Vehicle Stats Cards

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Vehicle Stats Cards

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat May 14, 2011 11:56 am

Somebody should make a format for Vehicle stats cards (Let's hope stubby will do it) because of all the things you need to keep track of with the 2010 rules such as effective size, structure level and weapon power consumption.
Everybody knows that a flashy stats card is way better then writing things down on paper.

Discuss.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat May 14, 2011 1:33 pm

:D Basic but functional.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat May 14, 2011 1:59 pm

My papers and notes always get mixed up or lost and I find it very annoying to rewrite everything all the time. But you are right it is unnecessary to make a vehicle stats card, it would be nice though.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat May 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Oh-ho! A challenge!
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

HAL-9001
Officer

Post by HAL-9001 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:23 pm

I had an idea to make a datasheet (sort of like WH40K Apocalypse) with weapons, effective size, maybe even a space for a schematic to keep track of component damage and damage types.

One nifty feature would be to put some kind of stud-sized holes in it (like Battle Lines from Minifig World), so you could put a plate behind the card and use pips to represent power, size, and so on.

Strictly speaking, the standard stat card and model can store the relevant data. The card has room for armor (and thus structure level), size (actual), weapons, move, skill, and whatever specialties might apply, and then Damage Pips and Energy Pips can be applied to the model.
Heuristic ALgorithmic AFOL.
T6281: Solar Federation (Rules T6588)
T6777: Dungan Swarm
T6783: Space Pirates
T7349: BrikWars Vehicle Datasheet
T7402: Imperium Constructor

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat May 14, 2011 7:14 pm

I simply type out the stats of my armies on paper, then put them in a binder with dividers for quick and easy reference.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat May 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Uh oh. Do you really think this is necessary? If so then maybe I made the Vehicle rules too complex.

As far as I tried to make it, as long as you have a tape measure to measure the actual size of vehicles and their weapons, the only thing to keep track of is the size damage - which is best handled with damage pips attached onto the vehicle as needed.

The weapon stats may be a little more complex than before, so it'll be good to have a separate chart printed out for those maybe.

The Vehicles chapter is next up on my to-do list, so if you've got experiences and opinions on the subject, now's the time to share them.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun May 15, 2011 3:33 am

Make stealth rules similar to the Scout's stealth rules, because they are very fun.

This would be nice to use with submarines or stealth fighters.
Of course the ability wouldn't be based on cover but the ability needed to be activated because airplanes have the tendency to stay in clear sight.

HAL-9001
Officer

Post by HAL-9001 » Sun May 15, 2011 8:33 am

Well, Scout's Stealth works by reducing the effective (visible) Size of the Scout, which gives attacking enemies a -1 Attack Penalty. An analogous specialty for a vehicle might be something like this:

Stealth (+[2 x Size] CP): This unit's visible Size is reduced by 1/3 for the purpose of determining Size-related Attack Bonuses. This reduction stacks with cover. If this unit has sufficient cover such that it is effectively invisible to all enemies at the start of its turn, its operator may use an Action to become completely Hidden, and move invisibly at half speed.

For example, a applying Stealthiness to a Lancer Pursuit Fighter (Size 6) will cost 12 CP, and the Stealthy fighter will count as being Size 4 when targeted.

To be clear, since targeting bonuses are always based on Actual Size rather than Effective Size, so does the Size reduction from Stealthiness (so a Stealthy Lancer with 3 points of Size Damage will count as being Size 4, not Size 2).

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon May 16, 2011 4:36 am

But how will an airplane ever find any cover to become completely invisible. I know are some rare cases in which they can but this is the reason I think it should be an ability that can be activated like a stealth field.

The stealth ability of the scout is to show his ability to move unseen not to make him invisible (although I may be wrong here, the stealth ability could also be used to represent an assassin droid's ability to become actually invisible.)

I would like it better if it was an ability for vehicles that could be activated at anytime and to compensate it would use tremendous amounts of power so that any damage would make it incapable of going 'stealth' and so that it wouldn't be able to to fire heavy weapons while in stealth mode.

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon May 16, 2011 6:47 am

stubby wrote:Uh oh. Do you really think this is necessary? If so then maybe I made the Vehicle rules too complex.

As far as I tried to make it, as long as you have a tape measure to measure the actual size of vehicles and their weapons, the only thing to keep track of is the size damage - which is best handled with damage pips attached onto the vehicle as needed.

The weapon stats may be a little more complex than before, so it'll be good to have a separate chart printed out for those maybe.

The Vehicles chapter is next up on my to-do list, so if you've got experiences and opinions on the subject, now's the time to share them.
I'm not sure where I saw you post it before - but I remember you putting something up about vehicle size only counting towards how much damage it could take - and it could carry any number of weapons of any size into battle, but could only use a certain number of them per turn?

Iunno, I think I might have imagined the whole damn thing.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.

HAL-9001
Officer

Post by HAL-9001 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:But how will an airplane ever find any cover to become completely invisible. I know are some rare cases in which they can but this is the reason I think it should be an ability that can be activated like a stealth field.
Since cover stacks with the natural size reduction, a Lancer (Size 6) would only have to have 4 inches of Cover (or, to look at it another way, it would have to reduce its uncovered parts to Size 2 or smaller). It might be able to lurk behind a building to do this.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 am

The Shadowscythe wrote: I'm not sure where I saw you post it before - but I remember you putting something up about vehicle size only counting towards how much damage it could take - and it could carry any number of weapons of any size into battle, but could only use a certain number of them per turn?

Iunno, I think I might have imagined the whole damn thing.
You probably haven't imagined it because this is pretty much what Chapter 8 explains.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Mon May 16, 2011 4:25 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:But how will an airplane ever find any cover to become completely invisible. I know are some rare cases in which they can but this is the reason I think it should be an ability that can be activated like a stealth field.
Just fly off the battlefield. If it's too far away to see, or ducks under the edge of the table, then it's invisible.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon May 16, 2011 8:55 pm

Clouds?