The Red Cliffs of Aldier

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Hoboman, Arkbrik

Post Reply
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

The Red Cliffs of Aldier

Post by Olothontor » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:24 pm

So, this is one of two things. Firstly, I just got my shiny new Behringer C-1 condenser mic and wanted to celebrate that. Secondly, I want to try something... I'm not sure how to describe it. Like, music you would play D&D to, something upbeat and adventurous. Not quite medieval in style, but not exactly contemporary,,, the best of both worlds, I guess.

Anyway, take a listen and tell me what you think (sorry about the long download time, I would've exported to Mp3 but I don't have the LAME.dll encoding to pull it off, so it's a huge clunky .WAV file).
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

User avatar
Robot Monkey
My Little Pony
Posts: 1939
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: The Edge

Post by Robot Monkey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Great job! Makes me wish I had a decent mic...
Image

User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

Post by Olothontor » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:29 pm

Silverdream wrote:Could you post it on another site, it doesn't work for me.
Thanks, Robot.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
Posts: 4108
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)
Contact:

Post by BFenix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Great job! Makes me wish I had a decent mic...
Same here...

Well anyways, nice peaceful song Oloth, you're pulling out those chords pretty well, was expecting some lyrics though. Did you taped a backing track and then played on top or did kidko give you some help? :wink:

Btw, I to am getting a major musical "update" Im selling my old Rochester electric guitar to make money or a Epiphone Explorer and Korg Mini-Pandora \m/

EDIT: @Silverdream: Perhaps Olly here could upload it on YouTube or Newgrounds Music Portal no?
Image

User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

Post by Olothontor » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 pm

BFenix wrote:Did you taped a backing track and then played on top or did kidko give you some help? :wink:
... That was all one instrument. That was just me playing the guitar; one take, one track. I'm interested at seeing how you're hearing more than one, though.

Also, depending on how much you're selling the Korg for, I might buy that off of you.

The finished product _might_ go on Newgrounds.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
Posts: 4108
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)
Contact:

Post by BFenix » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Olothontor wrote:
BFenix wrote:Did you taped a backing track and then played on top or did kidko give you some help? :wink:
... That was all one instrument. That was just me playing the guitar; one take, one track. I'm interested at seeing how you're hearing more than one, though.

Also, depending on how much you're selling the Korg for, I might buy that off of you.

The finished product _might_ go on Newgrounds.
Kinda sounds like it, somehow...

Oh and:
BFenix wrote:Im selling my old Rochester electric guitar to make money or a Epiphone Explorer and Korg Mini-Pandora
Image

User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.
Contact:

Post by Olothontor » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:58 pm

Ah, I see. Sorry, misunderstood. Damn.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image

Post Reply