Games

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:34 pm

DarkWolf wrote:
Silent Mobius wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:Right now I'm addicted to Warhawk (first MMO for a console, and a PS3 exclusive no less!) and Halo 3, but I've stopped there for a short while, A) I don't have XBL, and B) I'm on one of the flood levels and I've run out of ammo (not a spoiler because you'd have to be an idiot not to expect Flood in the final Halo game) so I'm down to meleeing these huge arsed bastards that can kill me in one hit :/
... I'm pretty sure thats not the first Massive Mutiplayer Online (am I right ) game on a console... I know for a fact Monster Hunter came out as an MMo for the PS2 not to mention Fantasy Star series and Final Fantasy 11 for the 360.

Edit: Sorry for the double post but he neds to get his facts straight (don't worry though, don't take this too seriously)
Meh, sorry about that. I really don't pay attention to things as stupid and pointless as facts.
Well I don't take them too seriously just remember:
Facts are meaningless, they can be used to prove anything.
Get that corn outta my face!

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:44 am

Silent Mobius wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:
Silent Mobius wrote:
DarkWolf wrote:Right now I'm addicted to Warhawk (first MMO for a console, and a PS3 exclusive no less!) and Halo 3, but I've stopped there for a short while, A) I don't have XBL, and B) I'm on one of the flood levels and I've run out of ammo (not a spoiler because you'd have to be an idiot not to expect Flood in the final Halo game) so I'm down to meleeing these huge arsed bastards that can kill me in one hit :/
... I'm pretty sure thats not the first Massive Mutiplayer Online (am I right ) game on a console... I know for a fact Monster Hunter came out as an MMo for the PS2 not to mention Fantasy Star series and Final Fantasy 11 for the 360.

Edit: Sorry for the double post but he neds to get his facts straight (don't worry though, don't take this too seriously)
Meh, sorry about that. I really don't pay attention to things as stupid and pointless as facts.
You may call me a stingy bastard, perhaps even a 'x-bot' or 'nintendo fanboi', but I have a tough time calling 32 players a MMO. I'll give it the title of a customizable shooter, but MMO ( I am able to make distinctions between MMOs and MMORPGs) seems rather... foolish. Phantasy Star, while far closer to MMO conventions, still seems to stray pretty far from that category (3 member party? How is that massive?) You may try checking out "The Agency" when that releases. Or Sony's much touted "Home."

Also, I extend my condolences to DarkWolf, and must inquire what difficulty he is playing on. Word from those who see themselves as wise: never, ever, melee the flood with anything shy of a gravity hammer or an energy sword. Start the level over, aim for the center of mass, not the head, and stop using plasma weapons. I will also add that the flamethrower can become a liability both at higher difficulty settings and in co-op.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:43 am

Carrnevil9 wrote:
Silent Mobius wrote:
You may call me a stingy bastard, perhaps even a 'x-bot' or 'nintendo fanboi', but I have a tough time calling 32 players a MMO. I'll give it the title of a customizable shooter, but MMO ( I am able to make distinctions between MMOs and MMORPGs) seems rather... foolish. Phantasy Star, while far closer to MMO conventions, still seems to stray pretty far from that category (3 member party? How is that massive?) You may try checking out "The Agency" when that releases. Or Sony's much touted "Home."

Also, I extend my condolences to DarkWolf, and must inquire what difficulty he is playing on. Word from those who see themselves as wise: never, ever, melee the flood with anything shy of a gravity hammer or an energy sword. Start the level over, aim for the center of mass, not the head, and stop using plasma weapons. I will also add that the flamethrower can become a liability both at higher difficulty settings and in co-op.
I don't consider that an MMo either but I know in japan the sales BOOMED but in the U.S they were pretty small. That and the fact the game is lik 6 years old is probably why there are only 32 players.
However I was refering to the fantasy star universe-line but as with monster hunter it didnt go over well in the U.S

Also on the secod part, I too send you my condolances. Those last levels with the flood were kinda challenging even on easy. (Although I have beaten it on every mode.) It took me a good while on Legendary though.[/quote]

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:09 am

Ah, this is the price I pay for not being completely specific. Warhawk has 32 players, I'm not certain on how many could be held in any given Phantasy Star lobby. For a while there I thought you were trying to tell me Warhawk had been out for six years and despite trying my hardest I could not find any information backing this (note to self: abuse self for not reading the context and not giving other context to read.)

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Silent Mobius
Nice Dubs

Post by Silent Mobius » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:48 am

Carrnevil9 wrote:Ah, this is the price I pay for not being completely specific. Warhawk has 32 players, I'm not certain on how many could be held in any given Phantasy Star lobby. For a while there I thought you were trying to tell me Warhawk had been out for six years and despite trying my hardest I could not find any information backing this (note to self: abuse self for not reading the context and not giving other context to read.)
Ah so thats what you meant. I have no Idea about Warhawk so I wouldnt have a clue. The only Warhawk I play is the actual tabletop version.

Commander Evil
Hero

Post by Commander Evil » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:25 pm

i been screwing around with Gmod lately.

EvilTobbacconist
Hero

Post by EvilTobbacconist » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:40 pm

Heh, it looks like the guys with white helmets are doing flying kicks. Also looks pretty kick-ass (I wish my computer could run G-Mod/HL2)
If your gonna walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

Captain Nomouth
Officer

Post by Captain Nomouth » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:43 pm

Not to completely change the subject, but please tell me that I'm not the only one here who has played classics like Commander Keen, Cosmo, Duke Nukem, and Escape From Monkey Island.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:31 am

well i haven't

Captain Nomouth
Officer

Post by Captain Nomouth » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:40 am

have you at least heard of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? :(

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:50 am

Captain Nomouth wrote:have you at least heard of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? :(
YES!!!!!!

and i did also play duke nukem. but mostly duke nukem 3D. in fact, my signature is a duke nukem quote.

Captain Nomouth
Officer

Post by Captain Nomouth » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:58 am

At long last!!! :D I am not alone in the world anymore.

I salute you!

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:06 am

Eh, the only classic Lucasart game I played was Tie Fighter. Here's to hoping the Tie Defender that Eurobricks had listed isn't a fabrication. That isn't to say it's the first game I played, that honor goes to Descent and Descent 2.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:01 am

Captain Nomouth wrote:have you at least heard of Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis? :(
What is that, some sort of Indiana comic?
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

Captain Nomouth
Officer

Post by Captain Nomouth » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is the greatest game ever made in the all-but-extinct "Graphic Adventure" genre. This link explains more about it:

http://www.theraider.net/information/ga ... enture.php