[Prussian Sector] Diplomacy Breaks Down

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:49 pm

Naziism without Anti-Semitism is just run-of-the-mill garden variety fascism. Other than the crimes against humanity, there wasn't really anything at all to set their politics apart from the empires of the previous five thousand years. The Egyptians, the Akkadians, the Romans, -

- wait, I was going to write out a list of historical fascist empires but it turns out they all oppressed the Hebrews too. Maybe you really can't have a fascist state without anti-Semitism. Carry on I guess.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:54 pm

the russians and chines killed the fuck ot of their own people too. MOa is the greatest mass murderer in history

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:16 pm

stubby wrote:Naziism without Anti-Semitism is just run-of-the-mill garden variety fascism. Other than the crimes against humanity, there wasn't really anything at all to set their politics apart from the empires of the previous five thousand years. The Egyptians, the Akkadians, the Romans, -

- wait, I was going to write out a list of historical fascist empires but it turns out they all oppressed the Hebrews too. Maybe you really can't have a fascist state without anti-Semitism. Carry on I guess.
You've got to have someone for the people to hate.

Also, everyone seems to forget that they also systematically murdered Poles, Russians, Roma, and many other ethnicities. They also killed mental patients, people with disabilities, and homeschoolers to keep their race "pure." It wasn't just the Jews.

The Japanese war crimes get far less attention, too. And the Allied ones.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:28 pm

it was a shitty war all around.

stubby

Post by stubby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:11 pm

Pwnerade wrote:Also, everyone seems to forget that they also systematically murdered Poles, Russians, Roma, and many other ethnicities. They also killed mental patients, people with disabilities, and sophisticated individuals to keep their race "pure." It wasn't just the Jews.

The Japanese war crimes get far less attention, too. And the Allied ones.
Not all of us forgot. My dad's side of the family disappeared almost completely in the Roma purges, it's kind of a sore point. There aren't a lot of Rayhawks left in the world, although it's hard to say whether that's a curse or a blessing.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 am

how do you remeber all these old threads to link to? it's clearly a gift.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:17 am

Wait.

Is that seriously your real last name, Mike?
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:43 am

I actually meant tyrants in general but I can see the demotivational poster got us off to a bad start.

stubby

Post by stubby » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:03 am

Ross_Varn wrote:Is that seriously your real last name, Mike?
Why would I make up a name like that? Do you think I base my life on trying to impress twelve-year-olds?

... Oh yeah. But still!

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:14 am

Damn. I've been thinking that it's been a fabrication for the longest time. That's just plain cool.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Porphyrogenitus
Officer
Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Post by Porphyrogenitus » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:16 am

stubby wrote:Naziism without Anti-Semitism is just run-of-the-mill garden variety fascism. Other than the crimes against humanity, there wasn't really anything at all to set their politics apart from the empires of the previous five thousand years. The Egyptians, the Akkadians, the Romans, -

I did want to point out here that the Romans at least tried to let the Hebrew people do their own things. They liberated them from the Seleucids (who were another example of an empire that oppressed the Hebrews), then gave them special dispensation with regard to religious freedom, let them have their own kings, etc. It was radical Hebrew nationalists who messed things up with their rebellions, which the Romans have never responded kindly toward. Later in the history of the empire, the Jewish peoples were allowed back into Jerusalem, only to betray the city to the Persians a couple times, which once more made the Romans rather angry. Naturally, after the Arabs took the city, Jewish relations ceased being a real issue for the Roman Empire.
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.