Official Lego Video Games Topic

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby Predator » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:22 am

Olothontor wrote:
mgb519 wrote:I remember the original Lego island.

Ooooh, man. That brings back memories.
8)
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)

Get Him!!!! :fist:

This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.
Predator
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Official Lego Video Games Topic

Postby Sir Sporktimus » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:43 pm

What's the consensus on the new Lego Dimensions that's coming out?
Sir Sporktimus
Officer

Postby stubby » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:35 pm

My consensus is that the trailer video is great. But then the trailer video for Lego Universe was great too, and we all saw how that went.
Natalya wrote:What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how banned you are.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby tahthing » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:37 am

Looks like anouther shit skylanders clone. Why anybody would even want to clone that game i'll never know. (Oh wait it's the ability to sell a character for £40 just because it comes with a figure)
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Tzan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:46 am

stubby wrote:My consensus is that the trailer video is great. But then the trailer video for Lego Universe was great too, and we all saw how that went.

You have an extra "h" in https.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:31 pm

tahthing wrote:Looks like anouther shit skylanders clone. Why anybody would even want to clone that game i'll never know. (Oh wait it's the ability to sell a character for £40 just because it comes with a figure)

Tycho wrote:I would have thought Disney was behind the curve a little bit with Infinity, but that wasn’t entirely true; a nice line, a novel feature set, and, um, access to the full battery of Disney’s geosynchronous branding platform seems to have squared the circle. I would have dark words for the third entrant into such an arena if it weren’t Lego. Disney’s stable is pretty legendary, but the Lego side of the equation consists of every other notable brand. Disney isn’t willing to go whole hog on the crossover stuff outside of a very specific quarantine zone, and that’s going to be the Strength (or Might, if you’re playing Pillars) of the Lego Dimensions play.

Of course, that’s to say nothing of the profound erotic potential.

My theory is that it’s just gonna be Emmet and Wyldstyle at my house, given the fact that Movie Night with my fam could be called Lego Movie Night with no loss of clarity. Ronia plays with the bricks Brenna had as a kid, and Elliot plays with all my old Lego shit. Kids don’t really perceive the hard lines between genres that are so incredibly Important to us; and there’s something fundamental about the universally capable Pip that unifies these toys physically and conceptually. I, uh… hm. I just realized that I could talk about this for another thousand words. Let this act as the final parenthesis: not focusing all of my adult resources as a coherent beam on the acquisition of Lego sets requires a substantial investment of my psychic reserves, and this shit doesn’t help at all.
Natalya wrote:What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how banned you are.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Previous

Return to Lesser Games