Assault on Beige Carpet City!

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Assault on Beige Carpet City!

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:05 pm

So I got bored again and decided to have another Star Wars Brikwar....with Ninjago mixed in for fun.

Starting points. The CIS and Skeletons are allied, while the Republic and Ninjas are also on the same team.

The Separatists are the first to move

Plo Koon and Kit Fisto lead the republic forces into the battle

Seeing that they are greatly outnumbered, the Republic troops call for support. Soon after, a gunship lands and deploys Commander Raptor and a team of clone troopers

Meanwhile, a team of ninjas, led by Kai, Zane, Cole, and Jay, begin walking through the remains of the city towards the republic forces.

"Do you guys hear that?" Says Jay

"Sounds like blaster fire..." replies Cole

"It's close, I hope the republic lines aren't under attack again" says Kai.

"It looks that way" says Cole

"Holy Crap!" Jay replies

"Easy guys," Kai begins. "We can wait until they pass, then flank them."

"I see skullkin with them" Zane says suddenly.

"Huh..." Kai replies "Looks like this will be harder than we thought..."

The CIS army marches onward, the low hum of repulsorlifts and the clanking of metal feet growing ominously louder...

"Look over there!" cries an unnaturally observant droid "Get them!"

"We got company!" shouts Jay

Asajj Ventress, one of the CIS heroes, notices the droids breaking off to attack

"Savage, now is the time to prove yourself! Kill those fools, and take back this city!"

"Yes, Mistress.." Savage replies in his deep, menacing voice, and then trods off to crush the ninjas.

Back on the field, the battle begins as first blood is shed! The Republic Saber tanks team up and vaporize a tank droid.

"GO, GO, GO!" Shouts Commander Raptor "Get their flanks!"

Raptor's team moves to take the storage building before the CIS troops can reach it, while the gunship lifts off to provide aerial support.

"Cut 'em down!" Shouts Kai as the ninjas charge at the droid forces. Unfortunately, they are still human, and the ninjas come just a few inches short of the droid lines.

The massive wave of tan, blue and grey crawls closer to the republic troops, as the Sabers fight desperately to keep the droids at bay.

"All squads, split up and hit them from the sides!" shouts Plo Koon to his troops.

"Open Fire!" shouts the droid sniper. The droids open a barrage of fire on the ninjas, although their lightning-fast reflexes allow them to dodge most of the shots. One lucky blaster bolt manages to hit Jay however, resulting in him losing a hit point. "Ouch!" he cries as the bolt singes his robe and hits him in the arm.

"Don't think so, bolt-brain!" shouts Cole as he and Jay rush the droideka and cut it to pieces. Energy shields aren't so useful in melee now are they?

"You're Mine!" exclaims Zane as he runs up and decapitates another droid.

The remaining ninjas then mve up. Savage takes a few steps back after seeing what he is truly messing with.

The Saber tanks continue their barrage, crippling the second tank droid....

...which is then finished off in a fantastic explosion by a pair of missiles from the gunship!

"We're taking Fire!" shouts the pilot of one of the Saber tanks as the AATs move closer, their main cannons now just inches out of firing range.

"Gah!" exclaims one of the non-heroic ninjas as a blaster bolt from the sniper droid's rifle hit him square in the chest, killing him.

"Take this!" yells Kai as he butchers the sniper droid to avenge his fallen comrade. Savage inches away, even he lacks the skill to take on a whole squad of eight pissed-off ninjas.

The Hailfire droid is the next to fall to the republic onslaught.

"Excellent work, keep them at bay!" says Kit Fisto as the clone squadrons move up, and a giant calculator falls out of the sky behind the AAT.

The Republic victory is short-lived, however, as one AAT moves up and destroys one of the Saber tanks.

"Screw This...." Savage says to himself as the ninjas draw ever closer to him. He quickly retreats.

"Ha ha!" shouts Jay "not even a dark jedi can stop THIS killing machine!"

"Don't get overconfident..." Zane coolly replies.

The ninjas quickly finish off the remaining droids.

Zane begins a ritual. What could he be up to?

Elsewhere, Raptor and his team make it to the storage building. "Secure the area and regroup." he says to his men "and be ready for anything!"

Outside, an entire squad of battle droids is gunned down by another team of clones and the second Saber tank, while the gunship does some structure damage to the AAT.

"Sergeant, what the hell are those things!?!" yells a clone trooper as an entire column of skeletons move up and butcher all the clones in the front line of his squad.

"I don't know, but they're hostile! Blast 'em!" Shouts the Sergeant. The clones open fire and manage to kill several skeletons, but they are still greatly outnumbered, even with the AT-RT close by.

"Let's get out of here," Asajj exclaims "No need in getting ourselves killed here..."

"But what will Count Dooku say?" mutters Savage

"Even Dooku has his superiors..." Asajj replies coldly "And we are much more valuable than you think..."

The two of them then leave the battlefield to fight another day.

"Charge!" Cole shouts "Don't show 'em any mercy!"

"Clear the Field!" Shouts Zane as he completes the ritual, and summons a might Ice dragon to the field!

KA-BLAM! The first AAT explodes as a pair of missiles from the gunship hit it right in the central hull.

Kit Fisto and Plo Koon both lose a hit point, and so they take cover behind the ruined husk of the hailfire droid.

"There's still too many!" Shouts Kit Fisto above the roar of explosions and blasterfire

"Don't worry," says Plo Koon, "Fate's on our side!"

The few surviving clones on the left flank switch to full auto, and open fire on the skeletons, killing many more.

"Ahh, what to do?" Cole says to himself. Noticing that they are still greatly outnumbered, he gets an idea.

Cole begins a summon ritual of his own!

"Let's Go!" Kai says to his fellow ninjas. They charge, while Zane and the Ice dragon take to the air...

"See ya, Clankers!" yells the pilot of the gunship as he presses the fire button for the missiles, two of which hit the central droid squad, and deal enough damage to kill all of them in a single blast. Suddenly a loud, God-like voice yells "KILLIONARE!", causing the pilot to pause briefly and ponder just what happened...

Meanwhile, the second AAT fires a volley at the second clone squad, killing all but two of them.

A few droids notice the ninja's flanking manouver, and open fire on their ranks, killing another ninja.

In retaliation, the Ice dragon swoops down and blasts a large portion of skeletons with its breath weapon, killing several more.

Cole finishes his ritual, and soon a massive Earth dragon crawls out of the ground beneath him, ready for battle!

Realizing that their lives may end very soon, the last two clone from the second squad charge and kill the remaining droids near them.

The AT-RT finishes off the last non-heroic skeletons with its blaster cannon, creating a massive pile of bones and metal.

With the odds greatly against them, Wyplash and the MTT turn and retreat.

....much to the dismay of Kai and Jay (Rhyme Time!), who were planning on boarding the Turbo Shredder to kill Wyplash.

"Yeah you better run!" shouts Jay as the Turbo Shredder drives out of sight.

The remaining ninjas finish off the last remnants of the droid and skeleton army. Only the AAT remains.

"Take that thing down!" shouts Cole. The AAT soon falls under the combined might of the Ice and Earth dragon, as well as the AT-RT. And the battle is won.

"Thanks for the assist," says Kit Fisto to the ninjas after the battle "you guys handled yourselves nicely."

"Thanks," says Kai, "But we should really be getting back to the Spinjitsu Dojo, Sensei Wu is expecting us."

"And I wouldn't mind some of that tea right about now!" Yells Jay

The ninjas then hop aboard the dragons and fly away, while the jedi and their clone allies prepare for their next mission.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:17 pm

Very good, nice presentation and pictures, good field and nicely organized armies, people could learn from you. Keep it up, and spill more blood! 8)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:07 pm

I plan on it. It took roughly three hours for the battle itself, and another two to get the pics loaded onto flickr and brikwars. Exhaustive, but fun.

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 am

I liked this battle a lot, actually. You don't seem to care about damaging your stuff, making the carnage very sweet. I think the bad guys died too easily, and that they need more dragons and stuff too. Although I did love the skeleton flash mob.
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:22 pm

So many droids.... :man:
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:56 pm

You don't seem to care about damaging your stuff, making the carnage very sweet.
I try not to damage them too much, as I like to be able to quickly re-assemble them once I'm finished with the battle.
So many droids....
I actually have more clones than droids. Definatly something I need to work on lol....

I had gotten a lot of positive reviews from my last themed battle so I decided to have another. I hope to make the next one a forum battle or something, but my money is fairly tight right now, so it may be a while before any new sets show up...

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:04 pm

Wow. :shock: You were able to mix the dialouge and carnage very well, and had a lot of good slaughters. This! Is! BRIKWARS!
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:48 am

Amen! I want to try and add some RPG-type features into a brikwars game. I scrapped my ideas for BrikRPG so I just decided to throw in RPG-like elements (such as dialogue) into my games. I'm also considering using the shops idea that I've been seeing on the forums lately.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:33 am

One question: What happend to the clone troopers in the ware house? After they get there and get the order to be "ready for anything" they simply disapear.

Quite nice presentation. I'd liked to see more close ups of the main battlefield though.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 am

Awesome Batrep! Wish the dragons took part a little earlier. I have them in real life and they look quite pwn. (my opinion. A lot of people think they look shit :shock:.) I have stats for them already and they cost quite much. (25CP for the ice one and 30CP for the Earth One.) How good are they and how much do they cost in your battles?
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:49 am

One question: What happend to the clone troopers in the ware house? After they get there and get the order to be "ready for anything" they simply disapear.
Raptor and his team were meant to secure the warehouse and use it's position to flank the droids, but after the turn where the Saber, gunship, and the third clone squad teamed up and vaporized all of the droids near them, they really had nothing else to do, as the rest of the fighting was a good distance from their position. I suppose they could have helped, but by the time they would have crossed the massive rubble pile in the middle of the field most of the fighting would have been done. Thus they simply decided to sit down and play a game of solitaire.
How good are they and how much do they cost in your battles?

Well seeing as how I'm not all too good at making stats most of my dragons run anywhere from 70-90 CP. The Ice dragon is one example, as it is a size 6 creature, and with 10" move and 20" flying movement alone is a big factor in determining CP. Weapons add even more, the claws on the wings are the lightest (costing only 2 CP each with damage of 1d6), while the bite and breath weapon attacks are more powerful.

Green_Machine
Champion
Champion

Re: Assault on Beige Carpet City!

Post by Green_Machine » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Cole finishes his ritual, and soon a massive Earth dragon crawls out of the ground beneath him, ready for battle!
(Sarcastic voice.) That wasn't predictable at all! (Not sarcastic voice.) Great battle!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:42 pm

:necro:

Wow I had almost forgotten about this battle. Thanks.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:04 pm

You know, if less of those baddies retreated, I think the battle could have been a little less one-sided. Never underestimate the wrath of a losing team's heroic feats.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:18 pm

i agree, retreat is never an option!!

awesome battle by the way