Zahru's shorts

BrikWars fiction in long-prose form. Trigger warning: Walls of text

Moderators: The Shadowscythe, Quantumsurfer

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Zahru's shorts

Post by Zahru II » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:07 pm

and by that I do not mean my undergarments.

So, I'm in my actual world-building stage for Medivo, and thus I've decided to start writing background, supplemental fluffs, and all that sorts of crazy things. To kick it off, here's a short story:

The golden gods of chaos

Ancient tomes and scriptures tell an amusing tale from the dawn of creation, far before life was existent on Medivo. This story tells the tale of three almighty and insanely powerful beings, referring to them only as chaos gods. Depictions portray them as gigantic beings, fully clad in golden armor that brimmed from the gods’ very power. The three were Bel’akl, Mal’ael, and Ignul. They were said to be the ones who tamed the world when it was nothing but a fiery cauldron of raging elements. Ironically, they brought order from chaos, and shaped Medivo to the form we know it today. They did this because they felt so: no rhyme or reason, only their personal likings. They enjoyed creation for the sake of it. Transcendent beings, they stood over simple emotions, such as hatred or ambition.
That was until one of them had tasted one of these feelings, and succumbed to it. Bel’akl was the one, and greed was his vice. For an unfathomable reason, the golden god suddenly wanted to be more than a part of three. He wanted to be the only one. To achieve this, he used trickery and mischief first. His scheming was successful against Ignul, whom he banished to realms unknown when he was caught off-guard by his treacherous brother.
Mal’ael, on the other hand was aware of Bel’akl’s treason, and witnessed the forced exile of Ignul. He instantaneously questioned his brother’s action, to which he got a simple reply, which was more of a proposal: either he would join the fate Ignul, or die. This reasoning infuriated Mal’ael, who proposed a duel. Both gods had withdrawn to arm themselves.
Soon after, both of them arrived at a contested piece of land; the Isle of Conflict, which they specifically created for this battle. Bel’akl armed himself with a polearm-like weapon, which he aptly christened as ‘God-Slayer’. Mal’ael forged a sword, which he titled as the ‘Blade of Tears’, in honor of his banished brother. The two gods had clashed and fought for several days, their destructive strikes slowly disintegrated their battleground. But despite all of Mal’ael’s efforts, his power-hungry brother was proven stronger. Bel’akl killed Mal’ael with a final sweep; while Mal’ael’s body fell, his armor blackened and crumbled to dust.
And so there stood Bel’akl, as the last and only chaos god of Medivo. With him victorious, however, he only felt emptiness. It was then when he realized how much the loss of his brethren did affect him: he was getting weaker and weaker by every passing moment. As he slowly withered into nothingness, he could only feel deep anger, and blamed Mal’ael of cursing him. What Bel’akl did not know though, was that the gods of chaos actually depended on eachother to coexist, and thus, with him destroying his brethren, had sealed his very own doom.

Constructive criticism is welcome as always. Feel free to grammarpiltogg me, you're the native speakers afterall.
Last edited by Zahru II on Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

razgriz 25th inf.
Dimmy

Post by razgriz 25th inf. » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:09 pm

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. no, tl;dr, i don't know if it is or not.
Holy shit, I'm still here?

Ogel96
Dimmy

Post by Ogel96 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Moar Pls.
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.

Wingnut
Hero

Post by Wingnut » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Very good. It hits all of the important points that one needs for good mythology and might even explain the presence of magik (hey, all that dissolved god stuff is useful :) )

DarthBrik
Cannon Fodder

Post by DarthBrik » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:57 pm

tl;dr

btw

-DarthBrik
-Defcon, Coperal

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:50 pm

:evil: dammit! as soon as I started reading this I was like 'omfg Zahru's gonna make gold minifigs for a forum battle!' but the I finished reading (very entertaining, btw) an now I'm sad :cry:

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Great job, good read, interesting premise. I assume they didn't leave those artifacts lying around though, did they? :wink:
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:31 am

:mystery:

fredde
Cannon Fodder

Post by fredde » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Very nice I like the names they`re very creative!
Id like too see more.

Also razgriz and darthbrik y u no read!?
Natalya wrote: Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Sun May 15, 2011 3:59 pm

So, as things are finally coming together in my next story campaign, I thought I’d give you a small teaser passage of what to expect. Not giving away too much, just to keep you (hopefully) excited.

Shattered Empire

The events of the coming storm swept through the lands of the Empire. Many died, and vast pieces of land were ravaged. The forces of evil are now stronger than ever, and the Empire has to face one of its greatest challenges ever since its foundation. The Warlock’s armies claim more and more territories for themselves, and the borderlands struggle to fight the endless hordes back.
This is a time that calls for heroes. But where are you now, mighty paragons of virtue? Where are you in the hour of need? Those who did not fall, find themselves deep behind enemy lines, cut off from support. One of them is a man who lost everything… for the second time, grizzled and cynical by the past events. Another one is a veteran soldier, between despair and rage, who feels the urge to take action, but is crippled by the restrains. The third is a man who fell from grace, and he can only blame himself for doing so.
While the heroes of the past are forced to lie and wait, new champions shall rise. A group of vastly different people, whose future will be intertwined by fate itself…
The bloodshed turns out to be profitable to some, however. Deep beneath the ground, deeper than the mighty dwarf realms, something… someone is feeling the phenomenon of life running through him once again, despite giving up his lust for living eons ago. This ancient yet brand new sensation gives hope to this being… and motivation. Soon, he finds himself strong enough to not only ponder of his near-forgot existence, but to take actions of his own. The forgotten one shall rise again, and despite having only a flicker of his former power, he is still one of the strongest beings in the realm.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun May 15, 2011 4:10 pm

:shock: this new campaign is going to be EPIC. Also... forgotten one.... Ignul, I'm guessing? it would be amazing to have a god in the battle :D
glad this hadn't died, can't wait for it to start!

keveenl

Post by keveenl » Wed May 18, 2011 6:01 am

Well if they kick ass, I should probably look for somewhere to get them in UK. Thanks :roll: :idea:

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed May 18, 2011 7:31 am

keveenl wrote:Well if they kick ass, I should probably look for somewhere to get them in UK. Thanks :roll: :idea:
:wtc: Who is this?
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

jmatthew
Minifig

Post by jmatthew » Wed May 18, 2011 12:04 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:
keveenl wrote:Well if they kick ass, I should probably look for somewhere to get them in UK. Thanks :roll: :idea:
:wtc: Who is this?
A terminator from the future who came back to kill a certain person, but failed and now can only find employment as a lowly spambot.

Also, Zahru, this is awesome! You're an excellent writer, and creating a very superb mythos here.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed May 18, 2011 1:16 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote: :wtc: Who is this?
We'll never know, because he's IP-banned now. Take that, guy who wants to find things that kick ass in UK!