Custom designed minifig

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Houndis wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:The penalty is basically -1 on everything (moving, armor, stealth, ect. ect.), except sniping, but he can't use the sniper attack inside a range of 10" and yes, either Friend or Foe will trigger this. So, if anyone get's too close, the Sniper becomes half a regular minifig, stat wise at least.
So he moves only few inches, dies if anyone even touches him, and the stealth bonus is only 1/3 when he doesn't move? That sounds great. And do you mean that a sniper can only attack an object at range 10-30"? Well, that makes them easily killed if you get near enough.
stealth bonus is 2/3 at no movement.

and yes, i believe it would be 5" as the bird flies, but what do we do about trapped snipers? for example, a sniper stuck in a tower that he cannot possibly climb out of? MY suggestion would be that if a sniper is trapped, he spends one turn freaking out, the next turn to smoke a cigarette (everyone knows snipers smoke cigs, REGARDLESS of how visible a lit cigarette is), and then he's calm enough to fire again. of course, all that wouldn't fit on the stat card, and it is rather... specific to a situation.

however if we DO get a stat card up, the sniper must be smoking in the picture.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:02 pm

IVhorseman wrote:stealth bonus is 2/3 at no movement.

and yes, i believe it would be 5" as the bird flies, but what do we do about trapped snipers? for example, a sniper stuck in a tower that he cannot possibly climb out of? MY suggestion would be that if a sniper is trapped, he spends one turn freaking out, the next turn to smoke a cigarette (everyone knows snipers smoke cigs, REGARDLESS of how visible a lit cigarette is), and then he's calm enough to fire again. of course, all that wouldn't fit on the stat card, and it is rather... specific to a situation.

however if we DO get a stat card up, the sniper must be smoking in the picture.
Normally it would be 2/3, but I was talking about that penalty. So it's only 1/3 when someone is near.

That sounds pretty good. I think that he should bang his head on the wall when he freaks out. If the building is old and weak, it could be able to collapse. One question: what if the sniper doesn't have cigarettes or he's a nature protector? Should he then do anything possible to calm himself down, e.g. deblock and construct his weapon, speak to himself, repeat his mantra over and over again, bang his head some more on the wall?
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:07 pm

I think loaded, unloading and reloading his weapon repeatedly would be a good stress reliever. Agree with the cigarette idea on the stat card... Hmmm... About the trapped sniper: :? No idea. It's a complicated situation...
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:20 pm

a nature protecting sniper? snipers care much less about the trees or their lungs than they do about taking down their targets. EVERY sniper smokes, EVERY sniper just happens to have cigarettes sitting around. every action movie reflects this, so it MUST be true.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:41 pm

:D The horse speaks truth once again! Also, blood has a lot of minerals in it that aren't good for trees. If there is blood and brains spraying around the trees of the battlefield due to headshots, then that proves that snipers don't care about the enviroment!
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Red Clay
Champion
Champion

Post by Red Clay » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:06 pm

LOL

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:59 pm

IVhorseman wrote:a nature protecting sniper? snipers care much less about the trees or their lungs than they do about taking down their targets. EVERY sniper smokes, EVERY sniper just happens to have cigarettes sitting around. every action movie reflects this, so it MUST be true.
Good point.What about...Uh...How about an armor pericing bullet?Or an incderariy round(HeHe :twisted: )?I can just see the sinper getting a critcal succes with the armor percing round and blowing up the Death Star! :D :D (Yes i like Death Stars...They rock.)
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:47 pm

Yu... Gu... Hu... Fu... Bu....

Never mind.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:17 pm

Come on.Armor pericing/incedary round has GOT to be game changing.I mean,think about the total chaos and desturction that would cause!That's what Brikwars is about,right? :roll:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:51 pm

but not really in the good way. in the non-dimmy forum, we drew up basically what the entire ruleset for what a sniper stat card would be. i know you don't have access to posting there, but i THINK you're allowed to read them,

Almighty Benny
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Almighty Benny » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:01 pm

We also like to tell secrets behind your back in there, and give away free money by mail.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:02 pm

armour peirceing rounds take out the chalange of bringing down a large vehickle. if you can take down a tank with a rifle or sniper then that prevents you from laying down 10 land mines or makeing stiky bombs out of old socks or blowing on odins horn summoning forth ragnorok and the prospective giants there of. so I would say definetly don't use ap guns.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:13 pm

actually, that's not at all how an armor piercing round works. it's a single bullet that will penetrate through hard objects, but regardless of this, a single bullet is just a single bullet. with said rounds, a sniper would be able to punch a hole through the front and, if he's lucky, hit the engine and do damage. but you've still got a hulking vehicle that provides at least cover, if not guns.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:53 pm

well it would be imobalized and given the range of sniper rifles it would probaly not have its guns in range of you by the time it was shot (on a big map)

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:02 pm

piltogg wrote:well it would be imobalized and given the range of sniper rifles it would probaly not have its guns in range of you by the time it was shot (on a big map)
so shooting it with a sze 5 explosive weapon i guess is unfair since it has massive range and damage?

of course, AP rounds wouldn't mean that a bullet will go in a straight line indefinitely. my guess is that it punches through 1d4 structure level's worth of armor, or something like that. player's choice, really.