Ideas for BrikWars Campaigns

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat May 21, 2011 6:37 pm

\could be one base plate games.
and maybe it is a city map, factions could be games or armies, and teritorys would be like factorys, neighborhoods, stuff like that.[/code]

Nitewatchman
Dimmy

Post by Nitewatchman » Sat May 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:Thing is, Brikwars games in themselves can last hours. Are you going to be holding abbreviated battles to keep everyone fresh?
The size of fighting forces will be limited by population. Everyone starts with a pop of 100. At least 5 units must stay in an occupied region. Factories and training facilities require 5 more per facility to stay in the region. Cities require at least 10 pop+all other required population. Ship factories require 10.

Basically, by the time everyone has colonized entire planets and built the facilities necessary to sustain their armies and fleets, battles won't be that large.

And also, we could just have one really slow campaign.
Silverdream wrote:MOST UNLIKED BY SILVERDREAM
Nominees
-Nitewatchman
-Blitzen
-muffinman42
-Vami IV

WINNER: Nitewatchman

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:14 pm

What I've thought for Brikwars campaings:

Have forces represented by a marker (a minifing, a miniature tank, a base of a certain size/color, etc.) each linked to a specific group of minifigs/creations. Each "campaing" turn (which equals 10 "tactical" turns) each force can move the same as its normal move factor. When enemy forces come into contact, you set up a brikwars battle with the units involved, and every 10 turns of the actual battle everything else gets to move--which could result in more troops entering the battle, multiple sepatate engagements simultaneously, etc.

Continue until one side is wiped out.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:09 pm

That sounds good although it would take a very long time.
Some area's should also grant certain advantages.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:39 pm

My friends and I are going to be starting a campaign of the city idea. It's still unfinished on the details, but this is what we have so far.

Each player starts off with a couple blocks. To get more territory, they must invade NPC areas. The number of enemies defending those territories is determined with a roll of a D10. Then players have the option to try to persuade the NPCs to join in their cause, or if that fails, invade. There will be several different types of territories:

Plain district: Used to recruit members and what not. Can be upgraded for a price.
Red light district: Gives a set amount of troops per turn :warhead: , instead of rolling for recruits.
Junkyard: Give more cash than a normal district, also can produce vehicles. Multiple districts can create larger vehicles.
Shopping mall: Stronger areas that are more heavily defended(with professional mall cops and all) that yield greater rewards. Can not be controlled(?), can only raid.

More to come.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:11 am

Ham701 wrote:My friends and I are going to be starting a campaign of the city idea. It's still unfinished on the details, but this is what we have so far.

Each player starts off with a couple blocks. To get more territory, they must invade NPC areas. The number of enemies defending those territories is determined with a roll of a D10. Then players have the option to try to persuade the NPCs to join in their cause, or if that fails, invade. There will be several different types of territories:

Plain district: Used to recruit members and what not. Can be upgraded for a price.
Red light district: Gives a set amount of troops per turn :warhead: , instead of rolling for recruits.
Junkyard: Give more cash than a normal district, also can produce vehicles. Multiple districts can create larger vehicles.
Shopping mall: Stronger areas that are more heavily defended(with professional mall cops and all) that yield greater rewards. Can not be controlled(?), can only raid.

More to come.
all exelent ideas

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:39 am

Agreed, these are all awsome ideas. :D

HHD
Hero

Post by HHD » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:22 pm

I though of my own undoutbly similar idea,

Planets have mixed regions and you fight for each one from your invasion region. You win by conquering a planet or by driving back your invaders

Plains: Just a region to control but 1d6 chance it will revolt (Only infantry and light groung vehicals can be used in a revolution)
Mountains: Can be used to fire artillery into adjasent regions
Water: Harder to capture as the enemy can use boats but you can only use them if you control a sector with a joining waterway
Village: Produces a few soldiers and can repair small vehicals 1d4 troops 1d4 cp
Town: Produces soldiers and can repair small and medium vehicals 1d6 troops 1d6 cp
City: Produces more soldiers and can repair all vehicals 1d8 troops 1d8 cp
Millitary Base: Can be used to Train, arm and keep vast armies 1d6 cp
Capital: Gives you more cp and soldiers 1d10 troops 2d6 cp
Airfield: Gives you airsupport over any region (1d6 is added to roll every time has to go over a region, the higher this is the less support gets through)
Shipyards: Allows you to take a larger army to your next planet (1d6 for each shipyard you control)
Industrial Region: Allows you to build more vehicals!
Forest: larger vehicals can't be used and arttilery is 1d6 less effective
Grasslands: A region to control(no benifits or disadvantages)
Desert(Both Kinds): Light and heavy vehicals get stuck so can't be used, infanrty suffers a 2 reduction from everything!
Research Facility: Gives your units more advanced weapons if you control it(lose it and they enemy learn all your secrets!)

The planets owner chooses his planets composition but any population centers can't be in adjasent regions same applies for millitary bases and airfields. Each regoin gives you a bonus at the end of each round.
I change my signature so much it become a quote of the day system but, no more!

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:57 pm

:necro:
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.