BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:14 am

I think Knolli really is an engineer IRL :P

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Not In Game wrote:Knolli: 1: Knolli's hair falls out in a cloud of dandruff. He panics and runs down the hall, flailing and screaming something about radiation cancer. Fenix takes another look at the sample. It's glowing bright green and is warm to the touch.
:D

I actually figured I had that wrong, but I don't look info up as I type. Also figured that you had a better idea than me on what a geiger counter's really called- unless, of course, that actually isn't it at all. Oh well. Tell you what- this top secret facility has it built in! Aha!

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:10 pm

Ok, erm, I'll boost my HP then. Wait, so if you use 1 xp for each thing, then I'll attune to my mutation.

Oh yeah, shoot the berserker. Just in case Alec doesn't succeed in killing it.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:27 pm

I fucking hate it when I do that. I closed the tab that had the next turn in it. Sorry guys. I'll have to rewrite it tomorrow, I can't redo it like that.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:21 am

Ross_Varn wrote:I fucking hate it when I do that. I closed the tab that had the next turn in it. Sorry guys. I'll have to rewrite it tomorrow, I can't redo it like that.
Your browser should have saved it somewhere. Try Ctrl+Shift+T. That should open the tab you just closed and restore the data. It works fine with Firefox.
Last edited by knolli on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:55 am

knolli wrote:Try Ctrl+Shift+T. That should open the tab you just closed and restore the date. It works fine with Firefox.
omg how did I never know about this.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:34 pm

...I'm remembering that one, but I'm running Chrome Incognito at the moment, so yeah, I'm screwed. :? Rewriting it now though...

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:21 pm

Alec: 2: Pounding down the flight of stairs, the rest of the crew following, Alec steps over the bodies of the smaller aliens and raises his sword arm. It nearly doubles in length, blazing green, as he cleaves the dying beast in twain. [-4 HP]

Fenix: Fenix leans on one of the destroyed server racks, looking through a medikit. He takes inventory of it's content and snaps it shut, looking around.

Knolli: Knolli pokes the body with his toe. He looks back at the smaller bodies, comparing the two. While the others are shorter in stature and clutching odd-looking equipment, the big one seems to be... bulkier. And it's only armed with very long, very sharp looking claws.

Knolli takes his dosimeter out of his pocket, wincing as he sees the total again. The gadget's constant whine decreases a notch as the last alien dies, only to hitch back up at his touch. He takes a look at the current readout, then pockets it.

She': 5: *BANG* The group jumps, Knolli spinning around as She' lifts his arm off the body. "What the hell was that?" he demands. She' shrugs, saying "Wanted to make sure it was dead." Fenix says, "Well, at least we know that exoskeleton isn't rated for pulses..." They look at the mess splattered against the rack in silence.

As She' steps back, he feels an odd sensation pulse down his arm. Veins push their way to the top of his gun arm. The tip glows green...

Fenix points towards the doors at the back. "I guess that's where the stairs are." You move towards them, pushing them open. What should be the tech lab for Thermal, where none of you have gone before, is completely empty and dark. A pair of ceiling high double doors in the back stand open. Corridors lead off to both sides.

Kneeling down, Knolli traces large scratches in the floor from the light of the server area, leading towards the doors. He glances up at the others.

Current Floor: Sub-Level 16
Alec: Energy Blade [+2 Melee, Maxed]: 10/10 HP: 0 XP
Knolli: Dual Blades: 12/12 HP: 0 XP: Armed, Pistol [+1 Ranged]
She': Plasma Gun [+1 Melee]: 11/11 HP: 2 XP
Fenix: Steelskin [+1 Melee]: 9/11 HP: 0 XP: Armed, Pistol [+1 Ranged]
Group Loot: Orange Card, Knife, Power Rod, Cykronium, 2 Medkits

Server Room:
Server Racks
Dead Assassin
Dead Assassin
Dead Berserker

Currently: Tech Room, Thermal: Dark

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:54 pm

"Well... why not? We might find more about this incident and our mutations. Shall we?"

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:18 pm

"I wish I had brought a flashlight." I search for a light switch. If even the escape lighting are off: "Energy seems to be down in this area. That's creepy." I follow the trail of scratches and listen at the door.

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Hmm, maybe the glow from my plasma gun will allow us to see into the room! Like when it's dark and you try to use your cellphone or watch to see the lock of your door.

RagnarokRose

Post by RagnarokRose » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Fenix: Fenix moves cautiously into the room, looking down at the marks. They match where desks should have been previously... Alec follows him, looking around for a weapon in vain.

Knolli: Knolli can't even tell where the stairs would be, if they're even down one of the side corridors. The room is entirely dark. Following the marks across the empty floor to the faintly edged out doorway, he presses himself up against it and shoves his hand into his pocket, switching off the dosimeter for a minute. 4: Absolutely nothing. Wait. Wait, what was that? Knolli strains to listen. A very faint, subvocal whine echos outside of the door. The room sounds very large.

She': 2: The glow from his pulse barrel fails to do anything other than flicker feebly. He'd probably have a better result with a discharge, but Knolli would probably also lose his shit. Better wait.

Current Floor: Sub-Level 16
Alec: Energy Blade [+2 Melee, Maxed]: 10/10 HP: 0 XP
Knolli: Dual Blades: 12/12 HP: 0 XP: Armed, Pistol [+1 Ranged]
She': Plasma Gun [+1 Melee]: 11/11 HP: 2 XP
Fenix: Steelskin [+1 Melee]: 9/11 HP: 0 XP: Armed, Pistol [+1 Ranged]
Group Loot: Orange Card, Knife, Power Rod, Cykronium, 2 Medkits

Server Room:
Server Racks
Dead Assassin
Dead Assassin
Dead Berserker

Currently: Tech Room, Thermal: Dark
Exits: Server Room, Dark Halls, Large Room

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:36 am

I put one finger to my mouth and gesture the others to wait and be quiet. Then I sneak into the dark to find the origin of the whine. Knife at the ready.

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:54 pm

Silently prime the pulse cannon. (Essentially a response action.)
Wait, it probably gets brighter the more it's charged, right? So prime the cannon and attempt to see at least a silhouette of whatever is in there.

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Post by SnakeMittens » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:13 pm

Sigh. Ross or Oreo, I don't care which, update the story please.