BEHOLD! I GIVE YOU A BRIKWARS BATTLE FULL OF AWESOME!

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Skyian Leader
Minifig

BEHOLD! I GIVE YOU A BRIKWARS BATTLE FULL OF AWESOME!

Post by Skyian Leader » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Okay, so, for my first game i decide to test out the rules in the most flawed way imaginable. I get 2 friends, and meet in one of there basements, and bring our entire collections into the fray. I took my themed rag-tag army, and marched them up against Mr duckies hoge-pog of infantry randomness, and a nother friend, who took his entire collection into the field (Except for a handfull of dudes and the bear calvery. Here is his ground forces:

normally i only post images with decent quality, so sorry about this blurry pic, but this is just a Overwatch

^ this is this dedicated dropship, a squad of 4 Vader's in the back, 2 creeper like exploding green aliens, and a light but heavly armed attack craft off to the side.

^ another close up pic of the attack craft, i guess my camera did not like to zoom or take clear pics. this will give you just a gist of it however.

^ah yes, the cutter i made for him a while back. it is hollow on the inside, and heavily armoured. My only hope for taking it down was my starhawk bomber. It is severely under gunned, in brickwars terms, for it only has 4 forward facing laser guns, and a turret mounted dual laser gun under the cockpit. however, it can hold a large # of troops, and can change that troop compartment to hold bombs (but he used it for troops anyways)

^ i only hoped that the AT-AT would not go after my forces, for once again, only my air support was ready to deal with threats like these.

^and at this point im beginning to feel that i've stepped in over my head. A ship brisling with weapons, but as the battle raged on, i began to wonder if it had more of a bark than a bite.

^and he has even more stuff! the mechas here would prove to be a pain in my ass as the battle raged on.

^ if you haven't realized, the is kinda a starwars fan, just to let you know...

^ from my perspective, these men were on the left, and i hoped that i did not have to deal with them, for...

^ ...these were on the right, and facing my troops. I had to deal with a crap load of skeletons, a witch, a warlock, and a couple of hired hands, which one held a mini gun.

^his giant walker throne, with him seated on it (as in his character, not him himself, for that would just be silly!)

^ the bear Calvary he had did not make an appearance, sadly.

^ Gah, more fighters!?! my Hotrod MrkII Interceptors are going to have a tough time!

^ oh yeah, he also had a pirate ship on a blue blanket, the blue representing water.

-+- Skyian Units -+-

^An Overwatch of MY ground forces. yes, this is all i had, and i was feeling quite nervous at my chances. I had 3 squads, one of normal infantry with a medic and a hero, then a combat-droid squad with anti infantry weapons and a engineer to repair any if they fell. My last real squad was combat-droids with launchers, and a engineer. I had a 3rd engineer to add redundancy, and a big brown biconical that i had no idea for what it was going to do. And i also had the tank, a scout speeder, and another hero. There was also two defensive structures, one was a giant gatling cannon, and another was a outpost with 4 miniguns on it.

^the squad with the Anti infantry weapons. There are two drones with Quad Rotary Plasma Blasters, essentially a level 2, 4 shot weapon. Another drone has a lvl 2 minigun, 5 shot weapon. My friend argued that it was over powered for the model, and i agreed to let it be lvl 1, but keep the lvl 2 range. The Silver combat droid is the officer, and holds a staff weapon dangerous at close range as well as afar. the small spider next to the mechanic adds +D6 to the mechanics range for gathering tools.

^ my right flank. I gave the troopers a dual barreled lvl 2 weapon, which would wreak havoc on the skeletons and hired hands of the opposing army. you see the red shirt, spoiler alert, he dies. Also, the fearsome 8 shot lvl 5 gatling cannon. It was supposed to be AA, and lvl 5 was way OP, so i nocked the strenght down to 3D6, and increased the range a tad, due to the long barrel.

^ the miniguns short range caused this to be ineffective, and leaving me to wish that i put a cannon on this so it would do something at range.

^ the last squad, with 2 drones with rocket launchers, one launching a RPC! The silver commander had a missile tube with plenty of reloads.

^ my spare mechanic, on a floating mechanic barge. It would serve him well threw the battle

-+- Mr Duckies Forces -+-

^ Mr Duckines flank facing me. there is the people grinder, a windmill for senery, a catapult, and a ballista. also in the right side of the pic, there is a barn which spawned D3 minifigs each turn.

^ the middle of his forces pretty much. he had a tube of unassembled minifigs that he was to lazy to assemble before the battle.

^ Mr duckies castle. While bringing it downstairs, he tripped when he reached the bottom, but managet to keep the big box in his arms from falling and spilling. It still hit the ground and shattered, but was rebuilt in time. It spawned D6 people each turn, but had terrible roles.

^ As you can see, a full Overwatch of the battle. I feel that im stuck between a rock and a hard place

Thus ends deployment.
turn order: my friend with the starwars stuff, then Mr. Duckie, then me

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Turn 1&2&3

Post by Skyian Leader » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Well, some of turn 1 was already shown, opps! anyways, it was all moving, not a lot of shooting happening, for we were all out of range. except for my fearsome Beam cannon mounted on the tank, being a lvl 12 gun.

^The ship had an armour rating of 4, and had 30 hits. The tanks Beam Cannon scored over 100 damage (wow!), and overwhemed the armour value 3 times, causing 3 structure points of damage! only 27 left... this will take a while.

^the castle spawns some guys... thats about it

My planes move onto the battle field. blurry pic, i know, but something must of been wrong with my phone camera that day.

^his army Juggernauts forward. off to the right bottom corner you can see my scout bike getting close to engage the enemy. I say good luck to it. Also, it seems that I have attracted the ships attention, for it turns this way.

^ Turn two resulted in 2 of my fighters pealing off and attacking his ambushing fighter forces, and right away ripping off 3 of 11 structure points off a A-Wing. Instead of having lvl 3&4 guns, my friend said that only the measure of the barrel of the weapon counted, and not the housing behind it with the ammo and the firing mechanisms. I rolled with it, and managed to do damage anyway, even though the chain guns in my army had been knocked down to one shot because they only have one barrel. There goes 70% of the fire power that my planes and bomber was supposed to be able to dish out... :no: :fu: :man:
ah well, its all in good fun, maybe im wrong, and it is just the barrel that matters.

^ my ground forces after turn 2. My infantry moves up to engage the skeletons at range, but one combat droid is blasted by a lvl 3 weapon, and dies. the mechanic moves in to repair the damage. you can also see the Gatling cannon train it's barrel on a off screen A-wing. the rocket squad stays put, not sure if to engage mr duckie, or move over to engage the Advancing Juggernaut of stuff.

^ mr duckie moves most of his forces to engage me, and sends out some infantry to fight a AT-AT and a pirate ship with.

^ My other friend moves up his units, the mechas and the SHIP heading for me, while his cutter and drop ship move to engage mr duckies forces. The AT-AT lumbers onward, and the pirate ship sails onward to shore, full of men with swords and axes. The throne walker proceeds to remain still and here is a spoiler: it will pretty much not move for the remainder of the battle.

^ mr duckies dune buggy thing crit fails launching a rocket at the boat, and it explodes, but doesn't do any damage other than destroying the weapon mount.

^ mr duckie sends out this guy to take down the SHIP. With a hovering seat and a lvl 1 gun, i say good luck.

^ my Gatling cannon has found a target, and fired, scoring 5 hits. After a overwhelming amount of critical successes (statistically with 15 dice, the 6 will show up around 3 times), i destroy the A-wing by surpassing the armor value (he rolled a 18) 8 times! Then, my opponent says that he kamakizies the plane into the bomber. I protest, saying the thing was shredded by the amount of fire power that was fired at it, but he critical successes on the heroic actions table, and gets a 8, crashing it into my bomber (he literary hit it with the A-wing) scraping off the engines on the port side and then exploding into the ground. that's why you can see my bombers engines underneath the A-wing model.

^ the other A-wing receives harrasing fire from my Star hawk bombers now one shot machine guns due to one barrel logic, etc etc, taking away 2 structure points.

^ Another Mrk II hot-rod interceptor engages his vtol engines on the side, and 'slides' sideways up to the tie fighter, Raking it with cannon fire, taking off 3 structure points while precariously balancing on top of the chair.

^at this point me and Mr. Duckie made a truce on the battlefield, which will last as long as the SHIP is intact. My other 2 Mrk II Hot-rod Interceptors move up with his little attack fighter, strafing the guns of the SHIP, and attempting to cause component damage.

^ the guns from the SHIP tear apart my droids, annihilating all of the Anti infantry droids. yet curiously, he doesn't attack the mechanic... which will cost him. later, we realized that his guns had been so succesfull because he had forgot to roll to hit, and went strait onto rolling to damage! gar...

^ As you can see, our fighter craft was fairly successful, stripping 3 of the turrets from there mounting.

^ my human troops are still alive however, and fire on the skeletal minions, killing 4. The scout hoverbike rockets foward, trying to spear a guy. he doges, and leaves the scout bike doomed to die without killing anyone. :(

Next up: turn 4+

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:16 pm

:shock: OH MY!

Massive scale battle with tons of awesome vehicles? :ftw:
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:51 am

Epic battle, love it. How long did it take to play this? Must have been the whole day...
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 am

It isn't just the barrel that matters. The whole firing mechanism is important. See the black firing mechanism inside my ship here:

▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 am

@Apollyon: Thanks! and it took us about 10 hours before we decided to call it quits.

@Natalya: okay, thats what i thought, thanks. And why don't we see more of your big ship in action? It looks too cool to be on shelfs! In fact, thats what inspired me to make a SHIP, but they never turned out right, or the laws of physics ripped the middles open because of the weight.

Skyian Leader
Minifig

turn 5

Post by Skyian Leader » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:51 am

Turn 5, in not any particular order:

^ Mr duckies units move forward.

^ my forces. my mechanic was able to rebuild all but one droid, and unfortuanatly it was the silver leader. My Tank has been doing nothing but trying to shoot the SHIP, and missing every time, even at ranges of less than 24" away!!! we make the corny joke of that it can't hit the broad side of a space ship.

^ as all 3 combat droids turn there attention to the wizard after my human troops shread all of the skelingtons AGAIN at the help of the bomber, the wizard prepares to draw up a mighty spell, shaking the camera man in the process, and eventually makes him say, 'Aw, F*ck this' and stops attempting to take a clear pic of what is gong on. (I must of taken 5 pics of this, each one blurry. WTF?)

^ He heroicly passes the feat, and draws up a protective energy barrier, granting him +30 armour! (i just went with it, i just was hoping to kill one of them)

^ first the mini-gun opened up, concentrating all 5 shots at the figurine. I said 'I have yet to see man outsmart bullet' (totally not quoting TF2) and rolled. After the dust (and dice) settle, the minigun had managed to overwhelm the shield. I then fired with one of the quad rotary plasma blaster, but the witch all of a sudden became a red shirt, and took all the damage, wiping the lower half of her from existence. The wizard which was still alive, prepares to necromancy all of the killed units again, but i smile wickedly, and said 'oh no you don't!' firing with the last Quad rotary plasma blaster. one shot missed, but the other 3 shots hit. the wizard managed to doge one shot, but the other shots still connected, dealing almost 20 damage to the minifig, and properly killing the little bugger!

^meanwhile, Mr Duckies wizard used his magic to change the pilot of the AT-AT into a disco guy, and causing the pilot to lose the pilot ability.

^ we are also told that the AT-AT is full of dudes, so he changes that by turning 2 storm troopers into chicks!

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Re: turn 5

Post by Apollyon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 am

Skyian Leader wrote: Image
^meanwhile, Mr Duckies wizard used his magic to change the pilot of the AT-AT into a disco guy, and causing the pilot to lose the pilot ability.
Haha! One of the most hilarious feats i have seen on these boards. Worthy of an Almighty Benny.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Brikboyz
Officer

Post by Brikboyz » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Haha! One of the most hilarious feats I have seen on these boards. Worthy of an Almighty Benny.
I would agree! I wish I could give you a benny for this but lack the powuh!
Too many bricks, never enough time.

mr.duckie
Officer

Post by mr.duckie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 pm

i knew i could get away with this crap if i made it funny enough. :wink:

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:14 am

The walking throne is an awesome idea.

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:40 am

OneEye589 wrote:The walking throne is an awesome idea.
Agreed! It looks awesome, I want more pics of it. And a fun battle to boot, thanks for the report so far and really hope you all had fun. Duckie's disco-feat was hilarious.

morganm
Dimmy

Post by morganm » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:52 am

Epic brikwar awesomeness... well played by all!

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:07 am

Brikboyz wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Haha! One of the most hilarious feats I have seen on these boards. Worthy of an Almighty Benny.
I would agree! I wish I could give you a benny for this but lack the powuh!
:ftw: :csi: :protip: :<3: :boss:
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:50 pm

Thanks guys! More turns coming soon, probably tonight if I get back from games day chicago early enough. But you know, american trains suck compared to european trains. It took us an hour and a half to get a mile from the train station. Gar!!!!