The only concept in brikwars I have never really understood.

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

The only concept in brikwars I have never really understood.

Post by piltogg » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:00 pm

ok, so response fire.

If you are playing in a battle in which you are taking turns as to whos turn it is to move and fire. And you can consider a turn to have happened once every player has had a chance to move and fire. Then it makes sense that if a unit of one of the first players did not take an action then it would be able to have a response action instead. BUT, if an opportunity arises in which a player has not had his turn and would like to make a response action, is he allowed to make a response action? Because technically, he has not made the decision yet as to whether he will do something or not.

This problem does not really seem to come up in real battles, but with forum battle s it seems to be a pretty big issue.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:46 pm

I don't know about you guy's, but i generally do Combined movement turns and separate attacks in every thing But FB's. ANd during attack my friends and I allow the defender to make an response attack if it would be possible IRL, like if the attacker stood right in front of them and then shot. it makes things easier, and almost nullifies your problem.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:59 pm

If a unit fails to get in range/has no other peculiar orders in a turn, I gave it a response action as it still has an unused action.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Re: The only concept in brikwars I have never really underst

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:32 am

piltogg wrote:And you can consider a turn to have happened once every player has had a chance to move and fire.
Don't we call this a round?

But to answer your question I believe they do get response fire because they simply didn't take an action when they entered the game so they still have an action left from an imaginary turn that exists before the game started.

In other words they just walked onto the battlefield and nothing required their focus and attention so they still have a response action.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:00 pm

An action can be saved by any unit, as long as it hasn't taken it yet. However, at the start of your next turn, that saved action "goes bad," and can't be used.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:08 am

But I believe he is talking about a unit or squad that hasn't even had a previous turn yet.

Like when a new faction enters the game.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:50 pm

correct

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 pm

As long as the unit didn't use its Action on its previous turn, then it still has an Action to spend. At the beginning of the game, none of the units on the field had a previous turn, so of course they haven't spent their Actions yet.