A mantic skeleton

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

A mantic skeleton

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:12 am

A skeleton warrior from Mantic games I painted for my friend. Much cheaper and IMO better than GW. Comments about how the colors turned out, not about the color scheme as that was chosen by my friend.

I was not asked to do the base though, makes the miniature look a bit unfinished :/.
An army of these is a good sight! I ordered a mantic starting battle set, contains dwarfs and skeletons/other undead. 100 + miniatures, for 50 euros!
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:35 pm

only issue with minnis like this is that they are a lot harder to customize into different poses.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Usually you can just microwave the minis I think and they can be bent into different poses.

I like the colors. Every time you guys post minis I always say I want to get some just to mess around with, but they're so expensive.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:03 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Usually you can just microwave the minis I think and they can be bent into different poses.

I like the colors. Every time you guys post minis I always say I want to get some just to mess around with, but they're so expensive.
This is true. I still have my entire 40K collection, and haven't sold it because I always look at them once in a while to mess around. I also have an Ork Warboss I need to finish painting, and a new mini I slapped together that I need to start painting. I have been thinking of selling all my stuff, but quite a bit of it is half-finished and chopped up due to all the crazy new ideas I get and never finish.

back on topic, the paint job is quite nice. My only complaint is that the shield looks a little too two-toned, and the grey lines are a little unsightly.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:26 pm

true, the shield is a little off, but the red of the cloak and bones are spot on, really quite nice!

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:58 pm

OneEye589 wrote: Every time you guys post minis I always say I want to get some just to mess around with, but they're so expensive.
I think you are mostly talking about GW. Their figures are over-priced. Mantic, on the other hand is a lot cheaper, take a look yourself! (its mantigames.com)
Thanks for the comments! I'm not too happy about the shield, either, as I'm not good at painting black. It's hard to highlight it properly. (my skeletons are going to be turqoise with heraldic emblems/shapes on the shields)
Btw, the mantic battleback and elves on sale got here yesterday, should I start a blog here? If someone is interested...
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!