BrikRPG

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Should I go for it?

Yes
45%
No
No votes
You should definitely go for it
45%
You're a dumbass for thinking this could work.
9%

Total votes: 22

Telcon the elf
Hero

Post by Telcon the elf » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:08 pm

You need luck. Not charisma or intuition, but something so that noone can just do everything impossible. Sneaking past a whole army of guards hyped up on coffee can't suceed all the time: 5% chance, possibly.
Add 5% for special skills or luck factor.
And the worst part is, I don't think of good comebacks until after the... HEY!

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Telcon the elf wrote:You need luck. Not charisma or intuition,
Life lessons by Telcon the elf.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:6: I have now idea how I could get all the rules onto the forum into a downloadable format, unless of course I simply posted all of the rules and abilities, skills, and attributes the players can have onto a new thread.
You might put it in a Google doc, or I guess the BrikWiki, or I think even Brickshelf lets you upload non-image files if they're lego-related enough.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:41 pm

I don't know why you have both intelligence and wisdom, they kind of seem similar. I would replace wisdom with either perception or endurance (I know they are both from fall out.)

Looking at the classes you have chosen you are going with the starwars or modern theme?
Because otherwise the magician and the Jedi don't really fit.
Wisdom and Intelligence are quite different actually. Wisdom measures things such as common sense and intuition, whereas Intelligence shows your ability to learn, reason, and analyze data. Perception would fall under Agility, and endurance would go with Health.

Since my D&D books were gone long ago ( :cry: ) the only WOTC books I have left too look at are my Star Wars RPG books. I'm trying to encompass all types of themes by modifying the RPG system, as the Star Wars and D&D rules were quite similiar. I threw in Jedi and Magician classes so that I could encompass a wider variety of players. I think that I may add more classes as well, but I was thinking that it may be possible to encompass all these types of themes into a very awesome theme that was like Final Fantasy or Shadowrun something, with elements of Modern, Sci-Fi, and Medieval all mixed into one.

I may also do some supplements showing stats for using different races or making new classes or whatever.

Finally, since I don't really want a difficult to understand combat system, I was thinking about using the Brikwars system along with Hit Points, using the same weapon and armor stats, with a few of my own, provided that everyone was OK with it.

Thanks for all the suggestions by the way guys! Keep 'em coming!

EDIT:
You need luck
Thanks for the idea. I was just going to leave it at the original six attributes, but the Luck thing is a good idea. I could say that for every number higher the Luck rating is, the larger percent chance you have to score a critical roll or something like that. Thanks Telcon.

And Stubby, thanks for the google doc idea. I honestly had no clue what to use.

Keep posting suggestions!

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:18 pm

hmmm... I don't like perception being lumped together with agility. they are two totally different things, it seems like your just putting them together to get rid of one, in which case why not put two things that actually go together in the same stat? Yes, wisdom and intelligence are two different things, but they are both quite similar. if you want to combine something, I'd go with those two.

feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Post by feuer_faust » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 am

Silverdream wrote:
GeneralOfDeath wrote:
feuer_faust wrote:blah, blah, blah.
I'm a dumb bitch who wastes peoples' time by commenting irrelevantly on my useless and bland interpretation on role playing game rules. Then after I've been a jobby prick and other people reveal this, I dismiss this instead of helping the original use of this thread especially since the poster and previous commenters have been both polite and contributive. In other words, I'm a true brikwarrior. Time to go to my Elementary School and bully the fourth graders and become even less intelligent.
Fix'd
Nah, I struck first. It was pretty fair and pretty amusing to me. But thank you anyways. :)
It's a secret to everybody.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:34 am

I don't like perception being lumped together with agility. they are two totally different things
Your right. However, I'm starting to think that perception could also go with either wisdom or intelligence.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:00 am

I always saw most of those things as subcategories. Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I always saw it like this:

Endurance
-Health
-Stamina
-Element resistance
-etc.

Intellect
-Intelligence
-Wisdom
-Something like will power
-etc

Although I would do everything very different, even very different from many role playing games.

Physical:
-Edurance
-Strength
-Agility
-Elements resistance
-Health
-Stamina

Mental:
-Intelligence
-Charisma
-Dexterity
-Knowledge/wisdom
-Willpower
-Perception

and then maybe some more categories like Mystical for magic and such.
Generally the idea is that the better you are in lets say Physical, the easier it is to progress in a skill that falls under physical.

But your way looks great to.
Last edited by *CRAZYHORSE* on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:12 am

Silverdream wrote:It's dexterity you moron.
I love you to hun.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:39 am

I'm almost done with the classes. Once that's finished, I have these to complete:

6. Abilities (similiar to perks or feats)
7. Skills (like the ones from fallout or KOTOR, as these are also big inspiration areas for me)
8. Combat (probably using a modified Brikwars system; has same rules, just in a more RPG-ish format)
9. Magic and Force powers (nuff said here, I'll probably end up making their usage more like weapons so it will be easier to understand)
10. Equipment (weapons, armor, survival gear, etc.)
11. Vehicles and NPCs (stats for creating vehicles, monsters, and non-heroic enemy units [like stormtroopers or grunts])

Hope to have it done soon.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 pm

UPDATE:

Skills and Abilities sections are done! Currently working on weapons and equipment. Anyone want to suggest some items?

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:31 pm

First you have to tell us on what theme/setting you have finally settled XD.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:26 pm

^ :godwin:

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Its gonig to have elements for all themes in it. I've had to use the Star Wars RPG as a primary basis, but I've tweaked it to be compatible with other themes, and also with Brikwars!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:55 am

Weapons and Equipment are finished! Getting to work on Magic and Force Powers.