Heroica

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

sjosten
Minifig

Heroica

Post by sjosten » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:31 am

I got the Caverns part and it's fairly cool. What do you guys think?
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

GeneralOfDeath
Cannon Fodder

Post by GeneralOfDeath » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:35 am

You topic ninja! Anyway, I was wondering if it was any good. Some of the weapons look like they would do well in Brikwars.
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:30 pm

The weapons would be great, except they're a little small. This does give us more detailed wands and a short sword though.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:53 pm

I got all 4, they're cool if you want a quick game. There's really no chance to "lose," so if you want it to be competitive play as a rece between players to get to the end/kill the boss.

We've made up rules for monsters moving: they don't start moving until they see a player, a player moving across its line-of-sight but not stopping still makes it come after them, golems move 1, werewolves move 3, and everything else moves 2. I think it works fairly well.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:44 pm

I'm planning on getting the big set for all of the one-stud tile pieces, shuttered windows, zipline things, and brown neck brackets. I may play around with it a little, but it will mostly be for the parts.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:52 pm

agreed. I'm thinking about some of the sets for the pieces (namely the one with the trans-blue axe heads, sexy!) But I think it might open up a mini campaign type thing where players get to choose where they go on a big map and then the scene changes to real minifigs. it's something I have to try out, but it might work. we'll see.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:22 pm

In the time between my last post and now, I've grown pretty fond of the idea. I think these are the best LEGO games so far, since it's extremely easy to make your own game. The other games all have separate rules, so in order to make a new game, you'd have to come up with your own rule set. With Heroica, you can use the universal (I presume) rules, and change up the mission. All you have to do is make a new map, add some new objectives, and you're golden.

That being said, I plan on making a few of my own missions, and I have a bunch of dark tan 1-stud tiles waiting to be used for a desert scenario. :D
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Ranger S2H
Minifig
Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Post by Ranger S2H » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:38 pm

I was thinking about getting one of these, as well as the bazaar game for all the shiny objects
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?

Lordofdragonss
Nice Dubs

Post by Lordofdragonss » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:35 am

I have the Waldurk, and It's pretty fun to play.

Now I'm trying to modify the rules to make more RPG feel.
LORD OF KURVINIA KINGDOM