Random battle for the grocery store.

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Random battle for the grocery store.

Post by Cakeman » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Yesterday my younger brother was here and we had a small but fun brikwars battle. Five minifigs and a hero per team and the battleground was the large set grocery store (or whatever it's called) where I put some evil animals, some random weapons and a yellow crystal wich we agreed posession of would grant victory. I placed the items, he got to choose where to set up. Let me present the forces:

My team consisted of four manly spartans, a ninja with crossbows and my hero (not very visable here) a vampire with a golden trident. My brother (ever the powergamer) opted for my vermacht troops but with a twist, apparently they got infested with brickthulian influences and his hero is the officer with the indian headgear.

My brothers setup. He choose to position his troops with great firepower covering all entrances and sides. Not in this picture but Klaus covered the right side of the building.

My setup. My ninja leads the charge, hero following and then the brave spartans. Now, my brother was counting on going first and just staying with delayed actions to shoot me when my troops turned up. However, I won the roll for first round not giving him the first actions to keep. And that house is not all that wide actually...

Sorry for the extremely bad picture! My ninja charged the hallway, shooting Gunther dead with a crossbowbolt. Spartan nr 1 followd behind the ninja. The vampire, with greater move, ran around the building and stabbed Klaus with his trident, killing him. Also seen are some battlepigs. Spartan nr 2 entered the store, nr 3 climbed the stairs and nr 4 waited.

The chief turned on my vampire, charging. He hit with his rapier but didn't kill. Vampire critfailed with returning strike, trident stuck on lamppost. The chief then shot him dead with his gun. My vampire tried to use his feat to turn into mist but failed, so he became really dead.

Hans followed his chief, grabbed Günthers machinegun and shot the ninja with a well placed salvo.

Sharky ran up and opened fire with his gun. As seen, thanks to his eye-configuration we ruled he could actually fire from cover... he splattered spartan nr 2s head over the wall. But there were angry squeaks heard...

...though the charging battlepig was shot by response-fire from Squidhead (not in picture). Next turn.

Spartan nr 1 charges over the dead ninja and makes a fantastic leap, plunging his spear into Hans neck though sadly only scoring two points of damage. Everybody was not laughing, I can tell you. Spartan nr 3 entered the top floor and found (and picked up) a bazooka with one shot. Spartan nr 4 also started to climb the back stairs. Here I argued that my vampire should be able to revive on a "10" on a d10. I won the "what-I-say-goes" but there was some grumbling from the other side of the table... (notice how I have lousy pics of my own turns).

The chief then turns on spartan 1 but inflicts measly damage. The return strike actually would kill the chief, but Hans, sensing an opportunity to serve his leader, valiantly leaps between the chief and impending pointy doom and dies with a smile on his face.

Squidly then shoots Spartan nr 1 in the back. Very unsportsmanlike. sharky starts to climd the facade of the building.

I don't quite remember what happened on my turn but I did roll a 10 for the resurection-roll but after some argument I dropped the matter and continued to have fun.

Spartan 3 with the bazooka decided to rocketjump out from the top floor, and in a rare coincidence shot Squidly into red paste on the sidewalk. Sharky and the chief had by now both entered the second floor. Spartan 3 was confident that the shockwave would slow his decent and allow him to land safely to pick up a new weapon, but...

...a failed "what-I-say-goes" later he discovers that in this house we follow the rules of gravity (and thermodynamics..).

The last spartan (nr 4) charges from the top floor at the same time as a ravenous kitten and wild dog attack the chief. He throws his spear at Sharky but misses, sharky misses response fire, the Chief kills both the dog and the cult and then

Triumpfantly shoots Nr 4 in the back (it took some stabbing too). Victory for the brickthulian wermacht who conquered the crystal for use in some nefarious experiment, no doubt.

All in all I had good fun. Hopefully more battles ahead.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:36 pm

Go wermacht!

Anyway, nice battle!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Sometimes, small battles can be the best kind, when there's an interesting environment for them to fight in. There were some great feats and shenanigans in here, too. I found the Spartan jumping with the bazooka and splattering himself to be particularly entertaining. :twisted:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm suprised it took this long for someone to use a modular house for a BrikWar, those look like great battlefields, especially when you have cultist shark nazis going up against Spartans and Vampires.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:17 pm

wonderful setup, nice battle overall. Those pesky vampires, dying too early :evil: . Anyway, looks like great fun, and I also echo the statement about small forces: it allows the battlefields to be much more detailed and awesome!

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:33 pm

Of course all the Spartans died! But at least they were awesome while alive!
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Brikboyz
Officer

Post by Brikboyz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:02 pm

I notice many brickforge products in there!
Too many bricks, never enough time.

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:20 am

Brikboyz wrote:I notice many brickforge products in there!
Helmets and weapons for the cultists are Brickarms (has a good ww2-range) and the bodyarmor seen on the robot and Squiddy is from Brickforge, looks really good. (The new brickwarrior site is not represented, doesn't ship to me...)

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:30 am

That's some skillful photography.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE