Zahru's shorts

BrikWars fiction in long-prose form. Trigger warning: Walls of text

Moderators: The Shadowscythe, Quantumsurfer

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed May 18, 2011 1:19 pm

jmatthew wrote:Also, Zahru, this is awesome! You're an excellent writer, and creating a very superb mythos here.
I won't be convinced until I see some MOC tie-ins. Can we have some golden chaos gods please?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Wed May 18, 2011 1:55 pm

They might pop up in the future, that's all I can say for now.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:46 pm

I felt all storytellish, so here's an extensive fluff on the loved/hated Drakhirri:

The Drakhirri

The Drakhirri, a group of ruthless mercenaries, who ally themselves always to the highest bidder, are the far descendants of the once almighty Dragontalon army, which was forged by the Majistik during the War of Unification. Many of those who were united under the banner of the Drake didn’t find their place in the world after the war was over and the Empire was founded. They feared that they’d be separated from their comrades once enlisted as Imperial troops and reassigned into different regions of the land, and also the thought of peace and simple guard duties on backwater posts terrified many, especially those who became somewhat addicted to the constant combat and adventure. And while most Dragontalon soldiers reconciled and chose to serve the Empire, a former group of elite swordsmen, led by Aurelius Drakhelm, decided to defy enlistment and went ‘rogue’, as many would consider.
Aurelius was a nobleman when the Dragontalons were founded, one with great martial expertise. Thus he was assigned to lead those who possessed similar talent in swordfighting. They were given longblades, thin but balanced swords, which behave almost as of Elven origin. To perfectly wield the longblade, strength and discipline is required. In skilful hands, it can be a very deadly arm, capable of tearing a man in half with a mighty blow.
Those who remained loyal to Aurelius rallied under his banner and moved to his fortress, close to the south-western borderlands. People lived in fear under Fort Drakhelm’s shadow, as occasional raids were not uncommon in the beginnings. However, those responsible for these were swiftly punished. Aurelius led his men with an iron fist, and created a code for his warriors, which they were obliged to follow.
Aurelius also inherited some of the mighty majistik firedrakes from the Great War; those which were born without wings, and thus viewed as imperfect in the wizard’s regards. However, their speed and ferociousness made them still useful, and even better than conventional mounts. Those who were daring enough slowly tamed the beasts and mastered riding them; thus the first wyrmraiders were born.
Yet, the defiance of Aurelius was a big thorn in the young Empire’s side; Aurelius was stripped of all his titles, and his men were considered outlaws by an Act of the King. This decision was made to set an example for those who would intend to desert from the Empire in the future.
Aurelius knew that without his rights, he would have to find alternative ways to fund his men: that’s when he made the decision to go mercenary. He would offer his men to those in need; something which could come handy for outposts near the borders. Despite counting as illegal, many ork raids were beaten in the past because the regional guard always had a handful of drakhirri longblades on their sides, although, this does not help their reputation throughout the Empire.
Aurelius died without any direct successor, as such, he had given command to his right hand man, Nikolai, who was a simple farmer in the early beginnings. This tradition lives on even present day among the drakhirri hierarchy.
The drakhirri rarely recruit new members, however they are kind and welcoming to outcasts, fugitives, or those who simply have no other place in this world, and seek home in their ranks. If they can endure the training and initiation of becoming a longblade or a wyrmraider, that is.

Zahru II

Re: Zahru's shorts

Post by Zahru II » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:57 am

Massive updates for the early history of Medivo: http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... Northeros)

Also this thread would be more appropriate in brikfic now.