Clash of the Tides: Turn 7

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

GeneralOfDeath
Cannon Fodder

Post by GeneralOfDeath » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:52 pm

I'm just glad I survived it. Although in the ages to come historians may say that by keeping the titan's undivided attention, I kept it from smashing in Warhead's flank...

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Hehe... Unfortunately we had no one left to aim you near the end, Fabian's death would have actually made this almost victory-like but there was no ignoring Warhead without getting killed ourselves. But yeah, you did just enough to keep me from getting to Malak which, in the end, might have been a decisive factor as well. (let's face it, when battles get this close, everything is decisive). If you keep spamming 'heal' in my forum battle, I will get my zombie-clone to eat your brains though ;)
Last edited by Bragallot on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

GeneralOfDeath
Cannon Fodder

Post by GeneralOfDeath » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:16 pm

If I get more than 11 guys against 40+ for everyone else, I'll stop healing every round.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Hmm, point taken :? But you have a sizeable faction in my forum battle now, so no excuses! :lol: I liked your orders by the way. 8) *dispatches zombie clone anyway*
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

FISH!!!
Cannon Fodder
Location: At my computer, typing whatever it says in that box->

Post by FISH!!! » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Bragallot wrote:Does this clone / relative / whatever have a first name or is he just called 'Karl' as well? I must have missed it up till now.

Quickly reread the battle report. *afterthoughts coming up*

Epic pic:

I'll remember he has Jedi powers for the next game 8)

4d6 armour lol!

How does that Divine Boost ability work exactly FISH!!! ? It's interesting and one of my mistakes made in this battle not to use it... Ehh, when I covered Sir Pablo's men I first had some Paladins scheduled too, then scrapped them, now decided to maybe do them anyway since your new design for them is top class usage of the last castle line. So that's why I'm asking.

After rereading this 'in context' and seeing what we were up against from the start I'm actually quite glad we at least managed to stop them from taking the plains. No innocent townsfolk exposed to the undead yet and no terrain lost, which is why we're fighting, right? The death of a Troll leader is a nice bonus and I hope we won't be seeing him again, he was one mean piece of work.

I was probably being too positive seeing how I'd almost taken out two teams with just the Titan and Von Brag with no casualties to stand against it though still at some point victory was within reach, but Warhead's mass-death spell (that also allowed him to escape just when we had him) was the turning point. Hats off for him to still manage to fight back so hard after all that though. If I hadn't made the mistakes I did (not moving the titan so Munchy could keep tackling it which killed my mech, not stressing the squads should support each other when they moved in so I got my pikemen massacred) that might've just made the difference.

About the healing thing though, the undead / dark elves healed no less than 15 of their guys this battle, which is entirely in their right to do, but I do think it had too much of an impact, likely because it was too easy for them to heal, which kinda sucks because it almost forces you to start healing as well to keep up the difference and limits the usage of more 'creative' spells since these get nullified if healing is so imba.

Since fantasy Brikwars requires specific rules and I'm lucky to have other Fantasy-inspired people with good ideas on this forum I'm willing to discuss if we should limit it somehow (I think we should), and how.

Nothing too big since I'm not AGAINST healing but I think useful limitations could be:

- The fig that is to be healed should be whole (so no healing decapitated ones and stuff)
- A healer / deadraiser cannot move after he's healed a fig / attempted it.
- The healer / deadraiser has to get within 2" to heal a dead fig.
- Healing more powerful units should be harder
- Units that aren't specifically healers (like random mages or mage heroes) have a 1 round cooldown to healing, meaning they can only heal once every two rounds.
- A healed fig can only make an action / move the round after he was healed. However he can set up a response action.

One I'm not sure about since I'm quite happy with the limitations I've already thought of, but still, another idea:

- A fig can only be brought back from the dead once.

Thoughts?
Since I need to give a few of answers, I'll use a list,

6) This Von Brag clone was just Karl for now, though I could change it, since only Francais has used it.

7) The Padalin's divine boost is sort of 'under development', before I'd used it as a skill roll, with use rating 4 (on a d8), this time I tried it like a feat. Though I think the skill roll works better, so it be used that way in future. As for how it works it simply provides a +2d6 boost to the Padalins attack, thus uping it to 4d6 for one turn. (2d6 Padalin Longsword + 2d6 boost) After use it has a one turn 'cool down'
Hope this helps.

8) Ah, yes, healing. Possibly there was abit much of it happening...
Anyway my healing powers work like this,
(Works like a feat)
Healer's roll>Defence roll = One 'fig rasied
Healer's roll<Defence roll = No 'figs raised
Healer's roll = 6 = Two 'figs raised
Healer's roll = 1 = One 'fig made unraisable
Defence roll = 6 = One 'fig made unraisable
Defence roll = 1 = Two 'figs raised

Healing powers can only be used by Healers/Clerics/etc or certain heros.
i.e. Red Lion Clerics, Dark Elf Healers, Shade Necros, Daemonic Medic...
Or heros: Warhead, Malak, Lucian, Francais or some special circumstanes.
After a Hero uses there's a one turn 'cool turn'. (seams resonable)

Erm, think that'll do.

Bragallot

Re: Clash of the Tides: Turn 7

Post by Bragallot » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 pm

:necro: I'm disappointed that almost all of this battle's pictures are broken :fist: Is this going to happen to every battle we know at one point?
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Probably. Even persistent technologies die off eventually. I remember thinking GeoCities was going to be around forever. I think the best we can hope for is to dump them in the longest running places and keep backups...for those of us who remain active here on the forums for "that long." I've been dumping to Photobucket and Facebook. PB for persistence, infinite space, and img code. FB because I prefer the format and its better to share with others (outside the forum). Also, infinite space.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Imgur is what I always use.