Roll To Dodge: Evolution

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Roll To Dodge: Evolution

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Alright guys, you know the drill for the main system, so heres the story:
Nausicca wrote:Inside a governnent facility outside of Roswell New Mexico, scientists have discovered a new element, a mineral called cykronium. Scientists think it can be used as an alternate energy source. After some tests, they found that their theories were right. The cykronium powered the whole facility. The whole project was kept secret within the facility due to the high risk of nuclear meltdowns. It was even kept hidden from the government. Everything went well... until one day, the worse-case-scenario happened, a nuclear meltdown. The meltdown was so powerful, it started destroying the facility from the inside. And worse yet, caused a dimensional rift that brought a hostile alien species called the Korban. The Korban mercilessly killed scientists. No one could stop them... except for some research associates who were exposed to a high level of cykronium radiation. Instead of killing them like normal radiation, it gave them the ability to grow weapons from their limbs. They're called cykrons. And they have to stop the Korbans before they escape the facility.

To sign up, say your forum name, and tell me what weapon you want to grow out of your arms OR legs.
Old Topic: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4868

Note: This is a 'Modded' version of the game, which uses a d6 instead of a d20

Players:
Knolli
Alec
Last edited by OREMAWESOME1234 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:38 pm

Name: Alec
Race: German
Weapon: Energy blade arm, similar to this:
(For maximum face-ripping action, of course!)

Bio/Background fluff:
Alec was a brilliant engineer, having graduated MIT with high honors. he was working on a cykronium-based blade when the meltdown ocurred, causing the blade to fuse to his arm. Seeing as these Korban were killing his friends and fellow scientists, he decided to put his new mutation to work...

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:45 pm

And again it's proven that being a scientist drastically improves your chance to get superpowers when exposed to otherwise lethal radiation. And even more so if you are physicist. 8)

And you won't believe how many physicists I know do martial arts. I won't tell you how I come to know that :P

So the german gradstudent of particle physics Sebastian Meißner, known to most simply as Knolli, was working on the prefiltering software for the high sensitivity radiation detectors when the accident happened.

The weapons of his choice are dual wielded, single edged blades. They grow from both his hands and don't block the wrist. (That's important!) He can control the length by will up to a maximum of 60 cm.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 pm

We need 1 more person okay?

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:16 pm

A Chinese scientist named She Shoutao was working on a cykronium-powered plasma gun which would fire a ball of pure energy. When the meltdown happened, he had just managed to get the plasma balls to explode on impact. This weapon is now fused to his left arm.

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:44 pm

You wake in a testing chamber in sub-level 19: Plasma/Cykronium research. The last thing you all remember was an alarm klaxon, then loud screams and explosions. You each hear a rattling noise, like a cricket. There are many bodies on the floor as well as various piles of glowing goo.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:50 pm

And so we go on another journey of Evolution... Can I still join?

Young engineer probationer Bernard Fenix was messing with bio adaptive cykronium armor when the meltdown ocorred, due to his exposure, his forearms were completely consumed by the powerful cykronium, yet, this gave him a great power - to be able to form sharp limbs or steel hard skin , a few abilities among a wide variety - but for now he had only mastered growing thick blade like spines from the side of his forearm, and that will to do for now...

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:52 pm

of course you can join Fenix!

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Ok, I will gingerly poke one of the piles of glowing goo with my finger.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:10 pm

Search the bodies

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:56 am

I do the only thing reasonable: I am shocked! After an endless half a second I get myself together and try to analyse the situation. Who is hurt and how much. Am I hurt? I check who of my friends is among the dead.

"Are you okay? WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEND? What did go wrong? What happened to you, guys?!? And what is that strange slimy stuff? ..Oh, forget the goo! Alec, your arm! Scheiße! Was ist mit deinem Arm passiert?!?"

Again I take a look around and help the others to stand up.

"We have to get out of here. FAST! If the reactor blew up, the radiation will kill us within in minutes. HURRY!"

On my way to the door I check the dosimeter at my labcoat. And my eyes pop out.

OREMAWESOME1234
Cannon Fodder

Post by OREMAWESOME1234 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 am

SnakeMittens wrote:Ok, I will gingerly poke one of the piles of glowing goo with my finger.
5: From what you ascertain the goo was the result of plasma testing on creatures. It apears fresh, like 8 hours ago it was made.
knolli wrote:I get myself together and try to analyse the situation. Who is hurt and how much. Am I hurt? I check who of my friends is among the dead.

On my way to the door I check the dosimeter at my labcoat. And my eyes pop out.
6: You realize that all the others that were in the room are dead, altough some of their bodies are missing. As you move to the door, the clicking noise grows louder. You look at your dosimeter to see that the background radiation is a wavelength thats off the charts!
BFenix wrote:Search the bodies
3 All you find are burnt labcoats, burnt out PDAs, and strange holes, as if they were all stabbed by something

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 am

"Hurry! We have to move. Now! Bernard, what's with the PDA's? EMP?"

I open the door and look around. I search for the origin of that strange clicking noise.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:45 am

I follow Knolli, Cykro-Sword at the ready.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:30 pm

knolli wrote:"Hurry! We have to move. Now! Bernard, what's with the PDA's? EMP?"

I open the door and look around. I search for the origin of that strange clicking noise.
"don't think so, some are broken, others are burnt. There doesn't seem to be one working. Whatever data was in these PDAs, it went to the grave with their owners... We should be careful, something other than radiation killed them..."

I follow, erupting my blades with stinging pain from my arm, ready for danger!