Planet Brimstone

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Planet Brimstone

Post by Alex » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:16 am

In the farthest reaches of space lies the uninhabitable but mineral rich planet Brimstone. The planet is so distant and barren, little is known about it. What is known is thought to be mostly mostly myth. Some think that there are some OT deposits on the planet, but few are willing to take the risk to go there and try to find them. As the legend goes, the first explorers of the planet were a pair of Blacktron spacemen. In addition to the OT ore deposits, they found something even more mysterious, something they had never seen before, Black Transparent Ore. It seemed to pulse and distort the very air around them. Curious, they went in for a closer look:
As they drew nearer and touched the ore, its effects seemed to get even more noticeable. They began to feel a change in themselves, they were getting stronger, more powerful... and more evil.
They became the first of the Corrupted Spacemen, who were transformed by the ore. The Black Transparent ore contains some kind of dark antimatter which warps, twists and corrupts anything near it. The Blacktron Spacemen absorbed the biggest portion of the ore's power, and are therefore the most powerful and most evil of the Corrupted Spacemen. Their powers and abilities are far beyond those of their original forms. Their bodies have been transformed into a form of plasma, which is contained inside their spacesuits. The BT ore affects inorganic matter as well their weapons have also became transformed into more powerful forms.
As time went other, other spacemen from various places found their way to the planet Brimstone, not knowing what lurked on the planet's surface. Very few returned. The Corrupted Spacemen tried to get others to join them by absorbing BT antimatter as they had. The few who did became plasma based entities like the corrupted Blacktrons, but in a slightly weaker form. The majority of other explorers, however, tried to resist, and were killed. Afterwards, their corpses were exposed to the BT antimatter, creating the Undead Corrupted Spacemen, who are evil space skeletons. They are weaker than the living Corrupted Spacemen, but are far more numerous, and still very deadly.
The BT antimatter strengthens someone's natural abilities in addition to making them more evil. Those who were good with ranged weapons become more proficient with them, those who are skilled with melee weapons become better with them, and so forth.
More Undead Corrupted Spacemen. These ones are stealthier, and carry a kind of RT plasma rifle.
The few survivors quickly fled back to their planets, never to return. As their tales of these monsters made it back to neighboring systems, there was a general consensus that something had to be done to prevent this evil from spreading across the universe. Somehow the Corrupted Spacemen hadn't managed to get their hands on any space ships yet, but if they managed to corrupt one, things could get ugly very fast. Someone had to go back to planet Brimstone and eradicate this threat, or at least contain them until a solution could be found, (like how exactly they could kill plasma based entities.)
Only one company of mercenaries was foolhardy (and money hungry) enough to volunteer for the job, the Space Sharks:
These are the pilots and other members who won't (hopefully) see much front line combat. However, they are issued plasma shotguns just in case.
Standard Space Shark infantry. They wear power suits, which in addition to giving them extra armor, gives them increased strength as well, at the cost of decreased mobility. They wield laser rifles with buzzsaw bayonets attached for when enemies get too close.
The close combat troopers use combination chainsaw/flamethrowers.
The leader of the Space Sharks, Captain Bruce "Jaws" Johnson, who either gets his name from having chewed out someone's jugular in a fight, or from the way that he chews out his subordinates when they screw up, depending on who you ask. He is an experienced soldier who has been in many battles. He wields a heavy caliber HMG with an OTC bayonet.
He drives a Tigershark hovercycle, which is equipped with dual HMGs.
This is the front view of the Hammerhead Assault Shuttle, which deploys the Space Sharks into combat zones.
Passengers enter through a large door in the rear of the ship.
The Hammerhead technically seats four, with extra room for equipment, but it can also carry an extra 4 troopers in powersuits and their weapons. It is a well armored ship, which even has an OT windshield for added protection. The only real weakness is a lack of mobility. "But what about weapons?" you might comment, "It looks like it's pretty defenseless against attacks from other ships." the answer to this is that looks can be decieving:
The Hammerhead is armed with 24 YT plasma rockets, two large rockets , and two smaller multi-shot rocket launchers. It's pretty capable of defending itself.
Having established a forward base of operations, will the advance team of Space Sharks succeed in keeping the forces of the Corrupted Spacemen at bay, or will they be overrun? More news on this story as it develops.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:19 am

This is an incredibly cool force. The chainsaw flamethrowers are a :ftw:.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:31 am

They remind me of the Vol. Awesome!

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:46 am

If I were a minifig, I would be terrified right now.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:49 am

AWESOME in every way!!

the ship is beyond epic.

Elmagnifico
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Elmagnifico » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:16 am

Your hammerhead assault shuttle is made of win, IMO
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.

White Nun
Dimmy

Post by White Nun » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:37 am

The transformation of the first two corrupted spacemen is as creepy as anything. The expressions of despotic and manical glee on their faces are as fascinating as they are horrible.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:20 am

I love the space sharks -- their weapons make the chainsaw gun in Gears of War look pathetic, that Assault Shuttle is full of win, and the hover cycle ain't bad either. The Corrupted Spacemen are cool too -- especially the stealth ones. Overall this gives me the impression that it would be part of a LEGO Classic-Space set line. We need more armies like that. Awesome work!

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:57 am

Wow, great job! I love the backstory with the skeletons, as well as the actual skeletons :D .

Like everyone else, I love the shuttle, very compact, and the wing structure is amazing. I want to see more of these guys, so keep updating this!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Wow indeed, these are a great looking undead army. 8)

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Thanks guys. Hopefully more of both will be made in the future.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I may have to use the space skellies, I think they are my favorite, although the shuttle is pretty cool too.

subyrally
Cannon Fodder

Post by subyrally » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:18 am

what would happen if Warhead got ahold of this BT material? would it make the already Badass hard core Warhead into an even more epic form (is it even possible?) or would it, in corruption the original, turn Warhead into something truely horrible?
"Warning: Small children may present a choking hazard when consumed."

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Or would he revert into a nice, law-abiding, living citizen?

:mystery:
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Where do you think BT comes from? Hold on, I think I may have some more for you... :oops: NUuuuuugh! *poop!* ...ahhh! :P That stuff's pure Evuuul!