Star Wars RPG: Campaign

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Postby enders_shadow » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:27 pm

'Alec, we're here to help, not to take over.'
'Captain, is there anything we can do?'

If the captain continues to try to get us to go back into the lounge, I run as fast as possible to the back of the ship, hoping to reach it before the boarding starts. I draw my lightsaber.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby knolli » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Joam Missler? Do I recognize the name? If not I ask Ino.
"Pirates!?  Do you have a blaster or anything that could help us? If we get boarded, I want to be ready for them. Don't worry, I'll protect you." .... as long as you are usefull.  :twisted:
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
User avatar
knolli
Dimmy
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am
Location: the world that never existed - home

Postby enders_shadow » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:41 pm

:shock:


I sense darkness in you.....
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:56 pm

The man's wide eyes look over at you. He can't seem to speak for a moment, then he huffs out a breath and pulls himself to his feet. "That had to have hit the shield generator. They were just occupying us earlier- now they can hull us in one blow if we don't cooperate." He looks back towards the doors, then towards you again. "They'll want to board now, I'm sure. Pirates want to get everything out of the passengers-" "They aren't pirates," Gozrak says. "I saw a reading on the ship. It's a Mandalorian Battle Cruiser." The man curses again, looking forward. "Come on," he says, taking a step down the hall. "They'll be boarding through the cargo bay."

Dessh gives Alec a look. He shuts down his lightsaber. The Captain looks back and forth between the two, and then says, "I suppose I shouldn't be blaming you. The negotiations were going badly anyway, although they're going to want to capture you two now." He strides through the doorway, the guards following after you. "Deel! Tell your brother to open the armory. They'll be through in a few minutes." Addressing you as the guard runs ahead, he says, "They'll have to set up a pressure transfer lock to our cargo hold to board. I've no doubt that they're doing that now." The bridge crew and you catch up to the guard as he stands in the armory entrance, distributing weaponry. The captain raises his voice, addressing the passengers. "I will be in charge of talking to the Captain of their crew. They will want to talk. They will want to take prisoners. They will not treat anyone kindly. Do not, I repeat, do not make any moves until I say so." The passengers are spread out now. A few look determined. A few look like they want to be sick. All of them nod in agreement. "Good. Come to the lounge."

Dund swings himself over the bar and crouches behind it, as the barkeep pulls a large carbine out from under. The crew and passengers enter as the Sullustian and Wookie move to the bar as well. The entrance doors to the cargo bay are forward, and Dundaree shifts to get a good angle on it.

A few passengers hurry to their rooms as the Captain enters. He hits the companel, speaking to the deck officer. "Shut all airtight doors on my command." He waits until the last of the crewmembers enter, and then raises his voice. "If anyone wishes to take their luck with Mandalorian niceties, leave now." No one does. Gal and Ino enter behind the lead engineer and Gozrak from the side hall as the Captain nods. "Officer, if you would please." The doors slam shut. They will now be locked until the officer cancels the order, to minimize hull breach decompression.

Gal ducks into her quarters to fetch her weapon, coming out with her blaster. Ino draws a small holdout blaster as well, as they walk into the lounge. "No, he's just a smalltime crime boss that wants to make it big here in Mio." She sighs, and then looks around as the doors close. "I wonder what the plan is- oh." Crewmembers begin tipping tables and dragging them into lines as the Captain shouts at passengers. The single medic on board is sorting out his supplies nervously. Several hard-looking men are gathered behind the bar, with large weapons at the ready. "I don't think this will end well. Is the captain mad? Does he really intend to fight a ship full of pirates?"
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3934
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Olothontor » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:51 pm

I'll assist in preparations where I can, and see if I can't jury rig a small, simple automated turret if there are scrap parts available.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby enders_shadow » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Nod to the captain, and help with the preparations and fortifications. Ideally, I would like to set up near the front to help as many passengers as possible, and to draw fire. I also speak to some of the more frightened ones, trying to calm them.

EDIT: Seeing one of the able passengers trying to plan something with a young engineer, I go and ask if they need assistance.
Last edited by enders_shadow on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Scottsman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:20 am

I turn too the men beside me. " 'ou 'uys 'et 'own. el'meant o' s'prise 's 'owerfull." I hunker down and hide behindthe bar, ready to shoot if trouble starts.
Image
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Minifig
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Postby knolli » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:42 am

I look around the lounge and search for points of strategic value. How big is the door the aggressors are going to come through?

I walk over to one of the engeneers, the younger one with the horns, and ask in an innnocent voice: "Uhm, excuse me, Mister. I know you are busy, but if you could please answer one queston? The bad guys are going to come through there, right? Can't you just jam the door a bit to create a blottle neck?" If he needs help, I assist.

After that I take the best cover still available and call Ino to my side. I try not to get too near the guys who will draw the most fire: the captain and the guys with the big guns. Now the calm before the storm begins.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
User avatar
knolli
Dimmy
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am
Location: the world that never existed - home

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:53 pm

"Civilians, behind the barricades! Find cover! Those of you who are armed or wish to fight, cover the doors! We'll show these Mandos who's boss!"

Alec then draws his lightsaber again, with a determined look on his face, ready for a fight.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: The Edge

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Gozrak looks around for a spare blaster, then opens his toolkit and starts to fiddle with it. He looks up as a few others, Gal and Dessh, approach him. They offer help, and he shakes his head. "I'd like to tweak this so it can fire like a turret, but there really isn't enough time for that." The lead engineer looks over and raises an eyebrow, saying, "You could just pull the powerpack and use it as a bomb, you know." Gozrak gives him a look. "Oldest trick in the book. Crosswire the connectors and it'll trigger when the connection breaks. Scuse me, miss," he says, passing Gal to confer with the Captain.

Gozrak tries as the engineer suggests. [28] Pulling a few power packs out of his bag, he looks around for a place to put them as he splices the wires. It doesn't look like he needs any help, as he strides towards the open space in between the barricades and the door.

The double wide doors to the cargo bay and loading ramp is at the opposite end from the doors forward to the bridge and armory. Doors on both sides lead both to the cabins and aft to the engines. All of the doors are now sealed, including the hold's. They're going to have to burn their way through. The bar that the tough guys are behind is along the wall to the right of the hold's doors. Crewmembers finish pulling tables and chairs together as the captain and Alec direct the armed passengers behind them.

Dund peers over the bar at the preparations, counting heads. The two Jedi, the three men behind the bar, the five crew with guns, the captain, the seven armed passengers, and himself... thirteen. He grunts. May be unlucky number, but they're going to need all the luck they can get against seasoned Mandalorians. He slides back down under the bar, directing the others to wait for his signal. The Wookie grunts in approval, his bulk laid flat on the ground. The bartender and Sullustian nod, both crouching with their guns held ready.

There is a loud thump that seems to echo through the lounge. Gorzak hurries back to the barricades with his hold-out drawn, after he places the last of the mines, taking up a position away from the captain alongside Gal and Ino. Alec and Dessh step to the front of the barricades, a table with a crewmember on either side. The gathered people watch the door as there is a moment of silence, and then a bang. Ino winces.

A blaze of red-orange light pinions a corner of the steel door, shining forth.

Alec and Dessh switch on their lightsabers. The blazes snap-hiss into existence, illuminating their faces. Dund waits, tensing.

The light curves through the door, eating away at the metal. The captain stands, his back straight, at the rear of the barricades, watching intently. "Hold your fire until I say so!" he shouts, reminding you.

The light completes his arc. A thump, and the armored Mandalorian on the other side of the door kicks the plate to the ground. They file in, seven of them, the eight without a helmet. His scarred face examines the hastily-prepared defenses. He grins slightly. "Captain. I still offer you the chance for your surrender. The Jedi come with us, or..." His party shifts their weight, readying to bring their blasters to firing position.

Dund holds up a finger, waiting.

The captain shakes his head. "No, Mandalorian. No one comes with you. This is my ship. Get off." He matches the other captain grin for shit-eating-grin. The Mandalorian's eyes narrow, and his mouth begins to open, forming the word...
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3934
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Well. Crunch time :D . Wait for the captains signal (I assume you roll for initiative now)

if I roll high for initiative, use my talent to disarm the leader of the Mandalorians.

If low, then deflect (I expect that's a free action?) the first bolt that comes my way (if it isn't, never mind). Then jump into the attack and slice at the most injured Mando.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1427
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Force-Push the mandos back into the corridor. Then order everyone with a weapon to open fire into said corridor.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1939
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: The Edge

Postby Olothontor » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:17 pm

See about detonating those charges, whether that means shooting one or shooting near a Mando to convince him to back onto one.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Scottsman » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:26 pm

If the mandolorians aren't looking my way, I count down and my buds behind the bar'll spring up, as will I obviously.
Image
TROLOLO
Scottsman
Minifig
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Postby knolli » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:35 am

I try to calm Ino, resting my free hand on top of hers. I don't want her to do anything stupid before the word is given. When the signal comes, I don't open fire immediatelly but rather stay behind my cover and watch the captain a bit longer. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have a feeling there is something more to it.
If I'm wrong and nothing unexpected happens (like us being backstabbed or the word being "Retreat!") I finally open fire, too.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
User avatar
knolli
Dimmy
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:30 am
Location: the world that never existed - home

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests