The Powder Ignites

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

The Powder Ignites

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:20 am

When Semaj Nagirrac learned of Warhead's true nature, he and the Lite Siders went as quickly as they could to arrest him. But Warhead had already escaped and had not been sighted for weeks.

Avalon had been without a king and Semaj and the High Council had no idea where to begin looking for the next ruler. However, Semaj continued in his duties and secured alliances with several empires for the benefit and protection of the kingdom. He called the council together to discuss the upcoming arrival of the Prussian ambassador.

The council was difficult to control. It consisted of nine members, most looking out for only themselves and not for the good of the kingdom.

"Avalon is strong enough without foreigners to aid us. We must cancel the agreement!"

"Are you mad? We were on our own when the Menggu invaded and look at what happened to us then! It is a miracle that we have already rebuilt these chambers!

"What is this Third Alliance that beckons us to its call? Do they plan to bring peace or more corruption to the galaxy?"

"It doesn't matter! Avalon is better left alone!"

"Chancellor Nagirrac, you can not continue to look outward while your kingdom becomes corrupt from the inside out. Warhead must be stopped!"

"I'll bring that to the council's attention later."

"Silence good council! Silence!"

"We have been divided on a single topic for days now. We remain so because we do not have a single voice that speaks for all of us. I set forth that the Rites of Rulership be reinstated. A true king must be strong and able to prove himself. That is why I believe that our next king will be the one to reunite us with our long lost brethren."

"You must be joking, Chancellor. You truly expect the king to reunite us with they who remained at Cyrmu? T'is madness!"

"The coordinates for Cyrmu were lost long ago. We would not be able to discover even if we wanted to."

"If our next king is a true ruler, he will find a way back to Cyrmu. Can any of you think of a better test?"

"And just how is our king going to find these coordinates to Cyrmu? They were deleted from all databases long ago. It is an impossible task!"

"Not if he bears the Old Maps with him. We have found the old maps, gentlemen. They are in the Temple of Hopklis Nur."

"Sir! We're receiving a transmission from... Warhead?"

"Hurry man! Put it on the hologram!"

Transmission: 9.92011.38a
Origin: Avalon

"Greetings Nagirrac and you sorry excuses for government officials. Remember when you stole my axe from me? Well, I found something new to make my work easier?"

"It's made almost entirely of OT. I can't wait for you to see what I'm going to do with.

"I know of your plans to find Cyrmu, Semaj. You pretend to find a king when it is really you who wants the crown!. Well, did you know the Temple of Hopklis Nur needs a key? Do you know where that key is? I do, why don't you watch as I demonstrate the effectiveness of these new droids. Open Fire!"

The emotionless droids shot into the crowd. Their accuracy was better than any Avalonian soldiers.

"Give me the key!"

"I'll never give it up! Never!"

Warhead killed the man, prompting a young woman to come out of her hiding place.

"I have the key!"

"Hand it to me my sweet so that you may live."

The maiden threw him the key and ran away as fast as she could.

Warhead decided to give chase and test his new weapon.

"Semaj, you need not worry about finding a king. I shall take this key to Hopklis Nur and find your maps."

"And then I shall become king! The first thing I do will be to clean house and remove all unnecessary officials from office. Good bye..."

END TRANSMISSION

The council fell into an uproar. Death threats against Warhead were called out.

"General, take as many men as you need...."

"... and be sure to bring Warhead to his knees before he dies!"

"I should have listened to you Lite Siders. You were right about him. Everyone was right about him...."

"Council! I call for a vote. We have been offered by the RIN and others to join the Third Alliance and rid the galaxy of Warhead and his ilk. All in favor of the Kingdom of Avalon joining the Third Alliance, say 'Aye'!"

"AYE!!!"

"Then the vote is unanimous."

"Councillor, inform the RIN that we have accepted their proposal and will join the Third Alliance."

"Warhead's blood will be required at Hopklis Nur!"
Last edited by Semaj Nagirrac on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:46 am

...It may be mad, but I'm slightly suspicious. Did Semaj engineer this to unite the Council? Fascinating.

Great story! Keep it up!

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:32 pm

Awesome. Semaj vs. Warhead? The next episode should be interesting...

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:59 pm

THe Third Alliance is looking strong.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Theblackdog wrote:Awesome. Semaj vs. Warhead? The next episode should be interesting...
The next episode will be a forum battle.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Er... great. Now I'm stuck to my computer, hitting the refresh button.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:15 pm

:byzero:
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:34 pm

Hail the third alliance! Crush all others. The mighty Akkadian Empire gives it's full support to the kingdom of Avalon in this, it's time of need. We will crush all those who stand in the way of a united universe and the third alliance. Might I suggest EMT grenades to take out those pesky droids en masse' and then reprogram them to your own purposes once the battle is over.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:36 pm

You might want to use caution, Piltogg, we've descovered a Brittanian expeditionary soldier in the Avalonians' ranks. What's he doing there?

Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:46 pm

Bragallot wrote:You might want to use caution, Piltogg, we've descovered a Brittanian expeditionary soldier in the Avalonians' ranks. What's he doing there?

Merely a poor choice in wardrobe gentlemen. I can assure you there are no Brittanians within the kingdom.

Now it looks like I'll have to add Akkadians to my upcoming battle.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Piltogg wrote:Might I suggest EMT grenades to take out those pesky droids en masse' and then reprogram them to your own purposes once the battle is over.
EMT grenades? Wouldn't those just dispense ambulance drivers and paramedics when detonated?

Pretty damn useful for saving your own downed troops, but not at all useful against droids.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Welcome to the Third Alliance! The Republic of Independent Nations is standing by, ready to deploy troops on Avalon to help hunt down warhead. You have my word.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:15 pm

EMP? and this is looking quite nice, I'm very excited. About time you got a forum battle going, I've been waiting since you started this epic!

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Obviously an impostor Warhead. I haven't seen him shag anyone since his appearance.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:23 pm

haven't seen any moms on camera though, have you?