Battle Report: Rise of Shard

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Battle Report: Rise of Shard

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Dawn on Ilokan. The sun rises over a ravaged land only valuable for it's semi-rare minerals found in heavily-seeded rock areas. Under control of the Boron Intelligent Narc empire, it is not considered valuable enough to maintain a heavy military presence, despite it's scientific value due to it's odd magnetic field readouts.

Today though, a heavily-armed squadron of BIN troopers hunt the open fields of wasteland for the recent reports of a gang of Raiders that have moved into the area. Surveillance from orbit reveals ion-tracks leading to a long-abandoned junkyard. As the troops move in, the 'gang' is alerted to their presence and moves to defend the base... with a few familiar faces that come as a shock to the squad.

Gamemode: QuikWars
BIN vs. Raider Force

Units Overwatch

The 'Raider' gang's main group of troops.There's something... off about a few of them.

The main group of elite troop- "wait, what the hell?" you say. "What's Warhead, Ross and Von Bragallot doing in the same three feet of one another?" Calm down mate, you'll get it later- "And what's the deal with that hat?" PATIENCE.

The BIN troopers. The mercenary-for-hire DarkTron trooper and his mates is leading the squad at the moment. He has no idea what he's up against.

"Contact," the heavy hisses to the DarkTron. "I've spread our forces out along the road. They won't have a chance to escape." "That may be," The DarkTron says, "but I believe they've been alerted to our presence. We're going to have to hit them hard and fast."

"I swear to Cod, Lor, I saw something move out there," one of the Heavies say to another. Lor snorts. "You're just getting jumpy. Ross says that we've got another few days yet before they track us back to here." "Then why is everyone so on edge?"

"Alright," the DarkTron says. "We've got a window of opportunity of now if we're going to hit them by surprise. On three the squad moves. Engagement is fire for effect when you have a shot." He shakes the radio. Still jammed. "Like we discussed on the way over. Whoever gets the last kill gets drinks on me back at base. Respond." The troops mutter acknowledgment over their local range helmet comlinks. "Excellent. One, two,"

"THREE!" A burst of chatter floods the comlinks as the troopers pop up from cover and begin laying down covering fire for the heavies moving forward. Warhead pokes his skull out of the shed's door as he hears this. "Shit! Rosco, we've got multiples incoming-" The heavy sees him as he sprays fire across the shed, sending several 'raiders' diving for cover. "Sir, I have a shot on the Warhead unit. Should I take it?"

The DarkTron hesitates, then signals. Warhead catches a shot across the face and spins to the ground, his weapons clattering. The covering fire takes a Raider heavy and he falls. "Warhead!" Ross shouts. "Dammit. All units-"

"-CHARGE!" The Raiders burst out of windows and doors, heading at a dead run directly towards the BIN forces, their guns opening fire. Ross goes head-to head with the DarkTron.

*BANG* The DarkTron takes a full-on shot to his center of mass and doesn't rise to the challenge. Ross grins as he ducks behind a barrel, dodging the Heavy's response. A few more fall to the Raider's guns.

"Command's down!" the Heavy shouts. "Take them out!" A field of fire blazes back at the Raiders, taking out a few of their heavies.

"GRRAGH" the Melee Boner hisses, darting out to clash with Von Bragallot. Brag's sword provides no protection against the Boner's dual blades, he falls under the assault. The Heavy misses Ferret as she avoids the Boner.

Ferret closes with the Heavy and pulls her knife. He blocks it desperately.

The Raiders continue the charge, closing with the BIN.

The other Heavy growls at Ross as he swings at him with a combat dagger. "C'mon then, bastard, kill me if you can!" Ross gives him an odd grin as he slides the knife under his chestplate. "I'm afraid you aren't that lucky, mate," he says, as the Heavy slides to the ground, gurgling. He quickly spins around and blasts another BIN in the head, felling him.

The Boner comes howling up behind Ferret as her Heavy disengages, backing away quickly. She turns too late, and the blades catch her in the torso.

A sniper breaks cover of his post and bolts for the main squad as the Raiders flank him.

The remaining Raiders burst through the BIN line and form up back to back. Their hasty shots deal nothing to the troopers as they react sluggishly, but their cover is broken.

The sniper sees the Raiders break through as he heads at them at a dead run. With nowhere else to go, he twists around as he runs, cracking his binoculars against a Raider's skull and killing her.

The others kill the Heavy, ducking back around the crates.

Preacher ducks out of the field of fire, coming up next to another trooper. The remaining Heavy breaks through the sniper's post, coming out behind him.

Ross grins as the Boner comes towards him. He crouches as the Boner raises both his blades, and lunges forwards, slicing upwards. The Boner gurgles out a howling note and collapses.

The troops suddenly get a sense of desperation. They attempt to engage single Raiders, losing unit coherency. They don't manage to hit anything.

The sniper turns to fire at Lor, a moment too late as she shoves the barrel of her gun into his crotch. "Ello mate," she says. *KAPOW*

Ross clambers over the pile of crates and lunges for the trooper. He falls.

Ross takes a quick glance around as hostiles in his immediate area are eliminated. There are only three BIN troopers remaining.

He runs forward as another Raider falls, snapping out his knife and slaying the killer quickly.

The Preacher comes around the truckbed and right into the range of the remaining Heavy. He grunts as the solid pulse of energy catches him in the face, falling.

The last trooper standing looks from the Heavy to Ross on each side of him. He triggers a slightly panicked shot, missing entirely.

Ross fires a shot back, catching him in the helmet as Lor blows his legs out from under him. He dies quietly.

The last Heavy looks over his shoulder as the bullets catch his remaining buddy. He winces at the field of carnage...

...and bolts for the BIN's abandoned troop transport, heading for the hills.

Ross watches him go ruefully. The 'Raider's transports were a klick away. He had no chance to pursue the trooper and prevent him from telling his tale to the higher-ups. He looks over the field of battle, then accompanies Lor back to the shed.

Final Score:
BIN: 11 kills
'Raiders': 12 kills, 1 escapee

Ross strides back towards the sheds, looking about. "Brag and Warhead fell easily. I supposed they thought that it was worth taking the risk."

He kneels over Von Bragallot's body and puts his hand on his face. A blazing glow of green light melts from his hand. "Lor, could you go drag Warhead out from the shed?" "Sure thing, boss", the heavy says, putting her gun down.

"Heavy sucker..."

"Here y'are, sir." "Thank you, Lor. You might want to grab his hat."

Lor watches as Ross kneels again. The glow comes and goes...

...and Warhead rises. His dark craw of a mouth opens, and his first words are- "Where's me damn hat?" Lor hands it to him.

Ross nods to her, and she goes off to the field of bodies. "Now that you've decided to join us, Warhead-" "It wasn't my fault! The damn sniper caught me eye socket!" "I'll make sure he's assigned to your squad then."

Von Brag clears his throat. "I believe it's a bit early to start unit assignments," he says. "We still have to deal with the fact that a squad of BIN troopers disappeared." Ross looks off into the distance, and says "Well, not quite."

"Pissing 'ell, you cann'a mean you let one of the bastiches escape, can ye?" Warhead growls, his eyes blazing at Ross. "Well it's not like they saw us revive anyone," Ross says, glaring back at him. "That's not the bloddy point!" Warhead says, raising his firearm. "The point is that the BIN now know that there's a doppleganger of the Admiral of the Immortal Empire's invasion force running around, along with the smelly wee twins of two advanced enemies of that same power!"

Ross frowns as Warhead finishes. "Knowing the official powers-that-be in the Boron Narc, they'll end up having a fit over which side to sell the info to, and it won't get out at all." He chuckles. "I get the feeling that they'll start sending heavier squads out to intercept our 'Raiders'. Perhaps we can use one of these new troopers to go and run a recon mission? If one escaped, another could have."

Brag disagrees vehemently. "No. We must disappear into the endless desert-" "What," Warhead says, "D'y have a giant worm ye'd rather be riding?" Brag gives him a look and continues. "-and leave them without a trace of a force existing here. Once Eve completes construction of the base, we'll be able to liberate Ilokan for our own purposes. They've taken every scientific observation ship they have, there is no chance of discovery of the waste's secrets without them. And with that, our victory is secured."

The trio looks at each other. Ross grins. "I get the feeling that if any of our counterparts saw us like this they'd lose their shit. Three mortal enemies of each other, plotting the downfall of an empire none of them care about." Warhead shakes his skull, saying, "In any cas', we've delayed too long already. Eve will be wait'ng."

The trio puts their hands together, and the mysterious glow blazes forth again. Von Brag lets a smile twist onto his face, and says, "With my knowledge of cloning techniques, Warhead's teknology of the Immortal Core energy transfer, and your access to the WarPortal system," he says, the light illuminating his face, "this planet's secret is as good as won. The Signature Avatars will be drawn here by a force unknown to them, and us sphincters of Souls will gain power exponential to that of their own."

They grin as one.

"The BrikSphere itself will tremble under our hammerfall. To the rise of Shard."

---------------------------------------
My first report in a while. Hope you enjoyed, sorry if it was a bit wordy, I got into it.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Wow! That was fun. Thanks Ross. Just goes to show that you can still have a great game without all the baseplates and posh Lego terrain. Great job!

I have no idea what Brag will make of all this. ???
:evil:
Sig-Fig Warhead: wrote: That one! The specky one behind me. He looks like someone with a beige carpet and a preference for those that are grossly underage. Be sure to have his head removed as punishment so I may send it to ShadowScythe for skull fucking. :twisted:

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:48 pm

Awesome, thanks.

But Darth had that head for his sigfig before Pedo did. I'll explain in the Armory thread once I post it...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Ah-hahahahahahahaha! :D I find that funny on so many levels... none of them subtle. Poor Darth... You're still gonna' cut his head off though, right? :)

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:35 pm

That depends on if you get to him before I do. :D You and him would probably constantly be bickering back at base. "All I'm saying is Priestess Paelin's a bit old to bed-" "You shut yer bloddy yap, young'n!"

Hey Pedo, if you're reading this- there is no bloody way I would ever encourage you to come back. That is not your sig-fig, and will never be your sig-fig.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 pm

That clone/relative/family member Von B seems smart, because I don't have a clue what he was talking about, but it seemed well thought-out :) He ought to gear himself up with some better stuff to uphold the family tradition of at least not falling to puny things like double lightsabres though ;)

Interesting plot Ross!

Edit: If he's a clone, he has reason not to try anything too funny towards the 'real' Sir Bragallot though :twisted:
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:39 pm

:shock: ...oh-oh! Dim recollection about Brags clones and that means! :shock: Medivo von Brag was just a clone! SHIT!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:28 am

Y U no make battlefield?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 pm

...BALLS. Just typed up a page or two of fluff for the Armory post and the fourm went and ATE it. Rrrgh...

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:53 pm

:D I mean, :cry: that's terrible!

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Forum goes OM NOM NOM!

Too bad it can't regurgitate it.