[AchmedVoice]What the hell happened to my feet[/AchmedVoice]

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

IX_Legion
Minifig

[AchmedVoice]What the hell happened to my feet[/AchmedVoice]

Post by IX_Legion » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:58 pm

So...Ninjago skeletons have these wierd black boxes on their feet...
At first I just thought it was some wierd ninja thing, but now the Pirates of the Carribean skeletons have them too.

So, my questions--what happened to the old skeleton legs (you know, the ones with feet), and why did LEGO change? And WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS SUPPOSED TO BE??? :?

The arms are wierd too, but I think they actually help skeletons hold weapons. Torsos are sort of neat as well. The legs, however... :mystery:

For those of you who don't get the title...
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:09 pm

Skeletons sport boots now. I kinda like that, if you mix and match it with regular skeleton legs, it can look quite fun. Especially for undead pirates.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:33 pm

I agree. It gives us more options. One boot and one foot on a skeleton makes it look more like an undead that rose from the graveyard instead of just a random skeleton.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:33 pm

yes, I was also quite a bit reluctant about the new skeleton bodies, arms, legs, everything. Then I purchased some from the ninjago stuff... and they're awesome. The feet are indeed booted, which make for a more realistic look, IMO, and the arms are much better, allowing for some pretty neat poses. I, personally, am kinda glad Lego changed them, and now can't wait until this kingdoms line has run it's course (even though there is some neat stuff this time around) so they can get back to the skeleton stuff!

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:15 am

They changed originally so they could fit in the Ninjago spinners I think. They might have kept it for Pirates so it looked like they had boots.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 pm

OneEye589 wrote:They changed originally so they could fit in the Ninjago spinners I think. They might have kept it for Pirates so it looked like they had boots.
That is what I was told as well. The feet change was so they could lock into the spinners the right way.
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:06 pm

I think the Ninjago training set with the dark tan skeletons had regular feet, so they wouldn't just be phasing out the old skeletons hopefully. Too lazy to check though.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:12 pm

Apparently not lazy enough.

There is ONE set in the PotC line that has the Ninjago skeleton feet, and that's because it's a skeleton Barbossa. There are TWO other sets with skeletons with regular feet. One set even has only skeleton feet with no bodies, so you could use them to change your Ninjago skeleton feet.

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Of the three types of skeletons, I like the Fantasy Era ones the best. I dislike the "dangly" arms of the original and I am nto too font of the Ninjago boots. But that does not mean I will reject Ninjago skeletons if they are given to me. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:22 pm

I like them all equally. It's nice to have some of the loose armed ones just because they're old, awesome, and you can use the arms for other cool things. The Ninjago skellies had some cool heads and armor and stuff, and I prefer the old style heads to the newer Fantasy era. They all have their pros and cons.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:34 pm

I have a hard time overlooking the fact that the newer arms are the wrong length for minifig arms. Claw-grip shoulders definitely make the new arms and torsos a lot more useful for other things though.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:45 pm

the arms are a bit of a dilemma for the new ones; I can't tell whether to be happy or sad. On the one side, they make for some really neat poses, and they look better because of the thickness and the fact that they're bent. On the other hand, the Fantasy Era arms were better for other building, and looked better on those skeletons (with the boots, the new arms look great, but without, they look a little fat). I also like the old Fantasy Era skeleton heads much better than almost all of the ninjago ones (except, of course, the ones that I stocked up on :D ). Ideally, I'd have a mix of both to make it look a bit more ragtag, but if I were given a choice, I'd go for the Ninjago ones.