Lost Valley Time Forgot Filled With Treasure And Dinosaurs.

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:34 pm

Hrm. I've been procrastinating on setting up an Ebay of my old Bionicle bin for a while now. It's got what you need in parts... I just need to find the bin and pictures again. Hold up.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:11 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Hrm. I've been procrastinating on setting up an Ebay of my old Bionicle bin for a while now. It's got what you need in parts... I just need to find the bin and pictures again. Hold up.
Thanks Ross :D

This is the Chinese warlord expeditionary force so far. I need to change those modern helmets for peaked caps though and then they'll look about right for warlord era soldiers. The gun the guy on horseback is holding isn't the right one either, but it's actually the only one I've got at the moment :oops:

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Ooo, me likey. the widshield/head thingy on the ranged mecha looks amazing, and fits together nicely with the rest of the mech. is that a bionicle paintball gun that it's holding, btw? anyway, great work, I wanna see a forum battle with all those walkers soon!

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:44 pm

I'm not really sure what the white gun is supposed to be since it arrived in a joblot of dead Bionicles and Technic bits. I'm waiting on a Bricklink order to sort out the gun problem which will improve things, but the main reason for using the gun was that it was white and matched the rest of the walker.

I'm working on a raid senario where the Chinese attempt to loot the Temple of Argh and the Lost City. With any sort of luck this will not only involve the magician priests of the temple, but also any stray privateer treasure hunters in the area as well as a British patrol. There might be a certain amount of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' type alliances before the dust finally settles.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:38 pm

nah, it wasn't a criticism of the gun, it would just be kinda funny if in a fight it hit, and there was just this neon-green splotch on the target :lol:

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:06 am

Hoboman wrote:These are looking good. Now all you need is some big dinos for them to chance and/or be eaten by. :wink:
Well I've just been able to purchase this set from 1993.....

And this one should be delivered next week......

So I think that might do for the moment anyway :wink:

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:21 am

if possible, try to get your hands on some dino-attack dinosaurs, they look much better than the brick built ones

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Like this one?

Somebody is selling this set for $NZ40.00 and I'm awfully tempted to get it.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:39 pm

yes, like that one. and IMHO, you should get it. it has some great pieces (like treads, if you're looking for some steam-powered tank action) and it has a dinosaur.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:12 pm

enders_shadow wrote:yes, like that one. and IMHO, you should get it. it has some great pieces (like treads, if you're looking for some steam-powered tank action) and it has a dinosaur.
Yes that was what I was thinking. I don't really like the vehicle itself, but all those track pieces and other bits would be good for other Steampunk creations.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:22 pm

hey, you have Minnis for other games right? i think it would be cool to have a battle with them Vs. the elves or nega blox!

also: just moc fodder the tank if you don't want it.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:35 pm

yeah, I got that set for the tread pieces and the monster, and I was not disappointed. The treads are rubber, so they don't look as good as the linkable ones, but they'll do the joob, and you're steampunk armies will finally have something to fight against

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 pm

Well my bid has gone in and now I'll see wot happens. I'd like to have the linked tracks, but I'm not going to get picky over it as I'll be able to build a pair of tanks styled after the Renault FT17 which has always been my fav light tank design.

The series 3 Space Alien figure seems to be going for really low prices here in NZ so I thought I'd get a few to provide another faction looking for treasure and mysterious tech in the valley. If I can get them at the right price I'll get some of the three eyed aliens from Toy Story as well.

I'm presently looking for white Bionicle bits because they look so good (if a bit impractical) on steam walkers. 'KOPAKA' is the one that has the face shield with the extra optics built in and I've got another damaged and therefore cheap one in my sights at the moment.
The nice windshields come from the same Bohrok race series as 8565 'KOHRAK' (thats the white one) and the ugly rubber alien face that's a part of these sets fits into a mounting that's great for use as a minifig seat. The whole thing is highly adaptable to becoming a Steampunk walker with twin cannons and twin boilers and once built these will become the British Expeditionary force's walkers.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:42 pm

hah, can't w8 to see an army of these guys, It'll be awesome

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:43 pm

looks a little unsteady, how does it do on it's own?