CONQUEST! - Space Warfare Game

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Warhead
kaka pants

CONQUEST! - Space Warfare Game

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:28 am

http://www.clicktaz.com/?source=100000914526140

For those that are interested in a Space Combat, Empire Building, Resource Mining, Intrigue and Piracy then use the above link and then POST here.

I've been playing for less than a week now and have managed to get to the point where I'm ready to begin to raid my fellow man or thing, and nail his green slimy snuggle tentacles to my battlestandard.

I'm presently part of an Alliance but would be looking to start my own, if there are enough of you plunderous space piratey types to help out with the raiding and killing and the looting and general carnage.

STARTING (I'll update as I go).

You will have player protection up until you reach a Power Level of 2000 unless you do something to remove it. Like switching it off or attacking something.

Try not to give in to the urge to cluster your stations and satellites together. They only make a more tempting target to raids.

When placing Resource Satelites the resource you want will need to be close to one of your existing units. So either task a fast Fleet unit or set up close to your other stuff.

Resources, upgrades and Research updates are key. Make the most as economically as you can. Build Trade Stations to trade (at an exorbitant exchange rate to begin with) surplus Crew or Energy. Ore and Credits are mana from heaven and only for trade if you are desperate, about to lose some as you lack storage or are clinically insane.

Being a member of an alliance is a very good idea, especially when you get to the end of your protection. Pick one near you, but watch out. Some New guys switch allegiances like ammo clips. Well get to making our own soon enough but for now we learn.

You'll need Research and Trade Stations as soon as you can, multiple stations DO NOT combine their efforts and are of no worth other as a back up, which is uneconomical.

Resource Satellites also do not combine their resource gathering efforts if placed on the same resource, just get over it.

Fleets cost Crew resource to buy and Energy Resource to fuel. You'll need only so much Crew as it will build up over time while Energy is highly important, and either are handy to trade for Ore or Credits.

The way the game is structured you'll need to complete certain upgrades to get to the next level, do not despair, upgrades are all good. Try to think more about getting resources than in defence or attack until you get to 2000 points of power level you're safe enough unless you fuck things up.

Don't share Co-Ordinates of your stuff with anyone. And never on Global Chat where all can see. Thar be pirates out thar lookin' fur n00bs.

Where you can exploit any unclaimed or unowned larger Omega or Theta Stars, Moons or Planets as a main priority resource target. Omega pays out an extra 600 of that resource plus what your station gathers while the Theta will earn you 250 plus the stations earnings. Normal planets and stars etc just earn you what the stations can earn.

Always look out for White Dwarf Stars, they will earn all four resources at the same time, but without any added bonus.

You will have some Platinum. Keep this for movement. You can buy this resource by PayPal but you can also earn it in other ways. I use it for getting my fleets or stations to their destination instantly.

Shipyards do Combine and are excellent portals for fleet units, plus the only way to make fleet units. Your original Shipyard or SY is where any station that is "Recycled" (lost in battle) reappears and starts to regenerate. If you lose the original SY then your units will apear at the original spot you started at. You'll have to find a new place to put it though. Nothing is lost other than the resource it was on or the resource it was carrying.

Each new Shipyards (SY) take 5 days to come on line for some reason. But when complete you can Port your Fleets between SY without cost or penalty. Great tactical tool.

Theships best suited to combat are a combination of Fast ships and Combat Ships. The best Combat Ship is the Colossi which you can get after you research Design Specs a bit. The first ship available is the Zinger, a light but fast ship which you can combine with the Colossi to increase fleet speed. The fast ships are needed to increase the overall Fleet Speed. A 50/50 split is best. Later on after quite a bit of Research the Swinger becomes available and this ship will replace the Zinger being more Energy Economic and having even greater speed. I'd advise not getting drawn into using the other ships which aren't as good.

You'll need stores to collect keep your resource while you sleep. Aim to have as many as it takes. Surplus are lost. You need to keep these safe. There are some regions of sparsely populated space on the outskirts that make great hiding places. Keep them moving though as they are tempting targets.
Last edited by Warhead on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:10 am

hmm... intriguing..
Not sure if I want another timesink though.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:17 am

Pity, I'm more a brute than an organiser and I'd need someone smart to lead and combine our efforts to full effect but why not just have a look and see what you think.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:31 am

Seems like another O-game clone to me. I have played Ikariam for two years now and I think I will quit soon because nothing ever happens and the game gets boring.
The thing is that usually new players stand no chance against seasoned players. In the beginning you are prey if you don't get the protection of a big alliance and later on you are so powerfull that noone dares to stand in your way. At least that's the way I experianced it.
Usually any kind of military is expensive to run. So if you want to play a raider, you have to be online around the clock to command your fleet. Otherwise your booty will never outgrow your running costs. That's why I've chosen to be a traider. And by now my mines produce so many recources that I have trouble shipping them and I've hit the maximum number of cargo ships a long time ago.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Re: CONQUEST! - Space Warfare Game

Post by muffinman42 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:51 am

[/quote]
For those that are interested in a Space Combat, Empire Building, Resource Mining, Intrigue and Piracy[/quote]
So EVE?

except from what i played (only about 10-20 minutes before being bored) it seems to be more empire building and you seem to have no ship of your own and instead command AI ships.
The 2D interface for a space game feels like the nail in the coffin for me.

If you want to get raiding then play EVE, get a good pirate ship and skill set (you WILL need the wiki and forums to find out what to buy), then look for a pirate corp, this way when you raid people all the ships with you have a pilot and the skill of the pilot pays off more than their stuff. This also means that you need to keep relationships positive as they're your crew mates not subordinates.

Alternatively join a casual group and do missions, help guard miners, go wormhole exploring, help build POS...
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:51 am

Exactly what I thought, an OGame variation, still worth trying!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:39 am

Sure, you may be right, most/all of you will have more experience of Online Games than I do but this one suits me quite well. It reminds me very strongly of Galactic Civilisation (artwork and some of the game play) which was a game I enjoyed.

I'm not saying this will be easy to play, or that it will suit everyone, the start is slow until you build up your resource mining operations but that's true for many enjoyable Strategy Games and things pick up when you have resources coming in each second giving you more than enough to get on with as you upgrade and buy fleets etc. You just want to get to a point where it's ticking over so you can raid your fellow man, call each other names, have a good laugh and reassemble the peaces if you get your teeth handed back after hitting a harder target.

I've been playing just under a week and I'm doing fairly well so far, and I wouldn't say I was a great player so there shouldn't be anything too difficult here.

As to how you play, I have watched others playing in loose shifts and they seem quite organised when raiding.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 pm

I've joined it, mostly because... why not?

If you start an Alliance, Warbread, let me know and I'll join you.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:07 pm

:D Yay! Oloths in too, c'mon guys, what's the most that can happen, it'll suck and you can take the endless piss out of me for being a fail-tard-merchant.

I will do Oloth, get in touch if you need anything. That goes for anyone else too.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:31 pm

meh, I have plenty of spare time, it might pick up as i expand.
In terms of difficulty do you mean normal difficult as in "your going to die sometime in the future" or something like dwarf fort in terms of "your going to die sooner rather than later"

Also how do I make an account to be able to save, apparently my stations will only remain for 3 hours otherwise. Theirs a twatbook option but nothing else.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:09 pm

I think you have to Twatbook I'm afraid, time you were on Brikwars Chat anyhow... unless you already are in which case, ooops.

Defence is an illusion on here. The game runs 24-7 but you do start with player protection at the start. However that protection runs out at a certain point once you have levelled up enough so long as you don't go attacking stuff (even space monsters) otherwise you're fair game. So far from what I've seen most older member leave you well enough alone and even help out if your lucky. I was.

I hope you give it a try though.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Updated with some info for beginners.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:59 pm

Guys, give me your coordinates so we can stick together, I don't wanna get snuggled right at start...

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:02 pm

You wont be, read the notes I made. Besides, you can move your stuff by dismantling your station later. Sure you lose all your upgrades but it's well worth it for bigger Resource opertunities and to spread out.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Tell me when you make an alliance.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.