Spartan Units.

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Spartan Units.

Post by Silent Mobius » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:01 pm

Ok so most of us have seen the movie 300 right? So hows about some Spartan units! The movie was awesome and brikwars is awesome. Therefore these go together like two peas in a pod.

This is a regular unit by the way.

Move 6"
Armor 4
Skill Rolls 1d6

Speacialties:

Dining in hell- Should the minifig ever during the game eat or even have just a little nibble of anything it will trigger this ability. 3 or lower and the roll is failed, the Spartan is transported literally to hell and dies instantly. 4- Nothing happens and the spartan is free to eat or spit out what was in his mouth. 5 and up- the Spartan is not transported to hell and spits what he was eating powerfully back at an enemy or his attacker.
(Depending on what he was eating the attack could be a number of things.
You may use what I say goes rules as necessary)

Slow-mo Precision- Any Spartan taking an attacking action once every two turns may use this ability. To activate this skill you must roll a 5 or more. Time slows down for the Spartan giving him more precision in his strike. *If he is throwing his weapon give him a +1 in his roll. If he is in close combat pick a spot on the opponents body. 5 or better and depending on armor the part will be slashed off of the minifig in a bloody mess.
(Note: No decapitation unless the opposing unit is allready about to die anyways. If so have fun with that!)

Sparta Boot Kick When an opponent is standing near a ledge and the Spartan is in range he may take one attacking action to kick said minifig off of the ledge. As long as he can yell something really loud and obnoxiously at the top of his lungs while he does it. (Discuss with the others about how much damage the fig will take upon landing.)

Optional:

Spartan Defense Wall- When the spartans join in a squad give them each +2 to their armor.

*(Range For Spear throwing is allways 3")

So any suggestions or comments?

Throwing food around randomly just got <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> more fun!
Get that corn outta my face!

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:32 pm

wow that would be seriuosly fun1 that makes me want to make a lego spartan now!

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:49 am

It's amazing how alike we think. Great minds think alike, said someone. Me and my mates have been talking about creating a Spartan class, but we haven't had time. But for that unit, I say that increase the armor for 5 and give him some CC bonus. Come on, spartans can beat anyone in mano a mano fight.

Slow-mo Precision is cool, but is the +1 for all rolls? And 3" for thrown spear is way too little, I say it's at least 5".

Sparta Boot Kick is cool, too, but it changes nothing, since a shove can do the exact same trick. So I say it should include some more.

Spartan Defense Wall is just what I thought, but in different form. We thought that Spartans would be total opposite of Ninjas in this: the more Spartans, better they are, and more they cost. But this is easier, I must admit. I believe that means that even if the squad consists of 300 Spartans, all have only that +2 to their armor, am I right?

And for the Spartan minifig, my brother made one last night in about 10 minutes (most of the time he searched for parts). It looks cool, when you know that we don't have too much minifig parts. I can get photo of that here, if you guys want.
Elämän tie läpi varjojen vie.
~Terapia
<><

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:02 am

Thats cool you and your mates were thinking of one of these too. I really don't have that many good pieces either but with some (Peach 0_-) princessleah slaver legs and a torso I managed to make a pretty good one. Too bad I don't have a camera though... I think your Idea of pics is a good one.

No just plus one for his ranged attack throw. Also I only put 3" because I consider Spartans to be mainly close combat fighters not ranged spear throwers. But I think five inches is well and good.

I agree with your opinion on the boot kick although I wouldnt know where to start to add on to it.

Yes you are right in that part. Even if the squad consisted of an indefinate amount of Spartans they would all have only that +2 bonus to armor.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:24 am

Well, for a 300 style Spartan we don't have too good parts, my brother made full-armored one. I believe you'll have parts for one too, it's much easier than 300 styled. Only visible body parts are his face and arms. He even has fighting gloves :)
I'll have to try and assemble a 300 style Spartan.

That +1 for the spear, is it for skill? It would be logical, when you can target a slower unit.

For the boot kick, I have an idea. It might be same as yours, but this will distinguish it from shove: when you want to shove someone, you'll have to go CC, so enemy can block your shove or hit back (if you fail). The boot kick doesn't need CC, you just go and kick him in the stomach, and he's gone. That isn't much, but all what I have come up with. Sorry if exactly what you had in mind, but I'm on a bit slow mood right now :P

When I first read your post, I understood that it's +2 for every Spartan. Then I read it again and punched myself. Sometimes my brains do some work of their own, and I have to do everything again. But yeah, that is quite functional type of Spartan. Well done :)
~Terapia
<><

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:34 am

Why thanks.

Yes the +1 is for when using the skill only.

I love that boot kick idea. My mind is probably moving much slower than yours considering its 3:30 in the morning here.

Yes a Full armored spartan is much much easier. I'm assuming you don't particularly like minifigs right? or you only buy huge tubs of pure bricks =)
I tend to order my armors and weapons off the internet and Red Bean Studios definitely has a great set of armor for a spartan. I only designed my Spartan off of the 300 version because thats what these stats were leaning twards. But I totally watched the History channel version and those guys were cool too.

Houndis
Officer

Post by Houndis » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:18 am

Hmm, I've never stopped to think what the clock there would be, but now it popped to my head. When it was 3:30 there, here it was 11:30. So only 8 hours of difference, not so big deal :wink:

Well, in fact I like minifigs more than other. I'm not too good constructing vehicles or buildings, but I really enjoy making different movie characters or something like that if I have time and inspiration. I would love to buy weapons and stuff from Red Bean Studios and BrickArms, but when you have to get it to another side of the ocean, it's not that cheap. Also I don't really know how to pay it. So be happy to live in the same country :P

I made the 300 style Spartan, but I prefer the armored type. All the body is yellow but the waist. Then he has black spear, large and round grey shield, red cape and the only Spartan-alike helmet LEGO makes, so it's not too great. It looks so boring :)

I was thinking if a Spartan squad should get some attack bonus as well as +2 armor, when I remembered that squad attack is already much more powerful than individual, so let's just forget any attack boost.

But for the skill of Spartan, should he get some CC boost (as a Ninja or Ninja Scum), for he is one of the most effective infantry unit of ancient times.
~Terapia
<><

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Post by __Nero__ » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:19 pm

I just had an idea. Shouldn't they get like plus one armor when being attacke by archers because in the movie they make a shield wall to block the arrows. Just a suggestion.
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:25 pm

That would be the spartan defense wall. It's properly called a phalanx formation, by the way. If there are more of them, theres more defense.
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:33 pm

o ok. Srry I'm alittle slow from a long day of school.
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:09 am

King of Brix wrote:That would be the spartan defense wall. It's properly called a phalanx formation, by the way. If there are more of them, theres more defense.
Thanks for telling me. I knew it was the Palanx formation I just couldn't put my finger on it.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:13 am

With that many spiecial abilities spartans would cost so mutch that a whole sqaud of them seems unlikely.
Last edited by piltogg on Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muskotti
Battlefield General

Post by Muskotti » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:06 pm

piltogg wrote:With that manny spiecial abilities spartans would cost so mutch that a whole sqaud of them seems unlikely.
Unless if you've got lots and lots of CPs. In a really big fight Spartans could be quite ok. Dunno.

__Nero__
Nice

Post by __Nero__ » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Well even if you do have enough points u may not have enough pieces. I only had enough pieces to make one spartan :(
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:09 pm

What do your Spartans look like? Do you have pictures?
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.