The Unmortal

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:26 pm

Pacifass covers syntax errors now? That's odd.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:invincible gimmick
Immortals, fragments of Warhead's soul that are killed rather than Warhead himself...

How is that not an invincibility gimmick? Sure, there is good back story behind his stuff, but remember that he has been building this army for decades. How do you know that it wasn't all started by an "invincibility gimmick" and just developed over time?

You won't let PN develop anything, you just slam him at the first little hint of killing an Immortal and start a riot over the internet. The more you freak out at him, the more it looks like you guys are just elementary school kids ganging up on that one kid in the playground because he wants to play with you.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:09 pm

:troll:

No, Pedo's been an ass as well. But I do agree people should freak out less when he just posts something random.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:46 pm

aoffan23 wrote:
Ross_Varn wrote:invincible gimmick
Immortals, fragments of Warhead's soul that are killed rather than Warhead himself...

How is that not an invincibility gimmick? Sure, there is good back story behind his stuff, but remember that he has been building this army for decades. How do you know that it wasn't all started by an "invincibility gimmick" and just developed over time?

You won't let PN develop anything, you just slam him at the first little hint of killing an Immortal and start a riot over the internet. The more you freak out at him, the more it looks like you guys are just elementary school kids ganging up on that one kid in the playground because he wants to play with you.
I didn't make that happen, it just sort of clicked into place by Forum collective will. I was honoured. You make it sound like I did it with the intent of making myself something grand. When I already was... sort of being Fanboyed to death at the time for some reason. Splintering was a way to make Warhead less than he was becoming to be portrayed by others in their own battles. It didn't work as well as I'd hoped in that sense but as backstory it was pure gold IMO, AND lets not forget it was Elmagnifico that came up with it. As to PedoNuker, he keeps showing up, and I'll keep slapping him about. Boo-hoo. He made the choices to place him where he is today. Deal with it. Why should we let him do anything? He had his chance and blew it out his arse more than once, I am not in a forgiving mood yet, he still has some way to go.

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:19 am

Wow, I have to say that once I get my stuff together, im making a few of these! MS paint, here I come! :lol:

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:50 pm

aoffan23 wrote:Immortals, fragments of Warhead's soul that are killed rather than Warhead himself...

How is that not an invincibility gimmick?
There's a big difference between immortality and invincibility. If I'm playing a battle against someone who can be defeated, who cares if he'll be back for another battle later? I can still have a fun battle, their immortality makes no difference whatsoever. If I'm playing a battle against something that automatically wins (or can't lose, which is close enough to the same thing), then there's no point in playing at all.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Yup, the Immortal gimmick means that characters can have some reasonable excuse for comeback battles. They are a bit overpowered one to one stats wise but there shouldn't be many occasions when there are many of them on the table at the same time. I think people expect Immortals to be like Pedonukers or Asterios idea of what an Immortal would be if they had control. Game Breaking. As has been shown on here over the past year, even in ZZD, they don't always... or sadly often win.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:36 pm

At least they always look cool and the Maniacs are hilarious as hell, which is what it's about right? 8)
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:42 pm

And if I'm so into myself then explane the Wallies? :lol:

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:46 pm

stubby wrote:There's a big difference between immortality and invincibility.
Exactly. The best part is when the Immortals are total badasses and a lot of fun to write and play- that way they get to come back later, still badass, still entertaining, but not game-breaking.

I honestly am on Warhead's side here. And you're all going to jump down my throat about 'oh god now we're picking SIDES you idiot' and whatnot, but I can sum up my entire argument in this thread in four words-
Ross_Varn wrote:Hey Pedo.

Get.

The.

Fuck.

OUT.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:52 pm

I count six, ah-ha-ha!
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Hoboman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Hoboman » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Bragallot wrote:Image

I count six, ah-ha-ha!
You beat me to it and you did so with style. Well done. :wink:
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:05 am

I count six, ah-ha-ha!
:owned:

@Warhead: I see your point, but I think it would have been cool to see a struggle between the Immortals and PN's guys. It would have made a good developing story, with a couple of Immortals getting killed to actually make a plot.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

benkim123
Dimmy

Post by benkim123 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:15 am

Night Elves are/were immortal as well, does anyone complain about that? :D

God, I'm dumb.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:08 pm

aoffan23 wrote:

I count six, ah-ha-ha!
:owned:

@Warhead: I see your point, but I think it would have been cool to see a struggle between the Immortals and PN's guys. It would have made a good developing story, with a couple of Immortals getting killed to actually make a plot.
No it wouldn't because the ballerina can not listen, will not corroborate and does not share. I know the type. I have experienced it's like before and here we are again looking at another one in the guise of Assretardios. These people can not be worked with. Elmagnifico, Shadowsythe, and many many others... in fact just about everyone else so far can and has to some degree helped with the Immortal story.