've updated the first post btw, useful information awaits.
Karetsu to HighLord Warhead of the immortals wrote:I respect your offer, although I must say that the fault was mine. I need no gifts; just give me peace and I am pleased. You can send an envoy if you want, but we'll make no alliance with no-one at the moment. It's too dangerous for Tikoskum that I make great decisions at the time of this great war.

Zahru II

Re: Karetsu - Backround and stuff

Post by Zahru II » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:04 am

Killer Karetsu wrote:maybe he would make a good medieval guy too?
Why certainly yes!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 am

Hmm. Have to think about it.
FUCK I forgot the stats...fix'd

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:26 am

My people don't really like demons - they banished (most of) them a long time ago and demon worshipping, even though it doesn't happen much anymore, is punished by death. Even Phineus thinks they have too much of a mind of their own to use in combat. Junatan would probably attempt to exploit his dark side. (Water Demons are just called so for their ferocity and how frightening their ability to appear anywhere there's water is, by the way, they're not actually Demons). Still if he behaves he could be pals with my Hitokiri, perhaps. :) I have almost none of the parts you're using on him and nothing spare though.

A bunch of Motley figs for this planet without a ruler seems ideal to me. The figs I saw were totally A. If you really want a troop design the troops you made to display the Immortals were excellent, you could just tell us to imagine those were different figs later if you use it.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?