Royal Rumble! (1-25-2011)

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Royal Rumble! (1-25-2011)

Post by feuer_faust » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm

My roommate, his friend, and I sat down yesterday for a 3-way battle royale. We simply ran 1 hero and 9 other dudes on a fairly big map:

Points of interest where the cannon (18" range, 2D6 explosive damage) and the fuel truck (kablooey). What follows is more-or-less a highlight reel as there were periods of intense slaughter followed by periods of poor rolls (with intense laughter).

Han Solo was present on my roommate's team, but he was just a stand-in as Rebel Scum since he already had his custom jedi hero. 4 CP worth of crappy stats didn't stop Han from being awesome though... throughout the game, he survived a dozen assassination attempts and even killed some dudes himself:

Some deaths and stuff later, my crossbowman decided to jump onto a tanker to a get a shot at a few Dime-A-Dozen Troopers. This went poorly:

In a similar act of hilarity, Sir Big McLargeHuge found himself surronded, so tried for a whirlwind mauling of the people around him. Unfortunately, the hammer went flying off on its own only to land impotently and uselessly on the grass (just like Axl Rose); everybody laughed (again, like Mr. Rose).

My dwarf (who started inside the gas station) decided that the best cure for stubborn Han Solos was a semi truck. He promptly ran out and hijacked one.

...which was an awesome move, beacuase Johnny the Jedi had just arrived to watch one of his troopers shoot the tanker truck for sport. The fact that it wound up killing most of the enemy trooper's forces, a dwarf and a crossbowman was purely coincidental.

At the end of the skirmish, Han, Some Dude, and Johnny the Jedi strode triumphantly through the charred and scattered remains of their foes.

Surely, they will never have to face retribution from a powerful, bitter enemy...

It's a secret to everybody.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:53 pm

I presume your roommates like Lego? :D
Seemed you had fun. How did your new special stats come out?
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:11 pm

Fairly well (although nobody used the Dies in Droves rule).. they're still new to miniatures gaming in general, so eventually. Of course, if nobody ever uses it, then it might just be pointless. /shrug

But yes, a ton of fun and maximum carnage. :D
It's a secret to everybody.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:27 pm

The moment I saw the gas truck, I was hoping for someone to blow it up. ^_^ Looks like a fun battle.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Cannons + Gas Trucks = Awesome Boomness

The 2nd Brikwars Equation